PDA

View Full Version : Marion @ Navarro

bag-o-chips
08-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Game was to be played at Marion but the new turf field is not ready. Trying to get this Guadalupe County Rivalry going again. Less than 15 miles apart. Was not played last two years. Marion coming off a blowout over Austin Eastside Memorial and Navarro took care of Giddings handily. Hoping to see some things get cleaned up between Game 1 and Game 2.

bd62
08-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Marion has really improved there program but no match for Navarro. At least by 35

Hope they improved there stands. Last time I was there I nearly fell thru weak boards and got stickers in my butt lol

YTBulldogs
08-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Nav by sixty+

bag-o-chips
08-30-2016, 03:25 AM
Come on Guys I think Marion is tougher than 60 points. After all the local paper said they have the best QB for the four teams they cover! Marion passed an 11 million bond and is installing turf and new bleachers. It was pretty ratty esp. the visitor's side. I think if we clean some things up from last week like fumbles and special teams we will do just fine. Looking for improvement between week 1 and 2.

SaltySixes
08-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Come on Guys I think Marion is tougher than 60 points. After all the local paper said they have the best QB for the four teams they cover! Marion passed an 11 million bond and is installing turf and new bleachers. It was pretty ratty esp. the visitor's side. I think if we clean some things up from last week like fumbles and special teams we will do just fine. Looking for improvement between week 1 and 2.

Not convinced they have the best QB in the county at all! And what does that even mean? Just solely that he is better than Navarro QB? considering seguin QB is garbage and lifegate is lifegate. Im sure that he's the best player for marion, that doesn't automatically make him number 1 QB like the picture the Gazette likes to paint. Furthermore, Marion is always given more love locally than Navarro due to the fact that for a long time they were the bigger school, and better program.....
Well not anymore.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Not convinced they have the best QB in the county at all! And what does that even mean? Just solely that he is better than Navarro QB? considering seguin QB is garbage and lifegate is lifegate. Im sure that he's the best player for marion, that doesn't automatically make him number 1 QB like the picture the Gazette likes to paint. Furthermore, Marion is always given more love locally than Navarro due to the fact that for a long time they were the bigger school, and better program.....
Well not anymore.

Yes, Marion is better. But, this is Navarro we are talking about. Not Seguin-like.

10ForTheWin
08-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Navarro by 50, the backups will get a lot of play time and they look pretty rough at points last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltySixes
08-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Yes, Marion is better. But, this is Navarro we are talking about. Not Seguin-like.

Im not sure you're fully informed about what i was posting about.

arges
08-30-2016, 11:07 PM
People seem to forget Clemens and Steele are in the county too.

bag-o-chips
08-31-2016, 05:32 AM
Yes they are but nobody would buy the paper over there !!

YTBulldogs
08-31-2016, 11:02 AM
Hate jumping ahead, but--can't wait till Goad gives Herring some of his own medicine in Refugio.

SaltySixes
08-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Hate jumping ahead, but--can't wait till Goad gives Herring some of his own medicine in Refugio.

I sure hope so! And glad to see coach Goad get mentioned, one of the best coaches in the state! He deserves the up most respect..

I am alittle bit worried about Refugio's QB though he seams like a absolute beast

10ForTheWin
08-31-2016, 03:00 PM
I sure hope so! And glad to see coach Goad get mentioned, one of the best coaches in the state! He deserves the up most respect..

I am alittle bit worried about Refugio's QB though he seams like a absolute beast

Refugio hangs till half, they have some serious talent, but fatigue will hit them hard and they won't have near the depth as Navarro. But first Navarro's gotta get through Marion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
09-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Agree 10 about Marion...Navarro will use this game to fine tune some things..

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Forgot Refugio was on the schedule. Navarro will keep rolling into next week.

Footballfan2000
09-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Refugio has a new QB this year

arges
09-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Navarro tearing up Marion 35-7 end of 1st qtr.

bag-o-chips
09-03-2016, 06:55 AM
Navarro had 5 three play drives the first quarter. Navarro scored on 10 straight offensive possessions and ran out the clock on their 11th. Also returned a punt for a TD. Had more penalty yards than Marion had offense.

The final score in Geronimo: Navarro 76, Marion 7. The Panthers matched their highest point total in school history thanks to 419 rushing yards and 551 total yards. For the Bulldogs, it was a night they will be anxious to put behind them with just 130 total yards. Navarro scored on every series except their last. The Panthers, 2-0, will host Gonzales next week while Marion, 1-1, will welcome Devine to their new stadium.