www.kulpradio.com

Scoop27
08-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Had this threat started already

speedbump
08-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Big test for the Ricebirds to kick off the season
www.kulpradio.com

I tried to start one with a poll but didn't work.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2016, 08:34 PM
scoop don't forget the poll in the game threads.

GP most likely not up to par for this game right now, they'll most likely be a lot better later in the season.

Rockport Fulton beat them 2-0 last week in their scrimmage.

saw GP 7 on 7 in Sinton league, had one very tall receiver but timing between qb and receivers just wasn't there and they struggle with pass teams from Odem and Sinton.

Think they have a transfer qb now in there.

RkptFltn
08-25-2016, 01:31 PM
I was at the GP vs Rockport scrimmage. It was ugly.

The only play they gained any yardage on was a direct snap to the halfback. I know they did spring ball so they started 2 a days later than us 4a schools. Maybe that affected them. Rockport has 3 sophomores on the O-line, and they were consistently pushing the line back.

Also there is no timing when it comes to the qb/wrs, Gp has some size on the outside, but no clue how to use it.

Yoe_09
08-25-2016, 02:13 PM
I was at the GP vs Rockport scrimmage. It was ugly.

The only play they gained any yardage on was a direct snap to the halfback. I know they did spring ball so they started 2 a days later than us 4a schools. Maybe that affected them. Rockport has 3 sophomores on the O-line, and they were consistently pushing the line back.

Also there is no timing when it comes to the qb/wrs, Gp has some size on the outside, but no clue how to use it.

The turn around in Cameron came the second to last week of the 2009 season when we beat Navasota. The people in GP are really excited about having him, but they are going to have to be patient. GP is not Cameron. It is probably going to take some time to get everything rolling in the right direction.

speedbump
08-25-2016, 03:55 PM
The turn around in Cameron came the second to last week of the 2009 season when we beat Navasota. The people in GP are really excited about having him, but they are going to have to be patient. GP is not Cameron. It is probably going to take some time to get everything rolling in the right direction.

Yea moving up two is probably harder for a coach than going down as TJ Mills found out.

bluecat
08-26-2016, 08:32 AM
GP"s starting RB and the best linemen were in street clothes, new 6-3 295 defensive linemen is just now clearing UIL paperwork and may play tonite. Rhoades in his single scrimmage wasnt going to waste it. He had many different kids to look at and they barely used 3-4 different plays. No one in GP is worried about the outcome of a scrimmage.

Yoe_09
08-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Yea moving up two is probably harder for a coach than going down as TJ Mills found out.

He had success at the 4A (now 5A level) with New Braunfels. Did take them to a state championship game before moving on as a d-coordinator and then to Cameron where everything really exploded.

bluecat
08-26-2016, 09:13 AM
He had success at the 4A (now 5A level) with New Braunfels. Did take them to a state championship game before moving on as a d-coordinator and then to Cameron where everything really exploded.

There is no mmiconception about the team. GP graduated 33 seniors last fall, new coach new offense and many kids playing positions that are new to them. Its going to take some time before we see serious improvement. We know that, but improvement is coming, hopefully before when it counts, district play.

Weebe
08-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Blowout 59-10 in the 4th. Kind of ugly.