PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville, Brownwood, Graham & Mineral Wells

mwrams
08-27-2016, 05:32 AM
When was the last time you saw Stephenville, Brownwood & Graham all lose....Not to mention Mineral Wells' romp over a usually very good Bridgeport team.

BwdLion73
08-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Last night....

I don't know about Graham or Stephenville but the only thing that really upset me in the Brownwood game were the penaltys. I think we finished with 12 or 14. Two touchdowns called back and a blocked field goal.

Canyon is not a bad team, their QB (senior) threw for around 3000 yards last year and ran for a thousand. They also had two good running backs. I think they were a 10-4 team last year with 7 returning on offense and 7 on defense.

Nobody quit and tongues were hanging out in double overtime.

Congrats to the Rams, enjoy.

CP3Dad
08-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Congrats, it should be a great season for the Rams

Sville
08-27-2016, 10:10 AM
The Sville game went about as I expected from watching the scrimmages. The offense is good, my Jackets put up 598 yards and 40 pts. The Jackets soph RB Krece Nowak had a game with over 150 rushing and over 100 receiving taking a screen pass 85 yards to the house against a Cleburne D that had speed with 8 returning starters. The Jacket OL is a strength this year with much better speed at the skill positions than last year. QB Jones played well also.

The Sville D is young with as many as 8 underclassmen playing with 6 soph's. They struggled with Cleburne's speed and experience (9 returning starters). Some of it was poor pursuit angles and bad tackling. Those are things I expect to get better with experience. I have learned over the years not to get to worked up over the first game or two of the season. I believe we will see a big improvement in week 2 from the Jackets as Springtown comes to the Ville next Friday.

On a side note the Cleburne QB put on a show with over 400 yards rushing and 150 passing accounting for 9 TD's. He is listed in DCTF as having 4.3 speed. He definitely has elite speed and was the fastest player I have seen at the HS level since the Jackets played Mesquite Horn and Jakeem Grant (Red Raider and now Miami Dolphins).

Bosqueville
08-27-2016, 11:14 AM
The Sville game went about as I expected from watching the scrimmages. The offense is good, my Jackets put up 598 yards and 40 pts. The Jackets soph RB Krece Nowak had a game with over 150 rushing and over 100 receiving taking a screen pass 85 yards to the house against a Cleburne D that had speed with 8 returning starters. The Jacket OL is a strength this year with much better speed at the skill positions than last year. QB Jones played well also.

The Sville D is young with as many as 8 underclassmen playing with 6 soph's. They struggled with Cleburne's speed and experience (9 returning starters). Some of it was poor pursuit angles and bad tackling. Those are things I expect to get better with experience. I have learned over the years not to get to worked up over the first game or two of the season. I believe we will see a big improvement in week 2 from the Jackets as Springtown comes to the Ville next Friday.

On a side note the Cleburne QB put on a show with over 400 yards rushing and 150 passing accounting for 9 TD's. He is listed in DCTF as having 4.3 speed. He definitely has elite speed and was the fastest player I have seen at the HS level since the Jackets played Mesquite Horn and Jakeem Grant (Red Raider and now Miami Dolphins).

I agree with you. These first two games will not a season make. The Ville and Bwd will be a tough out by district. Graham not so sure.

5wide
08-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Bridgeport hasn't been "very good" since 2008. Mineral wells was expected to do that.

Ville-D
08-28-2016, 01:05 AM

Good evaluation.

CP3Dad
08-28-2016, 11:28 AM
No disrespect to the Bulls, but I'm betting the gap between Cleburne and Bridgeport is substantial...heck, the gap between Cleburne and most of D2 Schools is substantial...that being said, I do believe the Rams are headed for a huge year. Best of luck.

CP3Dad
08-28-2016, 11:34 AM
As far as Sanger goes, better team with more experience and we played poorly on the road = disaster!!! Hopefully the run of 6 D1 preseason games will provide more experience than injury and prepare us for district play...Go Steers.