PDA

View Full Version : Charge for Parking

Yoe_09
08-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Do any smaller schools charge that you know?

I have little to no knowledge in this area, but I always wondered why ticket prices weren't just raised to include a parking charge? Does it have something to do with the UIL getting more money off of ticket sales and not the school?

As an example, Cameron and Rockdale played a state quarterfinal game at Georgetown a few years back. That ended up being a total nightmare as hundreds upon hundreds missed the opening kickoff primarily due to the terrible parking system in place for a game of that magnitude. Traffic was backed up for miles.

briandumith*
08-03-2016, 11:07 AM

I have little to no knowledge in this area, but I always wondered why ticket prices weren't just raised to include a parking charge? Does it have something to do with the UIL getting more money off of ticket sales and not the school?

As an example, Cameron and Rockdale played a state quarterfinal game at Georgetown a few years back. That ended up being a total nightmare as hundreds upon hundreds missed the opening kickoff primarily due to the terrible parking system in place for a game of that magnitude. Traffic was backed up for miles.
Graham doesn't charge (we don't have parking anyway).. but some of the venues do charge that we have been to during playoff runs.. like (Aledo and Mansfield).I ask the folks from Aledo about this a couple of years ago. The guy I talked to said it was to cover the cost of the ISD holding the game there.. but I am not sure if he even knew or was just feeding me a line.. I know at Graham it is $5 for general admission tickets with no parking charge during the regular season.. and maybe 6 or 8 during playoff runs... depending on the place..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rabid Cougar
08-03-2016, 01:55 PM

That was idiotic and stupid. Never again in my opinion.

Not sure UIL gets any cut of the gate during pre-district or District. I know they do for playoffs. Officials get a percentage of the gate plus pro-rated season tickets. A Cameron v China Spring or Robinson v China Spring game nets about $100 to $120 per official. The 17 4A games, including Robinson and Lorena, are the biggest draws in the Waco area, outdrawing even Midway (their opponents bring very few to the table).

WISD charges for parking at any football game held there, pre-district, district or playoff.

Yoe_09
08-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Well, they figured little ole Cameron and Rockdale would bring maybe 2k-3k. Cameron alone had 3k by 6:00. I know some of the staff their said they had never seen anything like that before. I believe I remember someone saying they started running out of food before the game started. With a York as the AD, I figured they would have been prepared.

If that game were to happen again (which is possible), I would think:

McLane
Kyle Field
Midway
Waco ISD
Merrill Green

In general, I would stay away from the Austin area.

Rocket Man
08-03-2016, 05:10 PM
That was idiotic and stupid. Never again in my opinion.

Not sure UIL gets any cut of the gate during pre-district or District. I know they do for playoffs. Officials get a percentage of the gate plus pro-rated season tickets. A Cameron v China Spring or Robinson v China Spring game nets about $100 to $120 per official. The 17 4A games, including Robinson and Lorena, are the biggest draws in the Waco area, outdrawing even Midway (their opponents bring very few to the table).

WISD charges for parking at any football game held there, pre-district, district or playoff.

Hey, do you know if y'all are gonna be charging for the scrimmage over there on the 18th?

Rabid Cougar
08-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Hey, do you know if y'all are gonna be charging for the scrimmage over there on the 18th?

Not that I am aware of. Cameron is the only place I know that charges for scrimmages.

Rabid Cougar
08-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Well, they figured little ole Cameron and Rockdale would bring maybe 2k-3k. Cameron alone had 3k by 6:00. I know some of the staff their said they had never seen anything like that before. I believe I remember someone saying they started running out of food before the game started. With a York as the AD, I figured they would have been prepared.

If that game were to happen again (which is possible), I would think:

McLane
Kyle Field
Midway
Waco ISD
Merrill Green

In general, I would stay away from the Austin area.

I don't think SEC rules allow high school football games in their stadiums.

The other "CS" high school has a very nice stadium too.

Yoe_09
08-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Not that I am aware of. Cameron is the only place I know that charges for scrimmages.

Unless something has changed, I don't believe we are charging for scrimmages.

Rabid Cougar
08-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Unless something has changed, I don't believe we are charging for scrimmages.

yea you do. "Suggested" donation for some coaches charity event.

Yoe_09
08-04-2016, 04:53 PM
yea you do. "Suggested" donation for some coaches charity event.

Oh yes, the donation for the Benevolence Fund: http://www.thscef.com/benevolence.htm

I assumed more schools did it.

FB-fanatic
08-04-2016, 10:11 PM

We're over there a week before ya..I'll save ya a spot...

FB-fanatic
08-04-2016, 10:14 PM
You_09 Did I hear you guys had a QB transfer over to Rogers? What's the story there? Or was I mis-informed tonight?

Yoe_09
08-04-2016, 11:54 PM
You_09 Did I hear you guys had a QB transfer over to Rogers? What's the story there? Or was I mis-informed tonight?

Correct. Not supposed to be playing football. Possibly basketball.

Normally, I would be really concerned about losing a starting QB of his caliber.....because he was good. However, the tradition of strong QBs will not be ending in 2016.

2010: Jack Rhoades - state finalist
2011-2013: Jason Kopriva - 2 time state champion
2014: Reid Nickerson - state champion
2015: Jacob Smitherman - state finalist

The new QB will probably be our top running threat yet and is coming up from our most dominant JV that I can remember. I would not be surprised to see somewhat of a learning curve early, but I think by the time district rolls around, this offense should be averaging 40+ versus 3A opponents like we have the past 5 years as long as o-line play is solid.

Not that we wanted to be in this position, but QB play is not at the top of my list of concerns right now.

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2016, 09:35 AM

His Grandpa is spinning in his grave...... and knowing his Dad I would hate to be in that boys household.

Rocket Man
08-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Both of their scrimmages are at home, what a deal maker Bell must be.

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Yes.. China Spring is in the SEC. They don't travel for out of conference games. :0)

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2016, 01:35 PM

and I must say both will be boring as all get out. Bell will run six plays, three to either side, total.

Rocket Man
08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
and I must say both will be boring as all get out. Bell will run six plays, three to either side, total.

Well, we'll probably still go if it's after work hours.

My daughter's boyfriend will most likely be on varsity, so it's "obligatory"

Heck, we went to watch his Fresh scrimmage against Rockdale IN Rockdale last year, so a skip/hop/jump to CS ain't nothing.

You gonna work it?

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Well, we'll probably still go if it's after work hours.

My daughter's boyfriend will most likely be on varsity, so it's "obligatory"

Heck, we went to watch his Fresh scrimmage against Rockdale IN Rockdale last year, so a skip/hop/jump to CS ain't nothing.

You gonna work it?

Nope Frost that morning and Clifton that evening

Rocket Man
08-07-2016, 11:09 PM

I saw in post on another thread that LL is scrimmaging Cameron, not CS.

We're scrimmaging Teague, then CS.