08-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Already injured

LOL

Roughneck93
08-25-2016, 09:16 PM
:ack!:

Eagle 1
08-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Romo who? Where's all those Romo lovers now?

d0tc0m
08-25-2016, 11:01 PM
Romo who? Where's all those Romo lovers now?

LOL easy, fellas. By all accounts it's nothing serious, not even an injury. Romo tried to go back in, Garrett said no as a precaution.

Rocket Man
08-26-2016, 12:23 AM
LOL easy, fellas. By all accounts it's nothing serious, not even an injury. Romo tried to go back in, Garrett said no as a precaution.

Nevertheless; no way he lasts 16 games & playoffs!!!!??? Playoffs!!!!!???? Don't talk to me about playoffs!!! Playoffs, huh??????

bobcat1
08-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Romo is so old and fragile now he couldn't even get down quick enough. And the hit wasn't even anything too hard. I do not notice any drop off at all when Dak comes in. Maybe it's time Romo come off the bench if something happens to Dak.

d0tc0m
08-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Romo is so old and fragile now he couldn't even get down quick enough. And the hit wasn't even anything too hard. I do not notice any drop off at all when Dak comes in. Maybe it's time Romo come off the bench if something happens to Dak.

Hahaha, Dak has played a few scrimmages. Don't know if he's ready to be the man, just yet.

greendawg84
08-26-2016, 08:51 AM
As long as he sell them 100.00 shirts Jerry will keep him around ......

coach
08-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Still better than anything Armpit, Texas rolls out there every Sunday.

speedbump
08-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Still better than anything Armpit, Texas rolls out there every Sunday.

I thought dallas was in Texas.

coach
08-26-2016, 10:25 AM
I said Armpit. That is the lesser of the 2 main sports towns in the state.

Eagle 1
08-26-2016, 10:27 AM

This ^

speedbump
08-26-2016, 10:35 AM
I said Armpit. That is the lesser of the 2 main sports towns in the state.

Oh, you mean Houston the one without a crack team.

Emerson1
08-26-2016, 11:00 AM
and typical Romo he was wanting to go back in for a pre-season game only minutes later

briandumith*
08-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Romo is tough I don't care what anyone say. I remember one game he played with a punctured lung.. If you've ever had a punctured lung you could never ever imagine playing in professional football game with one. It feels like you're suffocating and the pain is intense. 10 on a 10 scale...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

coach
08-26-2016, 11:25 AM
and typical Romo he was wanting to go back in for a pre-season game only minutes later

I wouldn't want my QB to have any different mentality than that. A true leader.

Eagle 1
08-26-2016, 01:01 PM
And.....here they come. Lol

Macarthur
08-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Romo is tough I don't care what anyone say. I remember one game he played with a punctured lung.. If you've ever had a punctured lung you could never ever imagine playing in professional football game with one. It feels like you're suffocating and the pain is intense. 10 on a 10 scale...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This.

I"m a Romo lover and I'm not the least bit ashamed. The guy has been a warrior.

Having said that, he is older and there's no doubt his body most likley will not hold out for 16 games. And I'm as happy as anyone that we may have found something in Dak, but let's tap the brakes on him being at Romo level, just yet.

Roughneck93
08-26-2016, 01:56 PM
:D

https://youtu.be/d-soVTWVDEo

bobcat1
08-26-2016, 01:59 PM
“In a weird way I feel good about the fact that – that was probably as tough a hit I took on the back as I have in the last five years,” Romo said. “From that regard, I feel very lucky that it can hold up and you can keep going.” I sure didn't notice that being an explosive hit. Did I miss something?

Macarthur
08-26-2016, 02:25 PM
I sure didn't notice that being an explosive hit. Did I miss something?

No, I would not call it an expolsive hit, but there was a twist that accompanied the hit and put his back in a vulnerable position.

Anyone that has back issues knows that sometimes the smallest thing can trigger an issue that you would never think twice if you didn't have the back issue.

Eagle 1
08-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Lightbulb...bobcat1....need I say more?

I had my doubts when Dallas picked Dak, but when I watched him in the first game I knew we have a leader. The whole offense seems to play for him. If you can't see that your blind.

d0tc0m
08-26-2016, 02:48 PM
I sure didn't notice that being an explosive hit. Did I miss something?

You missed being the person who was hit and able to understand how that hit compared to other hits taken in your NFL career.

bobcat1
08-26-2016, 06:51 PM
You missed being the person who was hit and able to understand how that hit compared to other hits taken in your NFL career.
:doh: Well sure I missed that genius. No need to be a wise ass. I have had 2 back surgeries so I feel for him. I should have said it didn't seem like a big hit to me. As a matter of fact it looked like the defender pulled up a little. Go back to wondering about scrimmages, would ya?

bobcat1
08-26-2016, 06:53 PM
No, I would not call it an expolsive hit, but there was a twist that accompanied the hit and put his back in a vulnerable position.

