PDA

View Full Version : LH vs LV (laVernia)....

panfan
08-30-2016, 05:00 PM
I waited for some of the current players folks to start this, but ........ So, here we go. LH doesn't have a full game under their belt, and had a tenuous start against LaGrange. Lavernia got thumped by the Texans. Its a toss up right? LH takes this one by two scores (a TD and a field goal - we got a new kicker and he can kick). Panthers got that offensive fumble out of the way on the first drive, ughhh, make that play last week, so its all good!

Bosqueville
08-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Liberty Hill by 21!

AP2364
08-30-2016, 11:44 PM
I waited for some of the current players folks to start this, but ........ So, here we go. LH doesn't have a full game under their belt, and had a tenuous start against LaGrange. Lavernia got thumped by the Texans. Its a toss up right? LH takes this one by two scores (a TD and a field goal - we got a new kicker and he can kick). Panthers got that offensive fumble out of the way on the first drive, ughhh, make that play last week, so its all good!

By looking at the film I think this one will not be close. I think LH is going to come out of their shell and play with confidence. They got the jitters out against LaGrange and did not have a chance to redeem themselves after the slow start. I think they play with a chip on their shoulder and will dominate in this one.

bag-o-chips
08-31-2016, 05:38 AM
Actually it seems LV is down after the coaching fiasco last year and turmoil in the stands with parents and fans. I see LH winning this game easily though!

greendawg84
08-31-2016, 08:14 AM
Da Hill by bunches . A kicker ??????? Whats next .... you gonna tell me you got a throwing QB and a few receivers that moved in that can actually catch the ball ???? No way panfan ......

LHPfactory
08-31-2016, 09:06 AM
By looking at the film I think this one will not be close. I think LH is going to come out of their shell and play with confidence. They got the jitters out against LaGrange and did not have a chance to redeem themselves after the slow start. I think they play with a chip on their shoulder and will dominate in this one.

Im thinking the same thing, and hoping so. If so my sophomore Center will get some mop up time in the 4th quarter....It will make all the tolls on 130 worth it, not going to touch I35 on Friday.

panfan
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Da Hill by bunches . A kicker ??????? Whats next .... you gonna tell me you got a throwing QB and a few receivers that moved in that can actually catch the ball ???? No way panfan ......

oh man - you aint seen nothing g-dawg. We got a kicker who can kick, and QB who can pass, and.... wait for it. A few kids that can catch. we threw the ball like 10 times against taylor. And one kid is like 6'8" with glue like hands and hard to bring down. Not the fastest guy out there, but who cares, he can catch, and its gonna take more than a little free safety to bring him down. I predict, you will see more passes out of the hill this year than all years combined since Vance got here. So that's about 16 years, at about 1 pass per 5 regular season games. with a 10 games per season... so that's 32 passes - Yep - we will throw the ball more than 32 times this year. Mark my words. :eek::eek::eek:

Rabid Cougar
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
LH vs LV is down the road a bit.

panfan
08-31-2016, 11:22 AM
LH vs LV is down the road a bit.

RC - you been sniffin the baby blue paint? We got a copule "la" games. La Grange, La vernia, and La vega. This week - LV - la vernia, down the road a bit, La Vega. :D.

Rabid Cougar
08-31-2016, 11:39 AM
RC - you been sniffin the baby blue paint? We got a copule "la" games. La Grange, La vernia, and La vega. This week - LV - la vernia, down the road a bit, La Vega. :D.

Nah There is only one LV.

LHPfactory
08-31-2016, 09:31 PM
Several of us making the trip on Friday, Where do folks eat in La Vernia ?

Anything good?

rb585
08-31-2016, 11:03 PM
LV is not nearly as talented as they have been the last two seasons.

For food, we ate at Sammy's -- good Tex-Mex, but really crowded, so allow for time.

greendawg84
09-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Come now panfan , why you gonna start rumors like that . Da Hill has a a pass play ????

Kicker is for real , heard he had a couple of brothers that can kick also .

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 09:39 AM
... We got a kicker who can kick ...

I thought that kid graduated after the 2006 season ...

panfan
09-01-2016, 10:08 AM
I thought that kid graduated after the 2006 season ...

Its his little brother and he can make it when it matters.:doh:

panfan
09-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Come now panfan , why you gonna start rumors like that . Da Hill has a a pass play ????

Kicker is for real , heard he had a couple of brothers that can kick also .

No - two. Roll out left and roll out right.

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Its his little brother and he can make it when it matters.:doh:

The 2006 kid made the one that mattered most ...

panfan
09-01-2016, 11:25 AM
The 2006 kid made the one that mattered most ...

Yes he did - and I was there watching it as I'm sure were you!

The Associated Press
WACO - Gio Magallon kicked a 31-yard field goal with six seconds left to give Liberty Hill a 22-19 win over Celina in the Class 3A Division II state championship Saturday.

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Yes he did - and I was there watching it as I'm sure were you!

The Associated Press
WACO - Gio Magallon kicked a 31-yard field goal with six seconds left to give Liberty Hill a 22-19 win over Celina in the Class 3A Division II state championship Saturday.

Great game, regardless of outcome.

As far as this week goes, I think LH rolls big.

LHAG
09-01-2016, 09:06 PM
LH should get it done. Good practices this week. Need to shake out the nerves real quick though. Line play will be the key as they are not used to pass blocking and it shows. My guess is that Vance stays on the ground unless LV is weak in the secondary.

LHAG
09-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Great game, regardless of outcome.

As far as this week goes, I think LH rolls big.

You win the prize! They rolled very big scoring 3 TDs in their first 5 minutes and 5 seconds as I recall. They scored 3 TD's on their first 6 offensive plays,but the defense put them in great field position with interceptions and fumble recoveries. As predicted the 7on7 this summer gave the defensive backfield some experience with the pass.

I will say that it is a shame that the OL and the backs have little exposure to blocking on the pass. Also receivers need to understand the importance of watching the ball all the way into their hands.

Zach Wilemon, a Jr. Def end, broke his tibia (shin bone) early in the 2nd half and will have surgery Monday. Great kid.