PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs La Grange @ Waco Midway Friday 9/2 7:30

Pudlugger
08-28-2016, 05:44 AM
Normally I'd feel more confident about the Leopards chances in this game with #1 Argyle but with J.K. Dobbins out with an ankle injury it is a whole different ballgame. The Leps looked pretty salty in their two scrimmages against El Campo and 5a Lockhart and a in a short quarter against Liberty Hill (before the game was canceled because of lightning) without J.K.. That was because of two factors that emerged early this season: 1) We have two backup rbs that would start on many of the other 4a teams but with Dobbins in the mix have played a supporting role. Now they will get their chance and so far look darn good. 2) Coach Kates has developed our offense to take advantage of three fine receivers and a qb with a strong arm in or out of the pocket. The Leps have a strong passing game this year. So the big question in my mind is will this team come out and play at a higher level against a superior opponent and steal a win? It will depend on leadership and team cohesiveness. Dobbins is the kind of person to lead this team even if he is on the sidelines. I will not bet against my team so I'll abstain this week and leave the poll up for the rest of the Downlowers to decide.

duckhunter
08-28-2016, 08:31 AM
What is the status on Dobbins? Anyone hear exactly what kind of injury he has?

Pudlugger
08-28-2016, 09:15 AM
What is the status on Dobbins? Anyone hear exactly what kind of injury he has?

"Just a minor setback" Twiited Dobbins, a simple ankle sprain but he will miss a few games.

lostaussie
08-28-2016, 10:37 AM
The Argylians......big

slingshot
08-28-2016, 11:52 AM
The Argylians......bigThis.

Ville-D
08-28-2016, 01:00 PM
This.

Probably about like Cleburne vs Sville or Decatur vs Pojo last week.... :weeping:

regaleagle
08-28-2016, 02:29 PM
QB Dane Ledford for Argyle is also out with a wrist injury......according to the Denton Record Chronicle. He injured it on that dive for the pylon on Argyle's final scoring drive of the first half. He came out of the locker room with a taped wrist and shoulder brace......the extent of the injury is still unknown today on Sunday. He's is for Argyle like Dobbins is for La Grange, or perhaps even moreso.......the key cog in the wheel to get this team deep in the playoffs. The backup QB's did as well as could be expected for two "green" juniors taking their first snaps at the varsity level....Braden Pruett and Zack Pelton. They each saw plenty of action in the 2nd half versus Lovejoy.

regaleagle
08-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Junior RB Don Williams emerged in the Lovejoy game as Argyle's RB, but there are a group of players that can tote the rock. That huge O-line Argyle has did come together in the 2nd half and opened some holes for Williams to get his 160 yds. The defense will ultimately come together, but it appears the secondary will need more work. The kicking game will also require many more hours of work to bring those teams up to a level of excellence.

regaleagle
08-28-2016, 02:55 PM
From what I've read, Ledford's wrist injury is on his right hand......his throwing hand. Hopefully it is not broken and he will be able to come back soon.

regaleagle
08-28-2016, 03:02 PM
I cracked my ankle bone in a game back in the 70's. My ankle swelled up like a balloon once my shoe was removed and we instantly iced it down. It took almost 2 months to heal......but that was back in the 70's when medical treatment was not nearly as advanced as today. And that was my ankle of my right foot, not a wrist. Dobbins has an ankle injury.....right??? I think those take longer to completely heal because of the weight and cutting factors, but I don't know how quickly it can be done nowadays. I reckon alot faster than two months, LOL.

Pudlugger
08-28-2016, 03:31 PM
I cracked my ankle bone in a game back in the 70's. My ankle swelled up like a balloon once my shoe was removed and we instantly iced it down. It took almost 2 months to heal......but that was back in the 70's when medical treatment was not nearly as advanced as today. And that was my ankle of my right foot, not a wrist. Dobbins has an ankle injury.....right??? I think those take longer to completely heal because of the weight and cutting factors, but I don't know how quickly it can be done nowadays. I reckon alot faster than two months, LOL.

Very sorry to hear of Ledford's injury. It seems both teams got snake bit by injuries this week. It will be interesting to see how these two teams adjust for this game without their marquee players in the game.

It is unfortunate for things to work out this way in one of the best match ups for the Leps sense 2001 when the 3a defending Champions played the defending 4a Champs Bay City in the HEB Classic @ the Alamo Dome.

