PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Yoakum 9/2/16

Gobbler Fan
08-28-2016, 01:35 PM
One of the most intense rivalries in the State.The rivalry between Yoakum and Cuero has been around for more than a century making it the oldest small school rivalry in the Texas.

Both Teams sporting Div1 caliber players makes for a great game for the fans to watch. Get there early the stands will be packed.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Ethan Owens adds to rivalry. Went to one played in Victoria in regional semi's couple of years ago and place was packed. Both teams loaded and familiar with each other should be a good one like its been for past few years. Cuero has a dominant front line on defense so will be interesting to see if Yoakum can still get a run game going.

Here is Ethan Owens as a Bulldog this season in his first game http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3652742/57c1a80b11fa7f6ad4a3b3d0

Snotbubbles
08-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Yoakum might not get a first down. Nice shutout Cuero.

Gobbler Fan
08-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Sarcasm noted...You sound butthurt for some reason :spitlol:

speedbump
08-28-2016, 08:31 PM
One of the most intense rivalries in the State.The rivalry between Yoakum and Cuero has been around for more than a century making it the oldest small school rivalry in the Texas.

Both Teams sporting Div1 caliber players makes for a great game for the fans to watch. Get there early the stands will be packed.

I take it El Campo vs Bay City is considered big school?

Pudlugger
08-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Cuero coming off a laugher against powerhouse Kipp Generations a charter school. Yoakum is legit so Cuero will be tested in this game. I'll take Yoakum 'cuzz they always play up in this rivalry game. Bulldogs by 7.

SaltySixes
08-28-2016, 09:17 PM
After playing both teams last year, I would have to say Cuero wins by a landslide!

iFootball
08-28-2016, 10:13 PM

El Campo and Bay City were always larger schools than Cuero and Yoakum. Both El Campo and Bay City were large 4As when Cuero and Yoakum were middle to small 3As. That may not be the case now with both El Campo and Bay City enrollment size but they are still larger than Cuero and Yoakum.

bd62
08-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Snotbubbles is famous for his Sarcasm Gobbler Fan. Upset cus Wimberlity took down his Bears. Lol
I hope it a good game and both teams have no injuries. They both should make good playoff runs in there Divisions
It allways a fun week and the kids for both teams really get after it. Most know each other and some are kin.
Hope both teams keep there heads straight and not have kids throw out of game like last year.
I have a GS on Freshman team and one on JV at Cuero and I am a long time Bulldog supporter and I allways enjoy this game.
I saw Cuero scrimmage Lockhart and Yoakum play Hondo. Both are very talented. This is the strongest and fastest Cuero defense I seen in a very long time. That may be the difference but in this game you can throw out all all you think. Seen many surprises in this rivalry.

bag-o-chips
08-29-2016, 05:50 AM
Cuero by 3 TDs

Gsquared
08-29-2016, 07:57 AM
Ill be in Yoakum for this one, cant wait!!!

speedbump
08-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Cuero should take this one by 20 if they are as advertised. I don't see a real test for them until weeks nine and eleven.

YTBulldogs
08-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Yoakum might not get a first down. Nice shutout Cuero.

Bet we atleast get 1 boogerboy. Point taken by all, Cuero is very talented and should not have trouble here. Just glad they don't run ya'lls slot T Sixes and Bag-o-chips.

Gobbler Fan
08-29-2016, 01:58 PM
You guys are crazy if you think this will be a blowout. I think Cuero will pull it out by a TD 28-21. Yoakum is loaded with talent and Ethan just added to that but Cuero's defense is fast across the line with size 6'4 & 6'3 ends if I read that correctly in the program. Those 2 to go along with our hog mollies at defensive tackle and our quick LB's make it hard for anyone to run the ball. The offense just needs to control the ball and not make mistakes Cuero's defense will do the rest.

Blue42
08-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Funny thing is I'm going to be in Yoakum all week. Have on my Gobblers garb getting looks from the people in town.

