PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Dawgs are on schedule, the storm is coming again in 2016

cowboyandchrist
08-20-2016, 03:13 PM
The first two scrimmages, one against a very good Pitt team and a legit 5 A Marshall.
The Dawg offense is going to be lighting up the score board with the run and the pass. The defense is not as big up front as in the past, but very fast and hit with a passion. The Dawg D first team held both teams to 0 scores and the offense scored on both pass and run. I think they are ahead of schedule and will only get better by the time district starts. This year our district will be a dog fight every Friday night. Kilgore and Henderson are for real this year. Center moving up to D1 has one of the best QB in East Texas and two 6' 3"receivers that can run. I don't know much about Chapel Hill and Bullard as of today. I am ready for some Dawg football. Coach S will have all the pieces in place and barring injuries like we had last year I see a run for the title. We are a well balanced team this year, if you try and stop the run we will throw the ball and if you try and take away the pass our all world tailback will run. Another very good O line will make holes and protect the QB. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Aggie98
08-20-2016, 07:37 PM
It wouldn't be HS football season without Cowboy and his "storm" talk. Seriously though.... this Kilgore fan has nothing but respect for the Carthage program. Hope you guys and the entire district stays healthy this year so we can see some classics in Oct, Nov, and Dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slingshot
08-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Last few 'Storms' have kinda fizzled out... :1popcorn:

...sorry cowboy, couldn't resist! :p

cowboyandchrist
08-21-2016, 08:58 AM
I love the posters on here because they excuse my homerism. Glad the season has finally made here. This year will be exciting. I truly believe there are 10 maybe 12 teams with a shot at the title. I believe my Dawgs will be one of them even though I just received word we lost two of our studs to transfer. A wide receiver and linebacker. We did get a darn good move in at linebacker, but those two will be missed. Let's Go Dawgs!!! I pray that all teams play hard and no injuries. God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

buckeyebob
08-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Don't get too excited...gotta get your Saturday Night Buttox Beating Sept. 17th...then you may carry on.

cowboyandchrist
08-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Don't get too excited...gotta get your Saturday Night Buttox Beating Sept. 17th...then you may carry on.

The Dawgs will even the series this year. It will be just like all games between these two very close. I say my Dawgs 35 Gilmer 31.

Dawgs
08-23-2016, 07:07 PM

That could be. Niether team will bring out the big guns. And Gilmer is a better team than Carthage early in the season almost every year. Dawgs don't even start rolling until week 8. Them Bucks come out firing early. Still will be a could test for both teams. I just wish we were in the same division and region. Think about those playoff battles.

Dawgs
08-23-2016, 07:15 PM
I have a funny feeling about our QB. For some reason I think he has "it". I'll wait and see. Carthage will be good late like always, but how good we will have to wait and see. I just want a healthy year. We haven't had one in 2 years.

buckeyebob
08-23-2016, 09:55 PM
We see Liberty Eylau tomorrow night...Bux looked good against Kilgore & Hennason in uncontrolled scrimmage (hit 'em hard & fast with no huddle. Didn't play veterans. New Junior QB did very well with balanced attack. We are ready early & tends to get LE's hands on their hips.
Another new year with a tough schedule, accept for Gladewater (no, it is not too early to smack on the Bears).

cowboyandchrist
08-27-2016, 07:43 AM
The New QB for the Dawgs watched and learned from being theback up last year. Last night in just one quarter and 2 minutes into the second quarter (game called due to lights going out) he was 8 of 9 for 135 yards and two touchdowns against Gladewater. The game ended Dawgs 14 Gladewater 10. The Dawgs look better than last year, but have work to do. Gladewater will be very good if they can improve the passing game. The QB scored on a 64 yard run, but after that the Dawg D made it tuff to move the ball. Glade kicked a 27 yard field goal right before the lights went out. Dawgs get the win. Both coaches agreed not to finish game because it was a non district game and held no importance. Dawgs are on schedule. Great first game and know what they need to work on. The Dawgs have many frisbee catching Dawgs. They made some amazing catch and runs. QB put the ball on the money. Let's Go Dawgs!!!! God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

lostaussie
08-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Dawgs get the win.
I believe it's ruled NO GAME and both teams record is 0-0

regaleagle
08-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Sometimes you get what you ask for........like a coming storm, hahaha. It may have come very early this season.....like in Week 1, LOL.