BTAIM It should be a more balanced game now so I will put up my vote afterall so the Leps will have a little love on the "Low.

As for Dobbins ankle sprain. I hope it is a low sprain which heals in 2 or 3 weeks. A high sprain is worse and takes about 5 to 6 weeks to heal. A broken bone like you suffered can take 6-10 weeks depending on location and severity of the fracture. A small crack in the fibula should heal up in 6 weeks depending on location tendon and ligament damage.

hookandladder
08-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Dobbins is definitely out two to three weeks minimum, no MRI was done yet and will not be done till swelling goes down. Not sure if injury is high or low on ankle, I am betting no Dobbins until District at best but hopefully sooner.

Bosqueville
08-28-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm calling it. A La Grange upset.

Rocket Man
08-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Boy, I sure wish this game was being played on Sat night instead of Fri so I could come watch it.

Roughneck93
08-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Go Leps!

Pudlugger
08-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Dobbins is definitely out two to three weeks minimum, no MRI was done yet and will not be done till swelling goes down. Not sure if injury is high or low on ankle, I am betting no Dobbins until District at best but hopefully sooner.

Yeah that's pretty much my take too. It would not be wise to get him back into the game if his ankle is still healing. It would be 6 weeks until the Gonzales game at the start of district play. He should be ready barring unforeseen issue on the MRI. If the Leps can go 2-2 in pre district I would be satisfied and 3-1 would be outstanding. We have Argyle(without their star qb), La Vernia, Navarro(just beat up Giddings) and Taylor. Then with Bye two weeks off to heal up. That's six weeks to the day he was injured in LH.
Even with a severe sprain he should be ready by then.

Meanwhile I now have even more appreciation for the wisdom of our Coach Kates not playing J.K. in those two scrimmages giving Jerich Haardt plenty of touches with the ball and having the team come together so well without Dobbins in there. It really showed with that 75 yard drive for the only td in the short quarter Friday night with Liberty Hill. Even without Dobbins this team can play competitively against very tough opponents like El Campo and LH.

Scoop27
08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Webcast
http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KBUK

d0tc0m
08-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Any update on Dobbins and Ledford? Hate that for both those kids. Hopefully they both bounce back quickly.

Bosqueville
08-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Just read Argyle QB out 4-6 weeks with broken wrist.

lostaussie
08-29-2016, 07:55 PM

Wow that's too bad. Actually for both teams. Star players on both sides out.

Pudlugger
08-29-2016, 08:35 PM

Very sad that both these outstanding athletes will not get to compete against one another. On the other hand we will get to see which team has the most depth and can make the best adjustments. The Leps have been practicing and scrimmaging since day one without Dobbins getting much if any touches. So it will not be too difficult for them to play without him. Obviously they will miss his incredible playmaking skills but fortunately have two very capable rbs to help carry the load. I was impressed listening to the Argyle game how well their sophomore qb did in the 3rd quarter. Argyle will OK IMO. This game still will bring plenty of excitement do I am looking forward to Friday night.

d0tc0m
08-30-2016, 07:44 AM

Dang. That's just awful. But at least he'll make it back for the better part of districts and the postseason.

Knowing both of these stars are definitely out in this game, I think I'm still going with Argyle. I just think the Eagles have a knack for finding depth and players who can step up in pivotal roles when called upon. They've built/earned that pedigree. With a big and - by the sounds of it - dominant offensive line, and an emerging running back, I think Argyle has what it needs to ease a young quarterback into Ledford's role for the time being. And the Eagles' defense holding 5A Lovejoy down the way they did in the second half last week is worthy of attention. I think the defense and that big offensive line wins the game for Argyle. I like the Eagles by three scores, with one of those coming really late to ice the game. I think the Leopards will keep it close for at least a half and maybe well into the third quarter.

PappaFeelGood
08-30-2016, 11:41 AM
I must admit this will be a tall mountain for the Leps to climb, without Dobbins even taller. I am also sorry to hear about the Eagles QB and bid him a speedy recovery. Friday will determine which team has the better supporting cast. Leps by 1 (28-27) in a close one.

speedbump
08-30-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't think LG can stay with Argyle but playing without Dobbins can only make the Leps tougher to beat down the road. Tough enough to hang a loss on WOS? Folks, that will be the game to see.