Anyone that has back issues knows that sometimes the smallest thing can trigger an issue that you would never think twice if you didn't have the back issue.I get it Mac and I've had 2 back surgeries. I've watched the video several times and wonder if the fact he didn't see it coming was a shock to him and scared him worse than it hurt him.

Macarthur
08-27-2016, 11:19 AM
I get it Mac and I've had 2 back surgeries. I've watched the video several times and wonder if the fact he didn't see it coming was a shock to him and scared him worse than it hurt him.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think (and he even said) he felt a burn and it surprised him and I think it did scare him. Once he got back to the sideline and regrouped, he realized it wasn't as bad a hit as he thought.

Macarthur
08-27-2016, 11:20 AM
To me, what would be the most telling is how he felt the next day. Of course, we probably would not get an honest answer on that, but is some thing like that going to affect his preperation for the next week?

Roughneck93
08-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Broken bone in his back...wow.

Roughneck93
08-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Reportedly out 6-10 weeks.

Roughneck93
08-27-2016, 01:56 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-mri-reveals-broken-bone-in-back-out-6-10-weeks/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Macarthur
08-27-2016, 02:00 PM
wow.

Eagle 1
08-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Well that settles that.
Looks like Dak is the man.

CP3Dad
08-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Not even Romo can save us from this defense...let the kid play and find out whatcha got.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Hahahaha called it. I told my best friend about 2 weeks ago that romo was gonna break his back this season and end his career

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Best fragile QB of all time LOL

Macarthur
08-27-2016, 02:38 PM

you getting a good laugh out of what could possibly end someone's career?

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 02:39 PM

Yeah, pretty much

Eagle 1
08-27-2016, 02:56 PM
It's time to move forward. Just like any other player in the NFL, Romo knew the risk of playing. Sooner or later He needs to start thinking of his health after football.
Personally I'm ready.

Aguilafanatico
08-27-2016, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Macarthur;1900603]you getting a good laugh out of what could possibly end someone's career?[/QUOTE

Seriously. Wow.

Macarthur
08-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Me? You think a back fracture to some one w back problems is funny?

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM
LOL, what's even more funny is romosexuals getting their panties in a wad. tony homo is already in mid season form

Aguilafanatico
08-27-2016, 04:18 PM
Me? You think a back fracture to some one w back problems is funny?

Agree with you. Not funny. No matter who you pull for. Classless to take humor in football injuries at any level, to any player. There is a code.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Agree with you. Not funny. No matter who you pull for. Classless to take humor in football injuries at any level, to any player. There is a code.

Lol, I'm sure his millions of dollars will soothe the pain. The Cowboys suck

bobcat1
08-27-2016, 04:43 PM

Remind who plays QB for Houston??

bobcat1
08-27-2016, 04:45 PM
LOL, what's even more funny is romosexuals getting their panties in a wad. tony homo is already in mid season form

Agree with you. Not funny. No matter who you pull for. Classless to take humor in football injuries at any level, to any player. There is a code.Right there with both of you. At first I thought it wasn't that bad of a hit and it scared him. But now I think different. I wish him all the best. He is going to make a great offensive coordinator. I think it is time to think about his future though.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Remind who plays QB for Houston??

A more proper comparison would be Arian foster, the great at times but extremely fragile RB the Texans cut

bobcat1
08-27-2016, 09:16 PM
A more proper comparison would be Arian foster, the great at times but extremely fragile RB the Texans cut

The point was who knows who will be QB in Houston? No one. Quarterback graveyard nearly as bad as Cleveland.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Wow, I listen to it on radio on Thursday after a sub varsity game on drive back home and radio guys said it was nothing that they got report if it was a real game he would of gone back out there.

Been hearing a lot about the backup in talk radio shows, has he been that impressive? Have yet to see a cowboys preseason game or highlight.

bobcat1
08-28-2016, 08:04 AM
From what I have seen so far SFA, Dak Prescott has outplayed Romo although we didn't see that much of Romo in the preseason. We have not had a QB this caliber since Romo came in. I see a bright future for Dak. He does not look like a rookie at all.

slingshot
08-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I guess being in the medical business gives me a different viewpoint but... laughing and making fun of someone who just suffered an excruciating and possible career ending injury (no matter how much $$$ he has or who he plays for) seems utterly classless. Suspect you have never had a serious injury or health concern, if so you would have a very different attitude.

Emerson1
08-29-2016, 09:38 AM
After all these years people are still feeding the saggy troll?

Remember this is a product of a fanbase that cheered when Colt McCoy had to be carted off the field.

Eagle 1
08-29-2016, 09:54 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2dr819d.jpg

coach
08-29-2016, 10:18 AM

He doesn't have anything else. His Astros suck something awful and DFW sports dominates all of houston.

pancho villa
08-29-2016, 11:10 AM
I guess being in the medical business gives me a different viewpoint but... laughing and making fun of someone who just suffered an excruciating and possible career ending injury (no matter how much $$$ he has or who he plays for) seems utterly classless. Suspect you have never had a serious injury or health concern, if so you would have a very different attitude.

