PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans @ Giddings Buffaloes

Tejastrue
08-29-2016, 09:12 PM
Texans coming off a win over La Vernia while the Buffaloes lost their opener to a very good Navarro team. I believe we have a little something brewing here in Wimberley (besides the micro beer). Will be interesting to see how we match up. I say we leave Giddings 2-0 after Friday. What say you?

iFootball
08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Texans +10 👍🏼

10ForTheWin
08-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Give me Wimbo by 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bag-o-chips
08-30-2016, 03:21 AM
Show them what our District has now Tejas!!!

ogg
08-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Texans +10 ����

I'll go along with that, Texans by ten.

PurplePop
08-30-2016, 05:53 PM
I'll go Texans by 3, but they better be ready for a tough game. Giddings won't be a happy camper at home this week after a tough road loss. They are loaded with talent. They just need to figure out how to get the ball in the hands of all that talent. The Texans better hope it takes Giddings another couple of weeks to figure that out.

Tejastrue
08-30-2016, 08:11 PM
So what I am hearing is you guys caught a break last week. lol. The Texans have played Giddings early in the season since 2012. Even though they've been down the last few years (Texans), all of the games were highly competitive. They always have talent. They always get the respect.

PurplePop
08-30-2016, 08:20 PM
So what I am hearing is you guys caught a break last week. lol. The Texans have played Giddings early in the season since 2012. Even though they've been down the last few years (Texans), all of the games were highly competitive. They always have talent. They always get the respect.

That's exactly what you're hearing. What's your pick for the game?

Tejastrue
08-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Texans by 7.

speedbump
08-30-2016, 08:35 PM
After taking into consideration all I know about Giddings (very little) and all I know about Wimberly (also very little) I'm going with Giddings by 4.

1st and goal
08-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I think the home team will prevail by 7 after last week's loss. Navarro must've already been running on all 8 cylinders the first week.

I think Giddings will be able to execute better this week and get the W.

bag-o-chips
08-31-2016, 05:35 AM
Navarro was pretty sloppy at times dropping the ball 6 times but only lost one. Lot of penalties. Giddings is loaded with Talent and sure pass the Eye Test when they walk out ! Wimberley will be ready and will not repeat what happened to them last year! This will be a Great Game to keep an eye on for sure.

hookandladder
08-31-2016, 06:04 AM
Giddings is a pretty tough place to win at, Buffs by 10.

Pudlugger
08-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Giddings is a pretty tough place to win at, Buffs by 10.

I agree Hook tough to beat Giddins at home and when was the last time they started 0-2? Buffs by 14

Tejastrue
09-01-2016, 08:13 PM
This is the norm for Pud and Hook to pick against us...:wave:

solocam
09-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Texans by 7

1st and goal
09-01-2016, 09:52 PM
This is the norm for Pud and Hook to pick against us...:wave:

Yes, but it is VERY rare for them to pick "for" us...:)

regaleagle
09-01-2016, 11:05 PM
This is a game I wouldn't want to bet on.......I'll just say that much. I did give Wimberley my vote in the Poll, but I wouldn't put any money on this game one way or the other......just sayin'.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Texans Wimberley

Tejastrue
09-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes, but it is VERY rare for them to pick "for" us...:)

There is much truth in what you say..lol

Getting ready to head that way. Here's for a great game all around for both sides and for the Texans to have at least one more point than Giddings. :1popcorn:

1st and goal
09-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Drive safe everyone.

Tejastrue
09-03-2016, 01:05 AM
It is late so I'll keep it short. Let me start by saying congrats to Giddings on the win. From a game perspective as a whole I saw two teams in dire need of finding a QB to lead their team. You are welcome for all the gifts tonight. The QB for us is still on the sidelines mending. Defensively Wimberley was lights out. This was a very physical game, yet a game we should have won. Our offense is not quite ready for prime time....but very close. The Texans will learn and be better for it.

PurplePop
09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
It is late so I'll keep it short. Let me start by saying congrats to Giddings on the win. From a game perspective as a whole I saw two teams in dire need of finding a QB to lead their team. You are welcome for all the gifts tonight. The QB for us is still on the sidelines mending. Defensively Wimberley was lights out. This was a very physical game, yet a game we should have won. Our offense is not quite ready for prime time....but very close. The Texans will learn and be better for it.
I'm assuming you're referring to Noah Woods. I was wondering where he was. My son is his age so we saw him in 7th and 8th grade.

PurplePop
09-03-2016, 08:00 AM
And, sorry about last night. Sounded like the early int.'s were the difference.

Tejastrue
09-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks Purple... that is the guy but I need to be careful here. The two young men rotating at QB played their butts off but just made some poor decisions while throwing some sweet passes that were off target most of the evening. After all was said and done we still had our chances. Hats off to Giddings" goal line stands but this has been an area of concern for our 1st and goal offense the last several years. Can't forget to mention the screen play for a TD that was nullified by a questionable penalty. I hope the injured young man from Giddings that was helped off the field is okay. Always hate to see that happen.

rb585
09-05-2016, 10:06 PM
We have played 15 games over two seasons with Noah Woods on the sidelines.

Suggesting he is some sort of savior is completely unfair to the kids who have been playing QB.

rb585
09-05-2016, 10:08 PM
This smacks of texags -- the best QB by far is the backup who hasn't gotten the chance to play.

Tejastrue
09-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Surely you read my latest comment. Nobody suggested he was some kind of savior. That is hilarious. I've been talking the last several years about this young man and I am very high on him. What's really unfair here, playing or being injured. Stop trying to make this into more than it is..... I never criticize and then exacerbate my posts when it comes to high school players...especially Wimberley kids. I will not start now.

PurplePop
09-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Surely you read my latest comment. Nobody suggested he was some kind of savior. That is hilarious. I've been talking the last several years about this young man and I am very high on him. What's really unfair here, playing or being injured. Stop trying to make this into more than it is..... I never criticize and then exacerbate my posts when it comes to high school players...especially Wimberley kids. I will not start now.

Tejas has always kept his comments between the TDL lines. Sorry, I was the one who asked Tejas about the injured player. He's a very good player, and I thought he'd be back this year. I really feel for him.