Caveman
08-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Lot of rumors. Good source just said bad sprain. They're holding him out this week and then he's back in.

Pudlugger
08-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Argyle has a big O line averaging about 260 going by DCTF. Well guess what? La Grange has some big ole' corn fed boys too. Judging from what I saw last week they are also around 260 and are in great shape with no Dunlaps on them. It's a good thing too 'cause the Leps will be a throwing team again with their re-worked offense sans Dobbins. Senior Qb Siptak looked real impressive Friday on that 75 yard drive against LH(I'm discounting the early interception he threw in traffic). He went 4-1-1 in 6 efforts. It is refreshing to have so many receivers who can make receptions in tight defensive coverage like Ramirez and Cooper did Friday. I'm anxious to see Jericho Haardt #24 carry the football. He has great potential and only a sophomore and now will get the starting role. Go Leps!

d0tc0m
08-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Lot of rumors. Good source just said bad sprain. They're holding him out this week and then he's back in.

Glad to hear it's nothing serious!

Gsquared
08-31-2016, 08:00 AM
From seeing the Argyle/LL game Saturday, I think Argyle will be fine without Ledford in the starting line up. Back up seemed to be able to drive the bus effectively and the O-Line is good enough for that quick RB get in to space.

Aguilafanatico
08-31-2016, 09:20 AM
Glad to hear it's nothing serious!

Upper Body Injury.

Rabid Cougar
08-31-2016, 09:24 AM
Soooo does anyone want to know where to eat ??????

Pudlugger
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Soooo does anyone want to know where to eat ??????

Sure! What do you recommend, Cougar?

Rabid Cougar
08-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Sure! What do you recommend, Cougar?

There are quite a few chain eateries on Hewitt Drive which passes right is front of the stadium. There is also the famous "Georges" (2nd location) there as well as the local favorite Poppa Rollo's Pizza.

There's BJ's Brewhouse at intersection of 84 and Highway.

Numerous local and chain eateries in the Central Texas Marketplace Highway 6 and I-35 (Newk's, Logan Roadhouse, Don Carlos) and Legends Crossing (Chuey's, Heitmillers Steakhouse, Longhorn Steakhouse)

Eateries around the intersection of Valley Mills Drive and I-35

Also have all the eateries around Baylor on I-35

Selection is not so great coming from the south-- Sorry Leopard fans.

From Argyle-----Quick way of getting to the Stadium is to exit I-35 onto Sun Valley Road this exit is south of Highway 6 interchange on south side of Waco. The take SVR to Hewitt Drive and turn right. Cannot miss the stadium down about a mile on the right.

From LaGrange.---- Coming up 77 take Highway 7 West at Chilton to I-35 go north and exit Sun Valley Road. There is a lot of construction on Loop 340 between Highway 77 and I-35

WARNING>>>>> Lots of bridge repair taking place (three lanes down to two lanes.. exits closed off) on I-35 between the Brazos River and New Road Exit. It gets jammed up there very heavily on Friday afternoons.

Eagle Nation
08-31-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks Rabid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne
09-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Going with Argyle by 14

regaleagle
09-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Apparently no more Gage Campbell for Argyle.......family moved back to Glen Rose from what I hear. Didn't see his name on their roster on MaxPreps, but that doesn't mean anything. Does anybody know if he's on the team this year for the Tigers???

Update>>> Looks like his name is appearing on the roster this week now in MaxPreps......#11. Glen Rose has an All-Stater.

toddg
09-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Apparently no more Gage Campbell for Argyle.......family moved back to Glen Rose from what I hear. Didn't see his name on their roster on MaxPreps, but that doesn't mean anything. Does anybody know if he's on the team this year for the Tigers???

Update>>> Looks like his name is appearing on the roster this week now in MaxPreps......#11. Glen Rose has an All-Stater.

GR not very good, will be a culture shock for him football wise.

Rabid Cougar
09-01-2016, 09:29 AM
GR not very good, will be a culture shock for him football wise.

Not facility wise though.

Pudlugger
09-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Game day finally. Leps looking forward to playing this game especially after the game with LH was canceled midway through the first quarter with LG leading 7-0. Both teams will be without their marquee players tonight. The team that has the best depth and adjustments should be favored to win. Coaching and team leadership will be paramount in getting the win. I am optimistic that LG will be prepared and will give the heavy favorite Eagles a good game. I'll remain a homer and take La Grange by 7.

