PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville vs. Burnet

turbostud
10-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Who would win this game if it happens? Is there somebody out there that has seen both teams play?

3afan
10-29-2003, 09:39 PM
nm

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 09:42 PM
I haven't seen either team play, but if you can tell me how good Burnet's run defense is and how good Gainesville's pass defense is then I can maybe predict something :D

MonkeyJoe
10-29-2003, 10:36 PM
This is way to early to be gettin a prediction on this game...Gainesville has got to have the toughest road to the finals...Lindale, Forney, and Everman...and then Burnet...c'mon those are all great teams....i havent seen burnet play but i hear about them all the time, like everyone else...i think that the Leopards have what it takes to win, but they havent been past the 2nd round in forever so that might play a factor when it comes late in the playoffs..no big game experience...

Burnet Dawgs
10-29-2003, 10:41 PM
I would have to g with Burnet on this one.

Keith7
10-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Leopards by a zillion!!!!!!!

nah i'm just joking.. it would defenintly be a close game.. and i sure as hell hope to get to see it happen

MonkeyJoe
10-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Burnet Dawgs:
I would have to g with Burnet on this one.I wonder why ???

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 10:46 PM
MonkeyJoe:

Burnet Dawgs:
I would have to g with Burnet on this one.I wonder why ???They were talking about the band's halftime performance...

HotDawg89
10-30-2003, 09:31 AM
MonkeyJoe:
but they havent been past the 2nd round in forever so that might play a factor when it comes late in the playoffs..no big game experience...That doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Burnet hadn't really been doing anything until last year. Year before last, we had a great team, and lost to Belleville in I think round 2. So we hadn't had a lot of "big game experience" either. I'd say 2nd in state isn't a bad place to be sitting at the end of the year, with very little big game experience. I hear Gainsville has a tremendous amount of strength this year. I hope they do very well. It would make for an excellent game.

Gobbla... Burnet's run defense is excellent. And we showed last week that even when our passing game is shut down we can run the ball with ease. Gainsville would need to come into this game with a huge defensive plan to cover all angles. You know what? Any team that wants to beat Burnet had better come into a game with us with a huge defensive plan.

3afan
10-30-2003, 09:40 AM
unless you've seen both teams play, probably numerous times, its impossible to accurately say who would win - basically its just a bunch of homer predictions, which it what should be expected

PPHSfan
10-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Keith7:
Leopards by a zillion!!!!!!!

nah i'm just joking.. it would defenintly be a close game.. and i sure as hell hope to get to see it happen.
Some peoples Kids.

rholl
10-30-2003, 09:52 AM
3afan is right...you can compare common opponents and look at all the yearlong statistics you want...but what really matters are the matchups and you can't get a good feel for the matchups unless its on the field. I'm sure Burnet never thought that Everman would rush for 400 yrds in lat yrs game after the playoff schedule Burnet had gone through. But its all about the matchups. Gainesville might matchup well with Burnet if the can rush the passer with 5....sounds like they might have a groundgame....but first they have to earn the right to play in the championship game and looks like they have a tough road.

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 09:54 AM
rholl:
3afan is right...you can compare common opponents and look at all the yearlong statistics you want...but what really matters are the matchups and you can't get a good feel for the matchups unless its on the field. I'm sure Burnet never thought that Everman would rush for 400 yrds in lat yrs game after the playoff schedule Burnet had gone through. But its all about the matchups. Gainesville might matchup well with Burnet if the can rush the passer with 5....sounds like they might have a groundgame....but first they have to earn the right to play in the championship game and looks like they have a tough road.That's the thing that I think is so awesome about Burnet (well, McGee anyway)... I've been hearing about him being rushed like crazy the last few weeks or so and it's so friggan' cool that he has 0 INT's, now that's SCARY!