PDA

View Full Version : Whose your teams breakout player in 2016?

SaltySixes
07-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Every year key players are lost to graduation, but time and time again other players step up to fill their roles And Sometimes breakout to become stars!

Who is gonna be your teams breakout player in 2016?

Dawgs
07-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Carthage:

Senior QB Kason Davis. He is the OC son, and was the back up QB last season. Would've been good last year, but played behind Blisset. Good looking athlete. Looks like a QB. Had an excellent 7 on 7 season this summer. He also has the benefit of Surratt teaching him the position.

Junior LB Ahmad Brown. This guy has a ton of potential. He had a heck of a sophomore season when he played. His season was shortened due to injury. We have 2 other really good LB in Gates and Griffin, so maybe this young man is not on a lot of people's radar outside of Carthage. He has a chance to be a really special player.

mwrams
07-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Mineral Wells' safety Kaine Carraway at 6-2 was a dominating player during 7 on 7 as MW reached the Championship round. Look for defensive domination as he prowls the field this coming season as the Rams look to improve on a 10-3 season this year.

slingshot
07-23-2016, 02:14 PM
As mentioned before... Wylie's #89 Josh Novil. 6'4", 255 lb DE/TE. Can move for a big man and strong as an ox. One blocker can't handle him. Also #19 Zach Smith. 5'11", 160 lb. Great all-around athlete (played shortstop on our State Championship baseball team), nose for the ball, very quick--best as a shut down corner.

Pudlugger
07-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Sophomore RB Jericho Haardt(5'10" 175 4.6). Obviously performing in the shadows of superback JK Dobbins Jerecho debuted as a freshman showing outstanding lateral movement, quickness and hard nosed 'drop the shoulder' pounding the ball downfield. It was very surprising to see such toughness in a freshman running back but then again JK Dobbins comes to mind.

toddg
07-23-2016, 08:10 PM
RBs Alonzo Shaw and Blake Henderson, both quick with break away speed..FB/QB Colton Robles strength and speed at FB will be a major factor. soph. Amir Folson will be an impact player at NG..with 3 year starter QB Ramsey leading a senior class, that when all together only lost 2 games since 2nd grade..this should be a good season for the purple and Vegas gold.

ccmom
07-25-2016, 10:31 AM
As mentioned before... Wylie's #89 Josh Novil. 6'4", 255 lb DE/TE. Can move for a big man and strong as an ox. One blocker can't handle him. Also #19 Zach Smith. 5'11", 160 lb. Great all-around athlete (played shortstop on our State Championship baseball team), nose for the ball, very quick--best as a shut down corner. Dion Novil is what you meant, doc :)

SintonFan_inAustin
07-25-2016, 09:52 PM
couple of players didn't get much attention as sophomores but started good portion of the games
WR Andrew McGowan 6'3" 180 lbs 4.6 (hudl numbers)
DE Daryl French 6'2" 195 lbs 4.67 (hudl number) heard from another poster he might be the rb for upcoming season

slingshot
07-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Dion Novil is what you meant, doc :)Dang it, I did it again--don't know why I keep getting the brother's names mixed up?

bobcat1
07-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Dang it, I did it again--don't know why I keep getting the brother's names mixed up?
Probably because you are getting long in the tooth.:taunt:

d0tc0m
07-26-2016, 08:02 AM
For Celina, there are going to be plenty of chances for some skill kids to have a breakout year. Everyone knows about Pingleton at QB, and he could/should have a great senior campaign if healthy. He didn't do any 7-on-7 this summer, but I believe he said he'll be 100 percent come August.

Look for Johnny Franklin and Ismael Ortiz to have big years in the backfield, replacing Jarren Alexander. They'll have the benefit of running behind a big, strong, quick, physical offensive line that returns just about everybody. That offensive line could have its own breakout year. We'll also need a few breakouts at WR, and Caleb Elliot (Coach Elliot's youngest son), Wyatt Williamson, Luke Greening and a few others could replace what was an unbelievable crop of receivers last year.

Defensively, Andre Norman will be one of the better cover corners in 4A in my opinion. Unbelievable closing speed and ball-hawking instincts. Hayden Shortes and Braxton Whitney could have big years at LB, and our defensive line should be stout as well.

I know I'm missing a ton of names, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. The Bobcats have to replace a lot at the skill positions, but I think they've got some talented kids coming up for sure that can handle the job. If we have one or two have breakout years, the orange and white will be playing in December again.

slingshot
07-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Probably because you are getting long in the tooth.:taunt:No doubt about that... :ack!:

jason
07-26-2016, 10:36 AM
all 8 sophomores starting on defense....
qb has to play better as well - he'll be a junior coming off his first full year of being the starter...

slingshot
07-26-2016, 10:54 AM
S'ville will be much better than most people think. They were very young last year and played strong against us...

WOS1
07-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Alex Williams, WR/Safety. 6'0" speedster.

Ville-D
07-26-2016, 10:43 PM
As mentioned before... Wylie's #89 Josh Novil. 6'4", 255 lb DE/TE. Can move for a big man and strong as an ox. One blocker can't handle him. Also #19 Zach Smith. 5'11", 160 lb. Great all-around athlete (played shortstop on our State Championship baseball team), nose for the ball, very quick--best as a shut down corner.

Who was the big TE that played for AW back in the late 80's. I think his last name was Jones.

Ville-D
07-26-2016, 10:44 PM
all 8 sophomores starting on defense....
qb has to play better as well - he'll be a junior coming off his first full year of being the starter...

Lots of Sophs on the O side too.

jason
07-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Lots of Sophs on the O side too.
yeah, i know...but the defense HAS to get better....

Rabid Cougar
07-27-2016, 04:10 PM
They are already well known.

OLE'BULL
07-28-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if it will be a surprise but Mac Brisco RB/LB for Bellville is poised to have another phenomenal year. I think the biggest challenge for us will be deciding where to use him more, offense or defense. He is a workhorse that doesn't ever slow down. I am hoping he has bulked up a bit so he can withstand the grueling season. My guess is we will see him used more on offense. He is already garnering college attention and holds offers from Lamar and McNeese St. the last I heard. DCTF has him as preseason Offensive MVP of the district, but he was left out of the preseason All State voting. Prove 'em wrong Mac!

The other semi-sleeper is MLB Dylan Jackson, DCTF preseason All State LB. He has bounced back and forth between DT and MLB only because he was SO disruptive at DT. I think they have a solid DT so Dylan can focus on LB now. He is going into his Senior year and this will be his fourth year in a row to start for the Brahma defense. He is the hardest worker on the team and has never had any issues. He is short (5'9"ish) but stocky, solid, and can get to the ball in a hurry. He shows up pi$$ed off and I love it! He will have more trouble getting college attention due to his size but he can play at the next level somewhere. On a side note, our biggest sleeper in a year or two will be his younger brother Cody. He is going into 8th grade and is an absolute phenom. He will be starting on the Varsity as Freshman somewhere. He is a QB currently but with our scheme, he would be probably better suited at RB. Coach Rowe has had his eye on him for 2-3 years now and I have seen him in action coaching him in Pop Warner FB. He will be Bellville's biggest recruit in years if he stays healthy and continues growing and improving. That's all for now, football season is pretty much here folks!