Blue42
08-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Wait a minute I am kind of funny looking maybe it's not the clothes maybe it's just me. Now I'm paranoid

bd62
08-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Wait a minute I am kind of funny looking maybe it's not the clothes maybe it's just me. Now I'm paranoid

That's OK Neal they look at everyone funny in Yoakum. Even people they know. Believe me I moved 14 miles from Yoakum in 1971 and I get funny looks. ( YTBulldog the exception). Well it's may not the town my kids give me funny looks all the time. ( Old Age Lol). Glad to see Drew doing good. Hope he makes it injury free this year. I allways wish the best for your wonderful family
Tanner can't stay well but suppose to play in Cuero on JV Thursday. Maybe I see you then. For all you Cuero fans there lots of construction going on around the school and parking will be worse than normal.

bluecat
08-29-2016, 07:04 PM
G you ought to come in early and go by the Shiner brewery and sample some of the locals finest, free of course.

bluecat
08-29-2016, 07:09 PM
This is true, I was born and raised in Yoakum, played on the team and moved to Portland in 93. Most folks look at me funny when I come back for a few days. Hope to retire there in a few years and catchup on some of my old friends. Go Bulldogs!

Blue42
08-29-2016, 10:10 PM
This is true, I was born and raised in Yoakum, played on the team and moved to Portland in 93. Most folks look at me funny when I come back for a few days. Hope to retire there in a few years and catchup on some of my old friends. Go Bulldogs!

Hay got a house in Yoakum ill sell you.

bluecat
08-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Already have one out by Pearl city, born and raised between Turner and SMAM.

Blue42
08-29-2016, 10:22 PM
That's OK Neal they look at everyone funny in Yoakum. Even people they know. Believe me I moved 14 miles from Yoakum in 1971 and I get funny looks. ( YTBulldog the exception). Well it's may not the town my kids give me funny looks all the time. ( Old Age Lol). Glad to see Drew doing good. Hope he makes it injury free this year. I allways wish the best for your wonderful family
Tanner can't stay well but suppose to play in Cuero on JV Thursday. Maybe I see you then. For all you Cuero fans there lots of construction going on around the school and parking will be worse than normal.

Drew is about 20 lbs heavier and a inch or 2 taller than last year when he got hurt still fearless makes you worry as a parent. I will try to make the JV game and meet up with you.
Big question Bob witch side are you going to sit on Friday?

Blue42
08-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Already have one out by Pearl city, born and raised between Turner and SMAM.

Pearl City cool I was raised in a tiny town also Weesatche

bluecat
08-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Aint that the truth, back in the day I was friends with Authur Whittington, Alois Blackwell, Billy Namee, David Hill and others including Slick Williams. All damned good athletes and they dominated the state in their day. Miss those days when coaches could build teams and not worry about some PC bullchit. Still have many relatives in the area including those McElroy boys who I spent my childhood growing up with, mostly on the river.Good Times!

bluecat
08-29-2016, 10:38 PM
My best derrick hand was from weesatche, Red Bird Baker , spent 3 yrs with him offshore.

Old Green
08-29-2016, 10:56 PM
Aint that the truth, back in the day I was friends with Authur Whittington, Alois Blackwell, Billy Namee, David Hill and others including Slick Williams. All damned good athletes and they dominated the state in their day. Miss those days when coaches could build teams and not worry about some PC bullchit. Still have many relatives in the area including those McElroy boys who I spent my childhood growing up with, mostly on the river.Good Times!

I know the McElroy's well. Went to school with them. Old McElroy would let a friend and I put our boat in the river on his place.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

bluecat
08-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Yep good people, when I was young we would hang out in Mr Jims station and Betty & Edward were my 2nd parents. All damned good people.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-30-2016, 01:16 AM
Hey Cuero folks.....don't feel too bad about playing a charter school last week. At least they're an actual school!

You should see who Port Isabel is playing this week. Tomball Christian. A team of homeschool kids. Yes, you read that right. HOME SCHOOLED KIDS!

Gsquared
08-30-2016, 08:15 AM
G you ought to come in early and go by the Shiner brewery and sample some of the locals finest, free of course.

Oh yeah, we are after lunch on Friday. Ive been once but the ole broad that is comin down with me hasn't been :)

44INAROW
08-30-2016, 08:18 AM

wow, we might know each other:hijacktd: SMAM - back in the early 70's - Navasota, Honest John... some of the best times I ever had... used to love that place...