Wayne
09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Headed to Waco! Can't wait for some Eagle Football! Just want to wish safe travels to both teams and a injury free game!

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 07:55 PM
La Grange has the ball now. Argyle fumbled the zoom sweep down at the La Grange 14 as they were driving it down. La Grange recovered and now they are running it, running it, running it. All defense so far at the end of the first.

Argyle 0
La Grange 0

End of first

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 07:57 PM
La Grange at the Eagle 44 now on that 8 yd run by Jericho Hart to start the 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 07:58 PM
First down at the Argyle 37 now, and a late flag right at the tackle. Personal foul Argyle tacks on 15 yds to the Argyle 22 now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Hart picks up only a yard on that one. That was from the I formation out of the shotgun.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Illegal procedure now on the Leopards. 2nd and 14 now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Now La Grange has a delay of game on top of that. 2nd and 19. Swing pass to Hart for no gain. 3rd down now and about 19.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Deep pass to Cooper was way overthrown. 4th down for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:04 PM
In punt formation, but another penalty on La Grange as the Leopards tried to change personnel to late. Now another procedure penalty. 4th and 29 now. Lands at the 6 and bounces straight up in the air and is dead on the 2. Maybe those procedures penalties were just the thing.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Don Williams for Argyle picks up 8 yds out to the 10 on first down. 2nd and 2 now. Casey Harper runs an end around to the 19 yd line for an Eagle first down.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Williams off right tackle for a gain of 6.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Completion over the middle to Chase Estrada for 12 yds on that rocket throw.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Williams picks up 6 more now on that run up the middle.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Misdirection counter run by Williams goes for no gain as La Grange was waiting. 3rd down and 4 now. Fake to Williams as the qb tucks and runs for the first. That was soph. Hayden Clearman at qb.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Clearman picks up another 15 yds now on another keeper.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Williams fumbles the football.....he never got the handle on it and it popped out of his hands onto the ground and bounces right into the hands of a Leopard. Another fumbled handoff to foil another drive by Argyle.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Handoff to Hart on 2nd down for about a yard. 3rd and 8 now for La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Completion to Hart but he's a couple of yds short of the first. 4th down and they try to draw Argyle offsides, but call timeout. Looks like they will punt now. About 2:30 left in the half for Argyle to receive the punt.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Punt formation for La Grange is a short punt with a nice roll down to the Argyle 19.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Argyle will take over on their own 20 as Williams takes it out to the 23. 1:45 left in the half.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Fakes to Williams and a throw down the middle goes off the hands of the receiver......just a little too long.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a really boring game. 4th down Argyle and they will punt. Carter punts it down to the 37 of La Grange. 1:05 left in the half as La Grange has the ball now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:18 PM
QB keeper for a pickup of 5. La Grange has no timeouts left at this point.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:19 PM
La Grange has 4 recievers split out with nobody in the backfield and the qb keeps it for 5 yds and a first down, but he pays the price as Pierce Davies says HELLO.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Screen pass to Hart and he's brought down. There's no time on the clock but the whistle blew. It was a penalty, but Argyle declines it and now its halftime.

Argyle 0
La Grange 0

Halftime

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:26 PM
It's been so long since Argyle went into halftime with a 0-0 score, it seems nobody can remember when this last occurred. Arygle's been behind recently at halftime, but no scoring in the first half is kinda different for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Argyle has the ball to start the 2nd half. 3rd and 11 now on that incompletion by Pruett.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Rolls out to his left and did not throw it. He tucked it and the Leopards got him. Punt down to inside of the 12 yd line......a 53 yd punt for Dillon Carter on that one.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Handoff to Hart for about 5 yds. 2nd and 5 for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Long sustained drives by both teams in the first half. 2nd down is a long pass overthrown. 3rd and 5 for La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Fake it up the middle on the zoom sweep as Sipak is hammered for no gain. Punt formation for the Leopards. Ramirez to punt it. A very high punt drive Dylan Sadler back and he muffs it. La Grange recovers it. A beautiful high punt that was misjudged by Sadler.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Now a pass completion is reversed downfield for a big gain to the Argyle 14. Hart is hit hard at the 15, but gets it to the 12.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Supak keeps it on the fake to Hart and gets it to the Argyle 6. 3rd and about 2 for La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Full house backfield for La Grange and a pitch is fumbled. Argyle gets on it and now we have another turnover in this game.....3 by Argyle and now 2 by La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Completion to Estrada, but a holding penalty on Argyle. Will back them up to the 6 now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Reverse handoff to Williams to the 21 on a 15 yd gain. Now a late flag on the field. Against La Grange personal foul will tack 15 more onto that gain. Now Williams gains another 9 on a quickhitter up the middle.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Injured Leopard on the field.....timeout.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:02 PM
3rd and 2 for Argyle at their own 44 now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Williams off tackle bounces off a tackle and he goes all the way for 56 yds. for an Argyle TD. He went up the middle, cut left and bounced off a tackle and he was gone. Kick is good.