Dawgs
08-27-2016, 02:29 PM
I believe it's ruled NO GAME and both teams record is 0-0

Correct. The QB for GW broke a long run on a good play, but after that Carthage did a good job stopping the run. That was important to see, cause we struggled with stopping the run last year. Our secondary is going to be one of the best in the area. Carthage QB good...Real good. This team is gonna be fun. They will bring the hat on D, and are going to be hard to stop by the time the playoffs roll around. Remember a name: Roderic Calloway - WR. He is about to be a star. On the downside we have had 2 scrimmages and 1 game and haven't completed 1 yet. Carthage is slow to start anyway, and this ain't helping. With a tough 3 weeks coming up, we will just have to see what happens.

buckeyebob
08-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Sometimes you get what you ask for........like a coming storm, hahaha. It may have come very early this season.....like in Week 1, LOL.

Not only did Gladewater have the storm (kickoff @ 9PM), the lights went out just before the half (main station blew up & knock out electricity for all of north Gladewater but also Union Grove...Larry & I head back to Gilmer

buckeyebob
08-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Correct. The QB for GW broke a long run on a good play, but after that Carthage did a good job stopping the run. That was important to see, cause we struggled with stopping the run last year. Our secondary is going to be one of the best in the area. Carthage QB good...Real good. This team is gonna be fun. They will bring the hat on D, and are going to be hard to stop by the time the playoffs roll around. Remember a name: Roderic Calloway - WR. He is about to be a star. On the downside we have had 2 scrimmages and 1 game and haven't completed 1 yet. Carthage is slow to start anyway, and this ain't helping. With a tough 3 weeks coming up, we will just have to see what happens.

Better have a good secondary...QB threw for 576 yds, 38 of 49, & 6 TD's to 11 receivers (& ran for 1 TD)

cowboyandchrist
08-28-2016, 07:47 AM
Buckeye Bob your Buckeyes had a great night against L E defense, but sounds like your defense got lit up. The Dawgs are good on both sides of the ball. I don't know if my Dawgs will beat L E this week, but I like how we are coming along. Our Q B can spin it and the receivers are make unbelievable catches. Once they make the catch, they can take it to the house. Our O line did a great job to be so young. Once coach S S gets all the pieces of the puzzle in place and every team member running like a well oiled machine, this team can make a run. L E will makes us better. I have a good feeling this Dawg team is going to be very special barring the injury bug. Oh by the way Dawg, help keep me grounded, you know how carried away I can get. Let's Go Dawgs!!!! The storm has started, it will stay in the east for the next 9 weeks, but will start moving to other parts of the state. God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

buckeyebob
08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Our defense was not up to par at times...but you get the passing game going & it became a rodeo...LE has got some runners...big, strong, & fast...Dwight Smith'is...I am sure the Defense will be working hard this week...got Center for Homecoming...one of three homers for the year.

It will be interesting to see how the Dawgs stack up to LE...surprised me that GW came at you that hard.

I have watched our new Jr. QB for the last three years...QB'd the JV last year to an undefeated season...I knew he was good but this was his first Varsity & against LE...I was fully expecting some fumbles, sacks, interceptions (35-47-0), typical butterfly thingy.

Good luck & we will see ya in a couple of weeks.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Buckeye bob, Gladewater has got a powerful running game. They have two backs and the QB can motor. They will be hard to beat if they get a passing game. They played us hard, the hitting was heard up in the stands. I am glad both teams came out injury free. We only played 1 and 1/2 quarters but it was slobber knocking on both sides.

buckeyebob
08-29-2016, 09:05 PM
My running buddy & I made it there @ 7, parked on the flat grass of Visitor side facing south in my pick-up...we just couldn't her well (old will do it to you)...stayed 10 min after the lights gave up & went home...G'water surprised me hitting the Dawgs in the cops right off the bat...LE is got some backs that are real beasts...can pull the train after being hit...they didn't have a passing...we stacked the box, ran wide open...they were toast in the 3rd & burnt in the 4th.

With the balanced team that Carthage has, Dawgs can take 'em...but it is week 2 & my question...will they take control?