YTBulldogs
08-30-2016, 08:49 AM
Yes, pardon the construction going on over here. The recent rain delayed the opening of the new restrooms/concessions on the visitor side. Long over due. Major construction up on the campus' too. Best place to park will be new paved parking lot on junior high campus (its now the JH front entrance) or on the basketball gym parking lot. Once again, just come early and you'll be fine. Parking at that church (New Life BC) as you turn off 77A. Might be the best place to park to get out quickly.

Once again, welcome. And, I pray for safe travels to all our fine feathered friends from Turkeyland. Let's have another classic game. PS: Feel free to come use the facilities on the home side vs. the outhouse like facilities on the visitor side. Future, you'll have a descent place to go over there.

bd62
08-30-2016, 09:00 AM
Drew is about 20 lbs heavier and a inch or 2 taller than last year when he got hurt still fearless makes you worry as a parent. I will try to make the JV game and meet up with you.
Big question Bob witch side are you going to sit on Friday?

Yoakum side has more seats so I set there . Visitor side could be double the size and Cuero would still fill it. Biggest problem is finding a place to park due to all the construction going on.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2016, 09:05 AM
The 107th meeting. Cuero holds a 68-32-6 record. They warrant our respect.

bd62
08-30-2016, 10:14 AM
The 107th meeting. Cuero holds a 68-32-6 record. They warrant our respect.

You are so right YT. They both are blessed with good athletes and Coaches . I hope it a good clean game and both teams will be better for it Win or Lose. Also hope no injuries on either team cus both have bright future in different divisions.

Blue42
08-31-2016, 10:58 PM
Yoakum side has more seats so I set there . Visitor side could be double the size and Cuero would still fill it. Biggest problem is finding a place to park due to all the construction going on.
Bob your going to get some real bad looks when yelling Go Mean Green from the Yoakum side:cheerl:

Blue42
08-31-2016, 11:02 PM

Hey 44 Marsha Marsha Marsha

44INAROW
08-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Hey 44 Marsha Marsha Marsha

GMTA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bd62
09-01-2016, 03:37 AM
Bob your going to get some real bad looks when yelling Go Mean Green from the Yoakum side:cheerl:

now that would really go over well on Yoakum side. It you hear that from Cuero side run over there and help me Neal. There be trouble brewing.i get funny looks without yelling that.Lol

PurplePop
09-01-2016, 07:53 AM
The cool thing about 4A and 3A is that one or two really good players can singlehandedly keep a team competitive against anyone. Ethan Owens (on both sides of the ball) will keep this close. All go Yoakum upsetting Cuero 21-14.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Cuero is mighty talented. Big, fast and well coached. Will need all hands on deck with Ethan in this one.

PurplePop
09-01-2016, 08:57 AM
No disrespect to Cuero at all. They are loaded as usual and certainly have our number. I just think Cuero will have to go through some growing pains with new QB's kind of like last year. And, Yoakum might not have that issue. Something like that anyway.

Blue42
09-01-2016, 01:00 PM
No disrespect to Cuero at all. They are loaded as usual and certainly have our number. I just think Cuero will have to go through some growing pains with new QB's kind of like last year. And, Yoakum might not have that issue. Something like that anyway.
With all due respect
I disagree completely this is now a veteran team. Last year we struggled early because of the loss of such a dynamic running back that we had the past 4 years. we had two freshman playing in key rolls who's only experience was junior high football. And a quarterback who had not played quarterback before. And a bunch of sophomores who had never played varsity before also. A bunch of injuries early on in the season. I think it was all patched up by the end of the season I think most would have to agree. There's a lot of talent on this year's team and Travis knows how to use it. Old Green and I said about three years ago that this would be the group to watch .

PurplePop
09-01-2016, 01:13 PM
With all due respect
I disagree completely this is now a veteran team. Last year we struggled early because of the loss of such a dynamic running back that we had the past 4 years. we had two freshman playing in key rolls who's only experience was junior high football. And a quarterback who had not played quarterback before. And a bunch of sophomores who had never played varsity before also. A bunch of injuries early on in the season. I think it was all patched up by the end of the season I think most would have to agree. There's a lot of talent on this year's team and Travis knows how to use it. Old Green and I said about three years ago that this would be the group to watch .