Argyle 7
La Grange 0

Still in the 3rd

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Sadler kicks it into the endzone for a touchback. La Grange will start now on their own 25. 4:42 left in the 3rd qtr.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Hart up the middle for 3 yds. 2nd and 7 for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Fade pass out the right side to Ramirez is almost intercepted by Sadler. 3rd and 7 and La Grange calls a timeout. 3:37 left in the 3rd.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Sipak on 3rd and 7 as he calls his own number and is sacked by Lundy. 4th down for La Grange and they will be forced to punt . Another high spiral to Slater Wright. He runs it back to the 48 yd line.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Argyle in all black tonite including black helmets. Pruett hands it Williams for 5 yds. Pruett throws it down the middle to an open receiver but it's long. 3rd and about 6. Williams hits the hole and gets 9 yds to the Leopard 40 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Williams is hit in the backfield and still gets 4 yds.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Miscommunication in the backfield and Braden Pruett eats it at the LOS. 3rd and long. Pruett hits Chase Estrada at the 32 yd line.....not enough for first down. Argyle will talk it over here on 4th and short.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:17 PM
4th and 2 goes inside handoff to Casey Harper and he is swarmed over by the Leopards for no gain. The Leopards hold and will take over on their own 32 now. Last play of the 3rd qtr. A handoff to Hart and Chase Petter comes up with the football. He just took it away from Hart. And now the officials are saying it's Argyle's ball. End of the 3rd qtr.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:20 PM
5 yds by Williams on1st down to the 35 yd line. 2nd and 5 as Hayden Clearman gives it to Chase Estrada on the zoom sweep for 4 yds. 3 and 1 now for Argyle. Now the snap goes over the head of Clearman and he can only run back and fall on it. It wasn't that high, but this qb is only 5-9. Now Argyle will have to punt from the La Grange 45. Delay of game takes it back to the 49 for the punt. Carter will punt it now.....nobody back for La Grange as it is downed at the 7 yd line.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Sipak keeps it and gets 3 yds before a big hit by Phillips. 2nd and 7 and a handoff to Hart for only a yard. 3rd and 6 for La Grange now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Sipak throws it deep and a flag is down as Julio Ramirez goes up to make that catch. He's 6-2 and the D-back is only 5-10. First down for La Grange at the 38. Hart gets 7 on that run. 2nd and 3 now at the 43.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Hart runs right and is hammered at the marker. 1st and 10 for La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Hart is a soph RB taking over for Dobbins. Snap is dropped and Sipak picks it up and runs for 7 yds.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Hart bounces off a tackler in the backfield and picks up 3 yrds for a first down. From the Leopard 41 now. 8th play of the drive, fakes a handoff and throws incomplete to Cooper off his hands. Sadler on the coverage.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Clock stops at 5:42 with Argyle leading 7-0. A screen pass is broken up on that Argyle defensive jailbreak. 3rd and 10 now for the Leopards and they will call a timeout with 5:36 left.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Important 3rd down coming up.....will probably try to pick up the first down in 2 plays if necessary.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Sipak looking to throw and he's gonna run. He picks up about 8. 4th and 2 at the Argyle 32. Here's a big 4th down play in this game, folks.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Flag down in the defensive backfield as a throw into the flat to Hart for 5 yds and a first down for La Grange. Defensive holding call. Up to the Argyle 23 now.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Handoff to Hart goes for about a yard. 2nd and now and 4:11 left in the game.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
2nd and 9 Sipak throws back across his body down to the 14 for just a yard short of the first down. It was a throw back to the left as the flow went to the right.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
First down at the 13 on the measurement. 3:28 left now. La Grange driving.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Sipak keeps it for no gain. 2nd and 10 for La Grange. 14th play of the drive.....over 7 minutes. Sipak keeps it and stumbles down as he fumbles into the end zone. Argyle recovers it, but he was called down at the 2 yd line.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:36 PM
First down for La Grange. 1st and goal. Hart up the middle as he pushes the ball across the goal. TD La Grange.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Timeout for La Grange. They will go for 2 and now they are trying to figure out what play they will call.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:37 PM
About 1:55 left. Lots of turnovers in this game

