PDA

View Full Version : T-Ball State Championships

FB-fanatic
07-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Am I the only one to think that Texas Teenage Leagues decision to have state championships in T-Ball is pretty crazy stuff? Hell, I was just happy to have over half my team not hitting each other or picking daisies, much less putting together some type of plan for a state run....

I'm afraid it would create just another excuse for parents to buy bat bags for a 6-year old.

poisoned10
07-31-2016, 10:31 PM
I coached a t-ball team that was 2 wins away from playing in the Dixie World Series in Mississippi last year and I had an absolute blast. Being able to coach my son during that time made it that much more special.

You are either really love it or really hate it and I see the logic behind both arguments as to why it's good or bad. But I am glad our league is a competitive league due to my competitive nature. Those memories my son and I made with each other will last a lifetime.

Gilmer baseball may be pretty dang good here in about 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BwdLion73
08-01-2016, 06:23 AM
My memory is my kid hitting the ball, running halfway to first, vearing off track to his dug out to high five his cheering teammates. My opinion is it sounds like a money thing.

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2016, 01:40 PM
My oldest won TTAB t-ball state championship in 1996. It was pretty cool. Back then they went to Regionals. Whoever won that tournament was a "state champion" .

All you need is a good short stop, pitcher and first baseman.

Rocket Man
08-01-2016, 03:31 PM
No slight to those who like competitve T-ball.

We did Little League T-Ball back when my kids played and I enjoyed it very much because there were no "outs", no runs and no controversy.

As it ended up in the subsequent years, there was puh-lenty of time/games for that.

And I find myself shaking my head at how seriously I took it all.