PDA

View Full Version : Cuero at Yoakum Friday 9/2 where to stay?

Gsquared
08-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Heading down that way for the Cuero/Yoakum game and saw an old farm house bed n breakfast online for 69 bucks a night in Shiner, anyone know of any other good places to stay down there?

44INAROW
08-16-2016, 05:47 PM
That sounds like a good deal.... You'll have to take the Brewery tour in Shiner...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2016, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vu_g5xNS0Y

cell phone service not to good in shiner fyi

Old Green
08-17-2016, 10:00 AM
I looked up lodging in Cuero. I did not see any bread & breakfast in that price range, but you can rent one (the whole house) for $200 if you want to throw a big after game party. Lol.... There's 4 new motels in Cuero. One was $57 a night. I belief it was the Texinn.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Gsquared
08-17-2016, 10:04 AM
I looked up lodging in Cuero. I did not see any bread & breakfast in that price range, but you can rent one (the whole house) for $200 if you want to throw a big after game party. Lol.... There's 4 new motels in Cuero. One was $57 a night. I belief it was the Texinn.

Ha! Thanks for the info! I called and booked that place in Shiner last night so im set. Think we will hit City Market in Luling on our way down Friday, go check in and then head to Yoakum for the game. Might go and stay in Rockport Saturday and hang out at the beach all day and then find a place there to watch some college football.

Old Green
08-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Ok. That sounds like plan. I might ride up to luling and eat with you guys. You still have my cell # ?

Gsquared
08-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Ok. That sounds like plan. I might ride up to luling and eat with you guys. You still have my cell # ?

That would be great!!! I still have your # too!

bd62
08-17-2016, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Gsquared;1899733]That would be great!!! I still have your # too![/QUOTE
I look you guys up. Last time I saw you guys was Giddings-Cuero game in Giddings 4 yrs ago when my grandson was a Sr at Cuero.

Saw Cuero against Lockhart and they had big time skill guys with excellent speed. There defense looked really good. Patton was Not suited up. Minor problem. There lines and depth on both sides are best I seen at Cuero in yrs. . I see Yoakum against Hondo. Heard they looked very good against Gonzales. They are loaded at skill and have better line than last yr according to a friend. Just not as good as Cuero and not the depth in my opinion according to what I saw last yr on both teams. I saw both teams about 7 games apiece so I have a good feel for there personnel returning. I have grandsons that are Fresh and JV at Cuero so Thursday nites will be fun. I catch both teams about equal on Friday nites.
It be a fun game as usual and will be good for both teams. The rivalry still there but being in different divisions they want meet but once and both should do really well this yr.

Gsquared
08-17-2016, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Gsquared;1899733]That would be great!!! I still have your # too![/QUOTE
I look you guys up. Last time I saw you guys was Giddings-Cuero game in Giddings 4 yrs ago when my grandson was a Sr at Cuero.

Saw Cuero against Lockhart and they had big time skill guys with excellent speed. There defense looked really good. Patton was Not suited up. Minor problem. There lines and depth on both sides are best I seen at Cuero in yrs. . I see Yoakum against Hondo. Heard they looked very good against Gonzales. They are loaded at skill and have better line than last yr according to a friend. Just not as good as Cuero and not the depth in my opinion according to what I saw last yr on both teams. I saw both teams about 7 games apiece so I have a good feel for there personnel returning. I have grandsons that are Fresh and JV at Cuero so Thursday nites will be fun. I catch both teams about equal on Friday nites.
It be a fun game as usual and will be good for both teams. The rivalry still there but being in different divisions they want meet but once and both should do really well this yr.
Look forward to seeing you again bd62!

Gsquared
08-17-2016, 02:17 PM
That sounds like a good deal.... You'll have to take the Brewery tour in Shiner...

You know it fofo! I have to go back to the brewery to see if they still have that Shiner baseball jersey at the gift shop. Last time I went they had it for 80 bucks and I didn't buy it, been kickin myself ever since............

44INAROW
08-17-2016, 04:56 PM
You know it fofo! I have to go back to the brewery to see if they still have that Shiner baseball jersey at the gift shop. Last time I went they had it for 80 bucks and I didn't buy it, been kickin myself ever since............

if you can't find it on this trip - maybe I can see what I can do and get you one :)

Blue42
08-17-2016, 08:37 PM
Hey I met you at the Giddings game 4 years ago also my oldest was a Sr playing then. My youngest is a Jr on the team this year looking forward to seeing you again.

Gsquared
08-18-2016, 07:13 AM
if you can't find it on this trip - maybe I can see what I can do and get you one :)

Sweet!

Gsquared
08-18-2016, 07:13 AM
Hey I met you at the Giddings game 4 years ago also my oldest was a Sr playing then. My youngest is a Jr on the team this year looking forward to seeing you again.

I remember that! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Snotbubbles
08-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm Back!!!!!