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Here it is.....pitches it out on the reverse and it thrown back to Sipak on a trick play for a reception and the two point conversion.

La Grange 8
Argyle 7

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Short kick to Slater Wright as he returns it 15 yds to the Argyle 48. Argyle has 52 yds to get into the endzone with about 1:40 left and Argyle has all their timeouts left.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Screen pass to Don Williams as he breaks it and runs it down to the 35 yd line.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Hayden Clearman, soph qb for Argyle fakes the handoff and hits the hole as he takes it 35 yds for the score. Sadler's kick is good.

Argyle 14
La Grange 8

1:05 left

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:43 PM
That didn't take long.....a good runback on the kickoff, and good screen pass gain, and then the fake and run by the qb.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Pass is complete over the middle to Ramirez out to midfield. No timeouts left for La Grange. The clock was never started on that play.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:46 PM
52 seconds now. Holding in the backfield was not called as Sipak completes it for 11 yds. They say the hold was very obvious. Now a flag is thrown. An Argyle player is shaken up. 5 yd penalty . 1st and 5 at the Argyle 35. Incomplete over the middle

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:47 PM
27 seconds. 2nd and 5.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Sipak under pressure and tucks it and runs to the 29 He spikes the ball to stop the clock. No time is run off the clock

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:48 PM
9 seconds now at the 20.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:49 PM
3rd down.....goes deep in the end zone and Sadler on the coverage to Ramirez incomplete. 4 secs. left.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Last play and 4th down with 4 secs. Argyle calls the timeout.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:50 PM
La Grange needs to score a TD here.

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Here it is.....Sipak throws it up over the middle and it's knocked up into the air......incomplete. Argyle holds and wins this game .

Argyle 14
La Grange 8
Final

regaleagle
09-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Not so boring after all in the 2nd half......great game by both teams and very hard-fought battle. Congrats to the La Grange Leopards on a game well-played and the Argyle Eagles on that last minute 2-play score to take the lead at the end of the game. Then La Grange does not quit and drives it down to the Argyle 23 and tries to score with no timeouts left.

PappaFeelGood
09-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Sounded like a great game. I was listening to the play by play. Congrats to Argyle on the win. Congrats to Leps on what sounded like hard fought never gave up battle.

Pudlugger
09-03-2016, 01:06 AM
Just got back from the long drive home from Waco. It was a real defensive battle both teams had stops inside the red zone and unfortunately they both managed to fumble away good drives. This was the Leps first game and I am very proud of how well they played. Argyle has plenty of talent again this year and will make a deep run perhaps all the way again. LG made the necessary adjustments to move the football sans Dobbins but had too many fumbles and procedure penalties resulting in lost opportunities to score. Hats off to the Eagle defense as they got the stops and patiently waited for their offense to break loose to get on the board finally in the end of the 3rd. On the bright side how 'bout that Jericho Haardt kid? He must have gotten close to a 100 yards rushing tonight. Good luck the rest of the way. Go Leps!

toddg
09-03-2016, 02:04 AM
How often do you get great game synopsis from regaleagle and pudlugger on the same thread?

Wayne
09-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Leopards have no reason to hang their heads. They battled toe to toe with Argyle and for the first time I can remember, held Argyle scoreless in the first half. Leopards Defense is really good and it will take them a long ways. That little running back for the Leopards is pretty salty and will do just fine filling the shoes for the big man while he's out. Great game even with all the turnovers, the Leopards will go deep in the playoffs. Good luck on the rest of your season Leopards.

zebrablue2
09-03-2016, 10:21 AM
How often do you get great game synopsis from regaleagle and pudlugger on the same thread?

Classic!!!