PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Lions (0-1) at Graham Steers (0-1)

clcannon17
09-01-2016, 01:15 AM
Should be interesting to see how these teams come back from last week's losses. I'm not sure where Graham's woes came from, but Brownwood's was from penalties. Had no trouble moving the ball, had a bunch of trouble of getting it in the endzone without laundry on the field.

That being said Brownwood looks very good talent wise, especially considering the team we were playing last week. Hope it's a good game and no one gets hurt.

I say Brownwood by 31.

Wayne
09-01-2016, 04:27 AM
I'm going with upset, Graham by 3

Bosqueville
09-01-2016, 05:14 AM
After 14 penalties last week I assume this week's practice was intense to say the least. If they cut down on the mental errors I say Bwd by 21.

Grahamcheerdad
09-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Graham looked bad 31 might be going easy on them

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Should be interesting to see how these teams come back from last week's losses. I'm not sure where Graham's woes came from, but Brownwood's was from penalties. Had no trouble moving the ball, had a bunch of trouble of getting it in the endzone without laundry on the field.

That being said Brownwood looks very good talent wise, especially considering the team we were playing last week. Hope it's a good game and no one gets hurt.

I say Brownwood by 31.

Canyon is not a terrible 5A team. They're not going to challenge much at the state level, but they do have a pretty good/efficient offense. The fact that Brownwood held them to just 20 points, including OT, is pretty impressive to me. I think the Lions will be just fine, once they get the laundry cleaned up, and that should give the offense a boost in production. If we were week 5 or 6 and you're still getting that many penalties, that'd be concerning, but because it was week one, it doesn't really deter me from picking Brownwood here and in future matchups.

I think the Lions get things going the right direction this week. I like them by three or four scores over the Steers.

briandumith*
09-01-2016, 11:22 AM
If anybody thinks that Graham's performance last week is the norm. Then they are wrong. It was a sloppy mistake-filled offense that caused the problems and the high score. 4X Graham was in the red zone and 4x they either turned it over on Downs due to penalties or just plain turned it over. The defense was solid until the second half when they were totally exhausted from being on the field the entire first half practically. This team is way way way better than that score indicated. Look for the game to be a whole lot closer to what everybody is saying here. unless the mistakes continue. I think Graham wins by 3

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CP3Dad
09-01-2016, 07:19 PM
;)
Graham looked bad 31 might be going easy on them
I think we'll go ahead and play out the schedule...I mean we got this new stadium and all...��

regaleagle
09-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I tend to agree with Dumith on this one......I think last week for the Steers was not what you will see this week. Besides, I think Sanger is a much better team this year than last year's squad, and caught Graham unprepared because of the short scrimmage rain-outs and whatever other reasons happened. Sanger has a very good offense......make no mistake about it. And they also have a very good defense. I look for a fairly close hard-fought battle in this one, folks. But that's just me, haha.

Wayne
09-02-2016, 02:33 PM
I haven't seen Brownwood blow Graham out yet. I believe this will be a closer game then some think. One thing about Graham, they're not gonna just hand you the win. Good luck tonight Steers from your friends over in Argyle!

bearbear78
09-02-2016, 06:10 PM
I haven't seen Brownwood blow Graham out yet. I believe this will be a closer game then some think. One thing about Graham, they're not gonna just hand you the win. Good luck tonight Steers from your friends over in Argyle!

Much appreciated and good luck to the Eagles tonight. I'm thinking Argyle takes it by two TDs and that's just because DL is sidelined for this one. LG can not beat Argyle when it goes in the trenches where Argyle is more than comfortable going.

clcannon17
09-02-2016, 07:22 PM
I don't know much about Graham, but I know this lions team is really good, that being said, Graham always puts up a fight, and from the games I've seen have only blown them out once. All I know is that it will be a tougher task for the steers, considering how much trouble Landry Turner gave us last year.

Looking forward to it though.

clcannon17
09-02-2016, 10:08 PM
How did we win?

Gj Graham, until Brownwood shows better improvement, I'm thinking Graham was the better team. Solid D-line and an efficient offense when they limit mistakes.
As far as my lions, I'm at a loss of words.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BwdLion73
09-02-2016, 11:03 PM
We looked a lot better losing last week than we did winning this week.

briandumith*
09-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Was a sloppy game..but dang it was fun to watch.. good luck this year guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wayne
09-03-2016, 09:11 AM
That's the Graham Steers I remember. They never quit. By the time non district is done, Graham will be firing on all cylinders. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.