I am definitely a believer in Cuero football. Believe me. I'm just making stupid (mostly uninformed) predictions on the DL for fun. But, with inexperienced QB's, you seem to be in a pretty similar situation as last year at this point (I'm sure I just stepped in it again).

YTBulldogs
09-01-2016, 01:23 PM
All I know, at some point, the 6'6" Taylor kid at QB will be lights out. Just hoping it's next week. He and Drew do a good job handling the duties currently. I don't think Cuero #1's have given up a score this year either in 2 scrimmages and the opener.

Gsquared
09-01-2016, 01:28 PM
All I know, at some point, the 6'6" Taylor kid at QB will be lights out. Just hoping it's next week. He and Drew do a good job handling the duties currently. I don't think Cuero #1's have given up a score this year either in 2 scrimmages and the opener.

Dang!!!!

Snotbubbles
09-01-2016, 01:31 PM
I don't think Cuero #1's have given up a score this year either in 2 scrimmages and the opener.

Hope Gob's 2,3 and 4's didn't either against Lockhart, Alice and KIPP.:stirpot:

YTBulldogs
09-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Dang!!!!

Wait till you see this Taylor Gsquared. I think of Vince Young when he takes his turn at the helm.

Gsquared
09-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Wait till you see this Taylor Gsquared. I think of Vince Young when he takes his turn at the helm.
Man, cant wait!

Blue42
09-01-2016, 03:31 PM
I am definitely a believer in Cuero football. Believe me. I'm just making stupid (mostly uninformed) predictions on the DL for fun. But, with inexperienced QB's, you seem to be in a pretty similar situation as last year at this point (I'm sure I just stepped in it again).

Both quarterbacks were baptized last year. Drew played the whole game against Port LaVaca QB and DB when we had 5 two way starters out so that's 10 starters out . Taylor played 3quarters in the Sinton game when Drew was injured and He only had one week to train. I think Sinton And Port LaVaca will brake you in.

PurplePop
09-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Both quarterbacks were baptized last year. Drew played the whole game against Port LaVaca QB and DB when we had 5 two way starters out so that's 10 starters out . Taylor played 3quarters in the Sinton game when Drew was injured and He only had one week to train. I think Sinton And Port LaVaca will brake you in.

More than happy to leave it at that. Good luck tomorrow night. I would love to see that game.

Blue42
09-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Half time JV game Cuero 30 Yoakum 0
Gobblers had 4 TDs called back also

Old Green
09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
JV QB Barta is a good Qb. Future looks bright.

Blue42
09-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Game over ran clock second half JV game
Gobblers 48 Yoakum 0

Old Green
09-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Final
Cuero JV 48
Yoakum JV 0

Cuero Fr. Green 12
Victoria St. Joseph JV 12

Vitoria Fr. west white 24
Cuero Fr. White 8

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2016, 11:41 PM
Is Ethan also playing as a receiver or just being use as a running back offensively in Yoakum?

Should be a close game both looking for deep runs and this game should feel like a playoff game.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Is Ethan also playing as a receiver or just being use as a running back offensively in Yoakum?

Should be a close game both looking for deep runs and this game should feel like a playoff game.

Just RB currently. But, you know he could play any position.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Game over ran clock second half JV game
Gobblers 48 Yoakum 0

Our poor JV. 85% are freshman and we might of had a few 8th graders. Gonna be a long year for these poor kids.

44INAROW
09-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Our poor JV. 85% are freshman and we might of had a few 8th graders. Gonna be a long year for these poor kids.

I was surprised to hear no Freshman team for the Bulldogs - - guess they had low #'s for both and just combined them....

YTBulldogs
09-02-2016, 08:57 AM
I was surprised to hear no Freshman team for the Bulldogs - - guess they had low #'s for both and just combined them....

Many 10th graders on varsity. Freshman class is large, but---they are playing JV schedule.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Change in classification doesn't alter intensity of Cuero-Yoakum rivalry

By Mike Forman (Victoria Advocate)

Rarely does a game with so little at stake mean so much to those involved.

