PDA

View Full Version : Summer Olympic Games

Scoop27
08-05-2016, 09:26 PM
How many of yall will be watching the Olympics which start up Saturday? And what sport will you follow?
I like women's beach volleyball

Cam
08-06-2016, 08:05 PM
....I'll bet you do!......like beach volleyball that is......

so far....I've watched about 5 minutes of table tennis.....then I realized Forrest Gump could beat either of em'.......watched USA's Balderas win his boxin' match....saw USA women beat Argentina in field hockey....which is a sport I didn't even know existed until today........watched the USA women soccer team win.....and Hope Solo gettin' boo'ed every time she touched the ball.....with the crowd yellin' "ZIKA" every time she kicked it.....guess she's not a fan favorite after her post.......watched some archery....and although them bows are some fine instruments....some of them boys had some beer guts and didn't look like athletes at all.......
watched a tad of USA basketball team dismantle China.....that's what they get for spyin' on us so much!.....
Watched the USA women rugby team destroy Columbia....had no idea women played rugby.....
I'm just real disappointed quidditch is still not an Olympic sport!!!..........

Cam
08-08-2016, 11:09 AM
so as I'm watching the Olympics last night I noticed one of the USA gymnasts name was Madison Kocian......made me think of Thomas, my old softball playing buddy and Texas Instruments co-worker back in Dallas....I last talked to him about 4 years ago........then I came in to work this morning and heard one of my fellow employees mention that Madison Kocian is from Dallas......so I'm thinking.....could it be?.......Looked her up and sure enough, that's Thomas' daughter.......Small world indeed!.......by the way, Thomas is originally from Wharton......anybody know em from down there in them parts?......

44INAROW
08-08-2016, 01:44 PM
so as I'm watching the Olympics last night I noticed one of the USA gymnasts name was Madison Kocian......made me think of Thomas, my old softball playing buddy and Texas Instruments co-worker back in Dallas....I last talked to him about 4 years ago........then I came in to work this morning and heard one of my fellow employees mention that Madison Kocian is from Dallas......so I'm thinking.....could it be?.......Looked her up and sure enough, that's Thomas' daughter.......Small world indeed!.......by the way, Thomas is originally from Wharton......anybody know em from down there in them parts?......
Madison's mother (and aunts) are Cuero graduates... her mom was Cindy Roberts in high school... one of her aunts still lives in Cuero....
I am going to attempt to post a video of her performance last night....
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gymnastics-qualifications-madison-kocian-uneven-bars?chrcontext=topnbcmoments

Cam
08-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Madison's mother (and aunts) are Cuero graduates... her mom was Cindy Roberts in high school... one of her aunts still lives in Cuero....
I am going to attempt to post a video of her performance last night....
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gymnastics-qualifications-madison-kocian-uneven-bars?chrcontext=topnbcmoments

...oh wow....I remember Cindy coming to our softball games when they were dating...she was pretty quiet....Thomas on the other hand, was a nut case!....and what a great athlete he was and probably still is......He was my 3rd baseman on the TI team I coached that won the TI championship back in 1992....it was considered quite an accomplishment to win that league which fielded over 90 teams......he was always so competitive....I can see where his kids got it from....I'm sure Cindy had a lot to do with it as well....still remember Thomas sneaking into my lab every Monday morning to talk about the previous Friday's game....we never got any work done!!!:spitlol:

44INAROW
08-08-2016, 04:04 PM
...oh wow....I remember Cindy coming to our softball games when they were dating...she was pretty quiet....Thomas on the other hand, was a nut case!....and what a great athlete he was and probably still is......He was my 3rd baseman on the TI team I coached that won the TI championship back in 1992....it was considered quite an accomplishment to win that league which fielded over 90 teams......he was always so competitive....I can see where his kids got it from....I'm sure Cindy had a lot to do with it as well....still remember Thomas sneaking into my lab every Monday morning to talk about the previous Friday's game....we never got any work done!!!:spitlol:
neat story Cam - small world for sure!

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2016, 08:13 PM
when are they showing Quidich?

Scoop27
08-08-2016, 10:44 PM
USA Women's beach volleyball team dominates again in 2nd win-

1st and goal
08-09-2016, 10:05 AM
How do they keep those bathing suits on for the high dives????
I always had to do high dives with one arm leading and the other holding my britches.

Rabid Cougar
08-09-2016, 10:11 AM
I always had to do high dives with one arm leading and the other holding my britches.

They don't always stay on... :eek:

Cam
08-09-2016, 03:06 PM

....... I'll tell you who it was, it was that damned Sasquatch!......:vrycnfsd:

One observation: I'm convinced....that only the Asians win the diving competitions and it's all due to genetics and physics......the genetics part: them folks ain't got no arse!.....everybody else has big ol protrudin' butts ....the physics part: Ain't no way them big arses can avoid big splashes!....don't the judges realize this?......not even fair I say...........

...this is all Greendawg's fault!.......

Cam
08-09-2016, 03:11 PM
USA Women's beach volleyball team dominates again in 2nd win-

....my wife had no idea I was so interested in beach volleyball............"tu no mas ves eso para ver nalga!".........:doh::tisk:

Scoop27
08-09-2016, 03:13 PM
USA men's indoor volleyball team loses again-Now 0-2 in pool play

Cam
08-09-2016, 03:18 PM
when are they showing Quidich?

....Phil C might know......

Scoop27
08-09-2016, 06:58 PM
USA women's soccer team tied up by Columbia 2-2 in final seconds but still win's group

Scoop27
08-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Two more golds medals for USA women and men's swim team

1st and goal
08-10-2016, 09:02 AM
....my wife had no idea I was so interested in beach volleyball............"tu no mas ves eso para ver nalga!".........:doh::tisk:

Did you know where the term Naugahyde came from? I think nalga hyde...:)

Scoop27
08-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Good luck to USA women's beach volleyball duo tonight

Cam
08-11-2016, 01:52 PM
.....love me some gymnastics!.....:doh::doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etG-u27CrRw

Cam
08-12-2016, 09:30 AM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/trump-is-only-watching-the-olympics-to-see-how-high-3259965.png

.....well....I don't know about that....but I want that tie......

Scoop27
08-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Women's soccer team gets upset in the quarterfinal match

Scoop27
08-12-2016, 11:32 PM
USA swimmers claim medals and women's beach volleyball teams wins-Track and Field underway - Longhorn swimmer won a gold medal as well as Longhorn women's shot putter won gold

Phil C
08-22-2016, 11:03 AM
We won the 2016 Olympics with a total of 121! We were 51 ahead of second place China. We also had more gold 46 silver 37 bronze 38 medals. Well done USA.

Scoop27
08-22-2016, 01:24 PM
watched around 90% of all the events. Loved track and field, indoor and beach volleyball and and swimming