PDA

View Full Version : This 3 A District just took out a Class 4 A Div 1 No. 2 and a Class 4 A Div II No. 7

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2016, 10:26 AM
No. 2 Navasota and No. 7 Bellville Both on the road.

Anybody want to play Cameron and Franklin?

Yoe_09
08-27-2016, 10:34 AM
District was rated as the toughest in the state (all classifications) and I think it was validated in week one. Not only did both of these teams win, but they did so in rather impressive fashion. Can't discount what Rockdale and McGregor did, defeating two teams from what some would consider to be the second toughest district in 3A DI that are expected to be in the playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2016, 10:41 AM
September 9th at Yoe Field.

Bosqueville
08-27-2016, 11:16 AM

I will be there along with Cougar nation!

WOS1
08-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Way more "head scratchers" than just these two, too. Odd opening weekend! Princeton? I thought that was a college in the Ivy league...

Yoe_09
08-27-2016, 11:48 AM

Could be huge. We need to take care of business this next week at Gatesville. Coming off a high @ Bellville and can't look forward to that one since Gatesville is one on the short list that we have actually somewhat struggled with in the past.

navscanmaster
08-28-2016, 07:51 PM
No. 2 Navasota and No. 7 Bellville Both on the road.

Anybody want to play Cameron and Franklin?
I haven't seen any in depth reporting on the game yet but I did see the Rattlers had 4 fourth quarter turnovers. Early in the year but losing the all state and record holding seniors plus head coach and defensive coordinator can't be overlooked. Navasota will probably lose another game or two but I think the program is good enough to still be playoff bound.

OldBison75
08-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Navasota had five or six turnovers in the game with at least two coming in the red zone. However, Franklin had a great running game that ate up the Rattler defense for about 350 yards. Problems can be fixed for the Rattlers, but real big adjustment for a new head coach, defensive coordinator and offensive coaches. We now have four 5A schools in a row with Magnolia West, Waller, Stafford, and Bryan High coming up.