PDA

View Full Version : Bellville @ Bay City

OLE'BULL
08-28-2016, 08:22 AM
After taking an eye opening thumping from Cameron, the Brahmas head to Bay City who is coming off a shut out win over Columbus. Is Bay City turning things around and back to their winning ways of the early 2000's? Do we have any Black Cat posters on here that can shed some light?

Yoe_09
08-28-2016, 01:18 PM
I think Coach Florez (previously OC in Cameron) has them headed in the right direction. His two sons probably both start on varsity at this point and are good athletes. I would anticipate them being batter than lat year's team which Bellville beat, 42-7.

I would still think Bellville should be an overwhelming favorite. Interested to see how it turns out. We have Bay City for homecoming in week 4.

OLE'BULL
08-29-2016, 10:34 AM
I would agree that we should be favored in this one. Getting beat by Cameron was disappointing but not completely unexpected. Nobody likes to lose but I knew they would be tough. I think we got out of that game ALMOST injury free. There are some grumblings that our returning All State MLB may have been banged up and hurt an ankle. Hopefully nothing too serious, he is our leader and the heart of the team. I would imagine we will see some knew faces among the starting 22 this week, and maybe some JV players will get the call up. I would say my/our 3 biggest concerns in order of importance/urgency are 1) Secondary- We got torched and alot of the problems look like missed assignments. Guys were WIDE open all night. 2) Offensive Line- We have a couple solid, experienced hogs but also some rookies. There wasn't alot of running room most of the night and they penetrated our backfield most of the night. 3) Running Back- I think we have 2 solid backs, one of those is outstanding. With our heavy run offense, we need all 3 to be able to tote it when called upon. Rowe and his staff were at the facility all weekend so I am sure the plans are in place to correct the issues. Let's hope they get them fixed in the next 4 days!

Scoop27
08-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Webcast
http://www.yoursoutheasttexas.com/

Scoop27
09-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Think the Brahmas can bounce back with a win over the Cats in a lowscoring game

Scoop27
09-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Bellville 14, Bay City 0- 4th qtr