PDA

View Full Version : Information for Llano

Scoop27
08-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know much about Llano as far as places to eat-We already have a motel (Best Western) to stay at- We will be there Sept 10 to hear a concert at the old Theater by Sylvia who was a big country singer in the 1980s. I was a member of her fan club and always got back stage passes to visit her. We will make a mini vacation out of it and go to Luckenbach on Sunday and stay in Fredericksburg

ronwx5x
08-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know much about Llano as far as places to eat-We already have a motel (Best Western) to stay at- We will be there Sept 10 to hear a concert at the old Theater by Sylvia who was a big country singer in the 1980s. I was a member of her fan club and always got back stage passes to visit her. We will make a mini vacation out of it and go to Luckenbach on Sunday and stay in Fredericksburg

Cooper's BBQ.

Tejastrue
08-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Not much at all in Llano. Stonewall's is okay serving burgers, pizza, wings etc..

zebrablue2
08-22-2016, 10:06 PM

Always love me some Luckenbach!!!

slingshot
08-23-2016, 12:03 AM
Cooper's BBQ.Second.

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2016, 06:47 AM
Cooper's BBQ.

One of the best in Texas

greendawg84
08-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Burger Bar has the best cfs around these parts . It for sure is not the most upscale place , but the food is good . Cooper's , you better get there early and bring a bunch of $$$$ . There is also a brick oven pizza place on the north side of the bridge that is supposed to be good . Other than that , not much there . Tamale King is really good in Fuzzy's Corner ( bout 15 miles towards Burnet ) , they have good Mexican Food and adult beverages to suit your needs . You might even run across ole CAM there , that's his stomping grounds .

rb585
08-23-2016, 09:13 PM
I honestly can't believe someone asked this question.

Cooper's BBQ.

10ForTheWin
08-24-2016, 02:07 AM
Having the ranch near llano, I have spent more then a bit of time in the town. Coopers, is extremely overrated and over priced. Stonewall has some great pizza, but the service is lacking. The Hungry Hunter( 702 W Young St, Llano, TX 78643 ) has turned into a family favorite, good burgers, and a great chicken fried steak, shoot it even is BYOB, unless that has changed recently, and is about 5 minutes from the stadium.

slingshot
08-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Only reason Cooper's is 'overpriced' is that most people's eyes are bigger than their stomach... you walk up to the pit and pick out any kind and as much 'Q as you want--and you'll want it all. i usually end up spending about $20-25 there but ALWAYS have more than I can eat and take home enough for another meal. Overrated? Not IMO--been eating there since the 70's, food is the still the same and the BBQ is the best around--nothing fancy, just fall off the bone tender and very tasty. Try to eat there every time we pass through...

Bosqueville
08-24-2016, 09:55 AM
Only reason Cooper's is 'overpriced' is that most people's eyes are bigger than their stomach... you walk up to the pit and pick out any kind and as much 'Q as you want--and you'll want it all. i usually end up spending about $20-25 there but ALWAYS have more than I can eat and take home enough for another meal. Overrated? Not IMO--been eating there since the 70's, food is the still the same and the BBQ is the best around--nothing fancy, just fall off the bone tender and very tasty. Try to eat there every time we pass through...

Our family loves it as we pass through about once a year going to Fredericksburg. If if you don't want to spend a lot of $ then opt for a sandwich.