Center is at homecoming for us...glad I'm not driving

cowboyandchrist
09-02-2016, 11:01 PM
The Dawgs played three great quarters running and throwing the ball equally well. LE caught fire in the 3rd quarter and scored three touch downs, but the Dawgs came right back with Ingram two runs of 11 yards and 40 yards to put the game away 34 to 20. The Dawgs built a 28 to 0 lead in the 3rd and looked like they had a let down, but caught fire in the fourth again. Held LE on fourth down and ran the ball down the field for the final score. This Dawg team is very special. When Coach S gets this machine tuned up and hitting on all cylinders, Whoa Nelly, it is going to be fun to watch. Lets Go Dawgs!!!! God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Dawgs
09-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Carthage holds LE to 2 1st downs and zero points in the 1st half. LE ends up with 137 yards rushing after putting 400 on Gilmo. Dawgs defense and run game is going to win us a bunch of games in the playoffs. Don't know if any team can stop Carthage with a 2 TE set with a lead blocker in the backfield. Ingram going to be special. Ran for 177 last night on 20 carriers. When we needed it Surratt put it in his hands to end it. Carthage good. How good they will be by about week 12 is still an unknown.

speedbump
09-03-2016, 12:21 PM
:wave:

WOS1
09-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Carthage holds LE to 2 1st downs and zero points in the 1st half. LE ends up with 137 yards rushing after putting 400 on Gilmo. Dawgs defense and run game is going to win us a bunch of games in the playoffs. Don't know if any team can stop Carthage with a 2 TE set with a lead blocker in the backfield. Ingram going to be special. Ran for 177 last night on 20 carriers. When we needed it Surratt put it in his hands to end it. Carthage good. How good they will be by about week 12 is still an unknown.

I sure wish Carthage and the Mustangs could line it up this year!!

buckeyebob
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Cowboy...you may be in trouble...50 unanswered points against Center

Dawgs
09-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Cowboy...you may be in trouble...50 unanswered points against Center

Lol. He said Center. Gilmo and Carthage will have their time in 2 weeks. Just be patient. But I can 100% guarantee nobody is scoring 50 in that game.

Dawgs
09-03-2016, 06:35 PM
I sure wish Carthage and the Mustangs could line it up this year!!
Man WOS is playing ball right now. I would love to see that matchup as well. But only in 3-4 round of the playoffs. Carthage is good, but we would need to hit another gear to keep up with WOS right now IMO. I think most years it would be a good game. 2 teams that play a physical brand of football. I'm pulling for WOS this season. I like the brand of football they play. Although there is a lot of excitement with the Dawgs this year we still need to wait a little longer. I don't know how good LE is. We got an undeafeted 5a Whitehouse this week, and the Bucks next week. Then we will line it up with Kilgore and Henderson. We should now how good we are after that.

WOS1
09-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Man WOS is playing ball right now. I would love to see that matchup as well. But only in 3-4 round of the playoffs. Carthage is good, but we would need to hit another gear to keep up with WOS right now IMO. I think most years it would be a good game. 2 teams that play a physical brand of football. I'm pulling for WOS this season. I like the brand of football they play. Although there is a lot of excitement with the Dawgs this year we still need to wait a little longer. I don't know how good LE is. We got an undeafeted 5a Whitehouse this week, and the Bucks next week. Then we will line it up with Kilgore and Henderson. We should now how good we are after that.

No doubt. That schedule will tell ya what you're made of, lol.

cowboyandchrist
09-07-2016, 10:43 AM
We have undefeated 5A whitehouse this Friday night. I believe the balance the Dawgs have with the run and pass will win this game by two touchdowns. The Dawg D is for real, they stop the run and pass very well. It is way to early to tell how this Dawg team stacks up against the Dawgs of the past, but they appear to be something very special. I truly believe we have one of the best running backs in the entire state and some frizzbee catching Dawgs that can score on any catch. Let's Go Dawgs!!! God Bless Coaches, players, and fans.

Dawgs
09-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Where are we at Cowboy? Has the thunder and lightening started or is it still just raining?

cowboyandchrist
09-21-2016, 08:44 PM
The storm is starting to form in East Texas. The Dawgs have improved each week, they beat a high powered offense in Gilmer with a hard hitting Defese. The D backs never let Gilmer get behind them and when they caught the ball they got lit up. The Dawg O line is starting jell, the offense had 500 yards. Almost even running and throwing. They have two weeks to prepare for one of the top 4A D1 teams in East Texas in the Henderson lions. This will be a slobber knocker in Bull Dawg stadium. The winner of this game will almost guarantee who will win this district. Coach S will have the Dawgs ready for this rivalry game. There is no love lost between the Dawgs and lions with 25 miles separating the two towns. Make no mistake, Henderson is the real deal and will be harder to beat than Gilmer was. This will be a true test for my Dawgs, but I truly believe the Dawgs win this battle by 10 points. God Bless coaches, players, and fans.