PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ Lubbock Monterey...

slingshot
08-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Who you got? Monterey is a 6A drop down this year. Just throttled 6A Odessa High and look VERY athletic with good size and outstanding speed. We will have our hands full. If we play like we did against Vernon it will be an ugly loss by a bunch. I do have faith that our defense can play against anyone... I fully expect Coach Sandifer will have the offense working better and hopefully we can give them a game. Not many in West Texas and the Panhandle give us a chance. As a homer I'll pick Wylie in a close one by 3...

jason
08-29-2016, 10:12 AM
what happened vs vernon? figured that one wouldn't be close....
sville is at monterrey in a few weeks as well...

slingshot
08-29-2016, 11:49 AM
what happened vs vernon? figured that one wouldn't be close....
sville is at monterrey in a few weeks as well...Combination of things. Vernon was more like their 2012 team--decent size, very good speed at the skill positions and played hard. Our defense played lights out, offense was completely out of sync and inept for 3 quarters then someone flipped a switch and we looked like the team I thought we'd be in the fourth quarter. Two nice drives for TD's and driving again before downing the ball to run out the clock. We need a lot of work on blocking schemes, timing in the passing game and avoiding unnecessary penalties.

slingshot
09-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Thought I'd resurrect this thread--kinda got buried quickly... paper said today that Monterrey averages 282 lbs across the offensive and defensive lines. They are huge on film, will probably outweigh us 40-50 lbs per man. I'm actually more concerned about their skill position speed--if our D-linemen and LB's can't get off their blocks against those behemoths we will be in for a long night. I do have faith in our coaching staff--Coach Sandifer will have the offense clicking much better than last week and I know Coach Martin will have the defense set up to counter their strengths. Wylie by 3... something like 24-21.

Games like this prepare you for the Argyles and Carthages of the world later on.

toddg
09-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Thought I'd resurrect this thread--kinda got buried quickly... paper said today that Monterrey averages 282 lbs across the offensive and defensive lines. They are huge on film, will probably outweigh us 40-50 lbs per man. I'm actually more concerned about their skill position speed--if our D-linemen and LB's can't get off their blocks against those behemoths we will be in for a long night. I do have faith in our coaching staff--Coach Sandifer will have the offense clicking much better than last week and I know Coach Martin will have the defense set up to counter their strengths. Wylie by 3... something like 24-21.

Games like this prepare you for the Argyles and Carthages of the world later on. we faced similar size and speed last week, we hung tough most of the game with a chance of winning at the end. i think AW has an edge in this one, and it is exactly what you mentioned..coaching! good luck to the BullDawgs!!