You would have to of played a sport to get injured. Which he never did. Just saying!

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2016, 10:07 PM
Lol, the Arlington cheerleaders are out in full force

Macarthur
08-30-2016, 05:19 PM
He doesn't have anything else. His Astros suck something awful and DFW sports dominates all of houston.

I do find it comical how much headspace DFW teams occupy in the typical Houston sports fan. It's pretty pathetic as evidenced by this thread.

Eagle 1
08-31-2016, 11:05 AM
So a hypothetical question.
If the Cowboys are undefeated or maybe just one loss with Dak as the qb when Romo's back heals again, do you start Romo ahead of Dak?

slingshot
08-31-2016, 12:00 PM
No. Period.

d0tc0m
08-31-2016, 12:16 PM
If the Cowboys are undefeated or maybe just one loss with Dak as the qb when Romo's back heals again, do you start Romo ahead of Dak?

Yes.

Rocket Man
08-31-2016, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't.

Macarthur
08-31-2016, 01:44 PM

There are a lot of variables involved here. What if Dak is basically playing at a bus driver level and the running game is great and the defense is much better than expected. Say, they've been pretty fortunate to win a couple of the games, etc.

In that situation, I think you have go back with Romo.

If Dak is playing great and the team is winning, and it's clear that he's actually making plays that equate to wins, I would roll with Dak.

Eagle 1
08-31-2016, 05:40 PM
I think Dak has proved he can lead the team, but we will know for sure soon enough.
For now the Cowboys have to decide if they are going to put him on injured reserve or not.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/08/31/cowboys-still-weighing-their-options-regard-romos-roster-spot?sf34807867=1

Macarthur
08-31-2016, 09:46 PM
I think Dak has proved he can lead the team, but we will know for sure soon enough.
For now the Cowboys have to decide if they are going to put him on injured reserve or not.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/08/31/cowboys-still-weighing-their-options-regard-romos-roster-spot?sf34807867=1

It's been promising but I don't think he's proved anything yet.

I'm reading that folks are using the 4-6 weeks time frame more and more.

hookandladder
09-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Looks like Romo is done, If true welcome back Cowboy fans. Thank God, LOL.

waterboy
09-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Wow. I can't believe someone would actually cheer, or make fun when somebody gets seriously injured. I don't care how much I hate a team, or even a person, I don't wish them serious injury.

With that said, I had already been talking about Romo getting injured again with some friends before this happened. I had said that any serious injury would likely result in his retirement at the end of the season. I think that's likely now. Does he play when he does get healthy again? Like somebody already mentioned, it depends on how the team is doing with Dak (barring injury to him) at the helm. I think it'll be one of those situations where Romo himself would step aside if the team is winning and be Dak's backup, retiring at the end of the season. I was actually telling an associate that Romo would probably retire after the 2016 season anyway.

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Wow. I can't believe someone would actually cheer, or make fun when somebody gets seriously injured. I don't care how much I hate a team, or even a person, I don't wish them serious injury.

With that said, I had already been talking about Romo getting injured again with some friends before this happened. I had said that any serious injury would likely result in his retirement at the end of the season. I think that's likely now. Does he play when he does get healthy again? Like somebody already mentioned, it depends on how the team is doing with Dak (barring injury to him) at the helm. I think it'll be one of those situations where Romo himself would step aside if the team is winning and be Dak's backup, retiring at the end of the season. I was actually telling an associate that Romo would probably retire after the 2016 season anyway.

That's all entirely possible. But based on all accounts, Romo is much too competitive to do any of that. Maybe he's smart enough to, but often times that competitive voice outweighs the voice of reason.

waterboy
09-01-2016, 10:24 AM
That's all entirely possible. But based on all accounts, Romo is much too competitive to do any of that. Maybe he's smart enough to, but often times that competitive voice outweighs the voice of reason.

No doubt he is a competitor, and I wouldn't doubt one bit that he "wants" to come back. Nobody wants to end their career with an injury or regrets. You only have to think of what Brett Favre did to see that as possible.

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
GD the cowgirls suck

Macarthur
09-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Congrats! Enjoy that governors cup or whatever the F it's called.

d0tc0m
09-02-2016, 08:02 AM
GD the cowgirls suck

I think they have the same record as everyone else in the league right now.

coach
09-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Never known anyone to brag about a pre season win. Doesn't surprise me that saggy is though. Afterall, as a Houston sports fan I would take any win I could against a DFW team. They come few and far between.

Macarthur
09-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Never known anyone to brag about a pre season win. Doesn't surprise me that saggy is though. Afterall, as a Houston sports fan I would take any win I could against a DFW team. They come few and far between.

ouch.

Saggy Aggie
09-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Who said i was talking about preseason? The cowpies suck in general.