DeWitt County rivals Cuero (1-0) and Yoakum (1-0) square off for the 107th time at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Yoakum's Bulldog Stadium.

The teams are no longer district foes after Yoakum dropped from Class 4A, Division II to Class 3A, Division I in the UIL's reclassification and realignment.

Unlike their second meeting in 2014, it's not a playoff game, but it has the same feel.

"It means a lot more when you play Cuero," said Yoakum junior Hunter Kvinta. "The atmosphere, the crowd size, it just has a different feel to the game.

"The game doesn't mean as much because you're not fighting for a district championship, but it's still Cuero," he added. "You still want to beat Cuero."

The Gobblers have the same attitude about a rivalry they lead 68-32-6.

"It means a lot to us," said Cuero sophomore Keiran Grant. "We know this is the week we've got to play our hardest. We're going to have our fans there and we need to play hard."

Cuero comes into the game ranked No. 8 in the Class 4A state poll after its 63-0 season-opening win over Houston KIPP Generations.

But the Gobblers expect a much stiffer test from Yoakum.

"They're loaded with talent at just about every position," said Cuero coach Travis Reeve. "They've got a lot of speed, they're big up front and they do a good job. They're well coached. They're the type of team you would expect to be highly ranked."

Yoakum struggled at times against Hondo's slot-T offense, but still came away with a 46-28 season-opening win.

Robinson has an idea of what to expect from the Gobblers after facing them last season and from the time he coached at La Vernia.

"Coach Reeve does a great job," Robinson said. "They're pretty athletic. The bloodlines in Cuero are still going. They've got some kids who can still run. I think they're a little more athletic than last year. They don't have the power back, but they look more athletic to me.

"They've still got some big ol' kids who can play. Their defensive line is really impressive. They just look like a Cuero team to me. I've been playing them for 10 years and they always look good getting off the bus."

A number of players from both teams have college offers, which deepens the game's intrigue.

"We're both really talented this year and we both expect big things," Kvinta said. "Anytime you put two big powerhouse teams together, it's going to draw a lot of attention."

The result both teams want is to be 2-0 after the game.

"They are talented young group," Grant said. "I believe we have some weapons as well. We'll see what happens Friday."

44INAROW
09-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Go Mean Green. Safe travels to all

KingRob
09-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Can someone tell KMAC to turn the music off and air the game!!

44INAROW
09-02-2016, 08:19 PM
We can't hear anything for longer than 5 seconds. I think Mr44 is going to have a stroke.

KingRob
09-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Sorry, but that one song was driving me crazy!

Let's Go CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Old Green
09-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Halftime

Cuero 7
Yoakum 0

KingRob
09-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I can"t listen to that one song over and over. Gonna watch Masterchef. Please post updates!!

Let's Go Cuero!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

KingRob
09-02-2016, 09:36 PM
I can't even get the stream....crazy....Officials are nuts....it gonna get ugly.

KingRob
09-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Is it my computer, or has this game been hacked?

Old Green
09-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Final Cuero 14 - Yoakum 7

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2016, 08:27 AM
What an ugly game last night but we know the areas that need work. The defense was as advertised fast and hard to move the ball on but dumb penalties need to stop or its going to bite us on the ass in the future. I think the refs were under the impression that we were there to see them and decided to be the stars of the show but it would have been better if it was called the same on both teams ...I'll stop at that. We Need to work on the offense & playing that other team (Kipp) in 0 week was NOT a good practice and you could tell from the performance last night. There was a lot of emotion in the game and I think that was some of the problem and the score should have been worse but Cuero picked up the W and that's what counts...time to move on to next week and have a great week of practice to get the O on track. Way to keep fighting to pull it out Gobblers.:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
09-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Congrats Cuero. Have a great season.

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2016, 08:46 AM
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2016/sep/03/cuero-holds-off-yoakum-in-107th-version-of-dewitt-/

YOAKUM - Tre Miles could finally exhale when the clock reached 52 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

The Cuero defensive back walked down the sideline after what he thought was an interception return for a touchdown was cut to 6 yards as the result of the Gobblers' 14th penalty.

