PDA

View Full Version : Restaraunt suggestions in Port Aransas????

Gsquared
08-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Heading down this Saturday after the Cuero/Yoakum game, wheres the good stuff?

Rocket Man
08-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Get there the day before; go out on the jetty & catch you a Red/Sheepshead/Spanish Mac & grill 'em yourself.

Prices at the grocery store there are pretty reasonable for all the sides you'll need.

Gsquared
08-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Get there the day before; go out on the jetty & catch you a Red/Sheepshead/Spanish Mac & grill 'em yourself.

Prices at the grocery store there are pretty reasonable for all the sides you'll need.

Good idea, though, not in to exerting engery

Rocket Man
08-30-2016, 02:09 PM
We usually don't eat on the island when there, but on the way home we stop in Aransas Pass at Taqueria Guadalajara.

Of course if we want some Shrimp Boil during the stay, we head over to Rockport to the Boiling Pot.

Gsquared
08-30-2016, 02:28 PM
We usually don't eat on the island when there, but on the way home we stop in Aransas Pass at Taqueria Guadalajara.

Of course if we want some Shrimp Boil during the stay, we head over to Rockport to the Boiling Pot.

Oh man, ive been to Boiling Pot, place is amazeballs. Ill probably be needing something within walking or uber distance from the beach since I plan drinking copious amounts of beer.

bluecat
08-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh man, ive been to Boiling Pot, place is amazeballs. Ill probably be needing something within walking or uber distance from the beach since I plan drinking copious amounts of beer.
Seafood & Spaghetti works in Port A has great food. its right on the main road at the 4 way crossing when you leave the beach.

pirate4state
08-30-2016, 03:33 PM
Make sure to check out the Back Porch Bar.

ApachePride
08-30-2016, 03:58 PM
The Venetian is a good Italian seafood place... Right next to it is La Playa which is good Mexican seafood...

panfan
08-30-2016, 04:55 PM
redfish willies in aransas pass - conn brown harbor

Bosqueville
08-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Fins! Or Crazy Cajun! If you like seafood boils Crazy Cajun is the Shizz!

Gsquared
08-31-2016, 07:20 AM
Fins! Or Crazy Cajun! If you like seafood boils Crazy Cajun is the Shizz!
Man, I forgot about Crazy Cajun. Have never eaten there but have heard about it. How close to the beach is that?

pancho villa
08-31-2016, 08:06 AM
While you are down there head over to Ingleside. You can get drunk, dip snuff and all kinds of trashy things with the women folk there.

Gsquared
08-31-2016, 08:11 AM
While you are down there head over to Ingleside. You can get drunk, dip snuff and all kinds of trashy things with the women folk there.

That's like being at home though, I want it to have a vacation feel....

GreyhoundDad
08-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Shells has very good food and is a neat little restaurant. For Mexican food, I second the recommendation for La Playa. It is not the same as the La Playas in Corpus and is much better. For a very high quality meal but expensive, I recommend Lisabellas in Cinammon Shores neighborhood.

Gsquared
08-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Shells has very good food and is a neat little restaurant. For Mexican food, I second the recommendation for La Playa. It is not the same as the La Playas in Corpus and is much better. For a very high quality meal but expensive, I recommend Lisabellas in Cinammon Shores neighborhood.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think we might do Shells for lunch and Crazy Cajun for dinner.

Bosqueville
08-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Man, I forgot about Crazy Cajun. Have never eaten there but have heard about it. How close to the beach is that?

It's on the Beach side of the main hwy. Maybe 3 blocks from the beach almost in a residential area. Be sure and check the days they are open.

lv2937
08-31-2016, 09:36 PM
Moby Dicks is the best place in Port A to eat. I go down there 5/6 times a year and that's where I always eat at. If my daughter and her boyfriend is with us, we have to go to crazy Cajun at least once. They think that's the only place to eat.

Weebe
08-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Venetian Hot Plate has the best upscale food on the island. If you want the typical fried seafood go to Fins.

MUSTANG69
09-01-2016, 12:02 PM
redfish willies in aransas pass - conn brown harbor

Redfish Willies has gone crazy with pricing. $ 12.00 for lunch special, $ 19.00 for a shrimp basket, $ 4.00 for ice tea, etc.