BD, can't base anything on those two opening scrimmages for Yoakum and Cuero? Gonzalez and Lockheart, really? I too will make this week 2 game. Be first test for either club. Yoakum opens against Honda and Cuero some new home school KIPP Generations Collegiate in their openers. What the heck? :dispntd: No Port Lavaca, Victoria North, South, East or West available?

44INAROW
08-18-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm Back!!!!!

BD, can't base anything on those two opening scrimmages for Yoakum and Cuero? Gonzalez and Lockheart, really? I too will make this week 2 game. Be first test for either club. Yoakum opens against Honda and Cuero some new home school KIPP Generations Collegiate in their openers. What the heck? :dispntd: No Port Lavaca, Victoria North, South, East or West available?

just speaking my mind here.... but sometimes you schedule who you can get.... Cuero has NEVER and I repeat, NEVER been scared to put anyone on the schedule...filling the pre season slots has been a challenge in the past..... sometimes the slots are filled up and you gotta go with what's available.. Before I saw the schedule, I'd never heard of KIPP either... before I commented on them, I did a little reading - according to their website - they are beginning their 2nd decade with athletics... and it looks like classroom settings, not home schooled. http://kipphouston.org/athletics
I might be wrong, just going by what I could find on them online... because everyone we've talked to says "who the heck is KIPP" :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-18-2016, 12:23 PM
If I wasn't going to be out of state on 9/2 I would totally go to this game.

YTBulldogs
08-18-2016, 12:39 PM
If I wasn't going to be out of state on 9/2 I would totally go to this game.

Should be one of the best between the two programs.

44INAROW
08-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Should be one of the best between the two programs.

You're right - a lot of folks don't understand when we say if once team were 1-8 and the other 8-1 - that all goes out the window when these two play.... quite of few folks that live in Cuero, work in Yoakum and vice-versa - several 1st cousins and even been brothers playing against each other... there are several families that have 2 sets of tee shirts - they'll wear the Blue shirts and sit on the Bulldog side during the 1st half and change into the Green shirts and move over to the Cuero side :)

Gsquared
08-18-2016, 01:39 PM
You're right - a lot of folks don't understand when we say if once team were 1-8 and the other 8-1 - that all goes out the window when these two play.... quite of few folks that live in Cuero, work in Yoakum and vice-versa - several 1st cousins and even been brothers playing against each other... there are several families that have 2 sets of tee shirts - they'll wear the Blue shirts and sit on the Bulldog side during the 1st half and change into the Green shirts and move over to the Cuero side :)

Think I need to stop at Wal-Mart in Cuero and get some green gear for the game.

speedbump
08-18-2016, 04:41 PM
just speaking my mind here.... but sometimes you schedule who you can get.... Cuero has NEVER and I repeat, NEVER been scared to put anyone on the schedule...filling the pre season slots has been a challenge in the past...

But they have turned down the chance to play El Campo a few times.

44INAROW
08-18-2016, 08:32 PM
But they have turned down the chance to play El Campo a few times.

Guess I should take your word, I'm sure you know....... But, just curious... When was this?

speedbump
08-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Guess I should take your word, I'm sure you know....... But, just curious... When was this?

I've heard that in conversations from folks who would know. Don't know the years. When Condra took over with a season still to go on the last schedule,he hoped to steer away from the trips through Houston traffic on fri. evenings and approached the Victoria schools, Cuero and Calhoun. All he got was Calhoun. I guess now he knows why Gillis had to schedule Bryan Rudder, Tomball and St Pius types. Many of our plyoff games are closer and easier to get to. LOL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-19-2016, 11:34 PM
When is the Cuero v. Wharton game this year? Also, is the game in Wharton or in Cuero?

Old Green
08-19-2016, 11:42 PM
When is the Cuero v. Wharton game this year? Also, is the game in Wharton or in Cuero?

The game is in Cuero Nov. 4

BwdLion73
08-20-2016, 10:12 AM

I heard it from my Mothers brothers cousin on my Fathers side. He said he was getting gas and a Bar-b-q sandwich at the Buc-eee's and saw a man who said his niece is dating a trooper who heard it from some guy he stopped for speeding.

...said his name was speedbump...or something like that...

Sorry its pouring rain here on a Saturday and I've seen the episode of the Lone Ranger on Cozi TV before.

Blue42
08-20-2016, 10:41 AM
The K IPP school was scheduled because that's what's all that was left being that Cuero was going to play Wharton first game and they ended up in our district. JMO

bd62
08-20-2016, 03:46 PM
I heard it from my Mothers brothers cousin on my Fathers side. He said he was getting gas and a Bar-b-q sandwich at the Buc-eee's and saw a man who said his niece is dating a trooper who heard it from some guy he stopped for speeding.

Sorry its pouring rain here on a Saturday and I've seen the episode of the Lone Ranger on Cozi TV before.

Now that funny😀. Good Job

speedbump
08-20-2016, 04:01 PM

If his name was speedbump you got the facts.
(....NEVER and I repeat NEVER trust a guy wearing a mask)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-20-2016, 05:51 PM
The game is in Cuero Nov. 4

UGH! AGAIN I'm going to be out of town for that. GEEZ!!!!