But it hardly mattered to Miles, who had put the finishing touches on Cuero's 14-7 win over Yoakum before a full house Friday night at Bulldog Stadium.

"We never give up," Miles said. "My brothers beside me, I know they've got my back, and I've got theirs. At the end, we're going to get the job done."

The Gobblers, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A, overcame the humidity, their own mistakes and a determined Yoakum (1-1) defense and improved to 2-0 on the season.

"We're going to get better from this football game," said Cuero coach Travis Reeve. "It certainly wasn't always pretty from the offensive side. This will be a good opportunity to learn what it takes to win. But at the same time, the mark of a good football team is one that can find a way to win even when things don't go your way."

The Gobblers were penalized for 115 yards, turned the ball over twice and didn't score an offensive touchdown until the fourth quarter but still managed to hold off their DeWitt County rivals, who dropped to Class 3A, Division I in the UIL's last reclassification and realignment.

"We really didn't play like ourselves," said Cuero sophomore Jordan Whittington. "Adversity and trash talk, it gets in your mind and you lose focus of what you're supposed to do. Once we got focused on that, we started doing well."

Whittington got the Gobblers on the scoreboard, returning a punt 64 yards for a touchdown with 10:07 left in the first quarter.

But Cuero missed a chance to add to its lead when Yoakum's Tyler Williams recovered a fumble at the Bulldogs 25 in the second quarter.

Yoakum's Jordan Moore thwarted another Cuero drive late in the first half that reached the Bulldogs 7 when he intercepted a pass.

"It sucks losing. It just sucks," Moore said. "But I can't be more proud of these guys that I call my brothers on my team. It was a great one. We came up short, but I feel like we proved a lot of things to a lot of people."

The Bulldogs tied the game with 1 second remaining in the third quarter when quarterback Holden Lauer threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Moore, who caught the ball despite being closely guarded.

"Our kids fought," said Yoakum coach Bo Robinson. "We played good defense tonight. Our young offensive line, they had mistakes and they have that good defensive line over that. But I was pleased with our kids. They played hard and they don't have anything to hang their heads about."

Cuero scored the winning touchdown after Tyler Edwards recovered a Yoakum fumble at the Bulldogs 46 with 3:27 left in the fourth quarter.

Three plays later, Kavian DeRouen ran around the right side for 36-yard touchdown with 2:13 remaining.

"I was just running through my gap and saw the ball and picked it up," Edwards said of the fumble recovery. "I was confident it was time to celebrate."

Yoakum put the Cuero celebration on hold by driving to the Gobblers 34 before Miles ensured Cuero's edge in the rivalry would increase to 69-32-6.

"Our defense played exceptional," Reeve said. "We really put our defense in a bind several times. They never gave in. You win with good defense. Our kids played great and their kids played great on defense. It was a good all-around defensive game."

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2016, 09:06 AM
http://www.hudl.com/video/2/11390/57cabb0b7bddf835187b755b

Old Green
09-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Both teams played there hearts out. Both defense were very stingy against run. Looking forward to great playoff runs from the Dogs & gobblers this year.

bd62
09-03-2016, 09:59 AM
What an ugly game last night but we know the areas that need work. The defense was as advertised fast and hard to move the ball on but dumb penalties need to stop or its going to bite us on the ass in the future. I think the refs were under the impression that we were there to see them and decided to be the stars of the show but it would have been better if it was called the same on both teams ...I'll stop at that. We Need to work on the offense & playing that other team (Kipp) in 0 week was NOT a good practice and you could tell from the performance last night. There was a lot of emotion in the game and I think that was some of the problem and the score should have been worse but Cuero picked up the W and that's what counts...time to move on to next week and have a great week of practice to get the O on track. Way to keep fighting to pull it out Gobblers.:2thumbsup

Agree they should have let the kids play. Of course that early TD called on a Yoakum pass was big. I imagine he called it right but like you said the Refree acted like the show and every one around me commented on it. I give props to Yoakum for battling to the end. Good look to Cuero rest of year. You've better for playing Yoakum and Yoakum will also. For playing Cuero. Hope both get to QF in there divisions