PDA

View Full Version : If permitted; I'm trying to find a vehicle for my daughter

Rocket Man
07-20-2016, 06:50 PM
Dagnabit, using the internet to try and find a vehicle is muy frustrating.

I'm looking to buy a small SUV, like a Ford Escape for my daughter, top dollar is $5,500

Any of you football fans got one for sale or know someone who does?

Moderators: If this type of thread is not permitted, I apologize.

Cam
07-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Dagnabit, using the internet to try and find a vehicle is muy frustrating.

I'm looking to buy a small SUV, like a Ford Escape for my daughter, top dollar is $5,500

Any of you football fans got one for sale or know someone who does?

Moderators: If this type of thread is not permitted, I apologize.

....I got a white 2004 Ford Exploder...uhh....I mean Explorer...136K miles........BUT, it needs a new transmission and flywheel......been debating whether to fix it or just let it go........it's a nice lookin' vehicle with grill guard......I'll probably fix the darn thing and run it into the ground.....I hear panfan has a forest green scooter for sale!.....32 mph tops.......

Tejastrue
07-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Now that was a lot of help...

Blue42
07-21-2016, 08:41 PM
These days, everyone's talking about the Hyundai, and the Yugo. Both nice cars, if you've got $3,000 or $4,000 to throw around. But, for those of us whose name doesn't happen to be Rockefeller, finally there's some good news - a car with a sticker price of $179. That's right, $179. The name of the car?

Adobe. The sassy new Mexican import that's made out of clay. German engineering and Mexican know-how helped create the first car to break the $200 barrier. At this price, you might not expect more than reliable transportation - but, brother, you get it! Extra features: like the custom contour seats, or the beverage-gripping dash. And the money you save isn't exactly smallchange!

Cam
07-21-2016, 08:56 PM
These days, everyone's talking about the Hyundai, and the Yugo. Both nice cars, if you've got $3,000 or $4,000 to throw around. But, for those of us whose name doesn't happen to be Rockefeller, finally there's some good news - a car with a sticker price of $179. That's right, $179. The name of the car?

Adobe. The sassy new Mexican import that's made out of clay. German engineering and Mexican know-how helped create the first car to break the $200 barrier. At this price, you might not expect more than reliable transportation - but, brother, you get it! Extra features: like the custom contour seats, or the beverage-gripping dash. And the money you save isn't exactly smallchange!

....tejastrue.....don't you have something to say to Blue42?.........

....and you can blame the Germans for introducing the accordion to the Mexicans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxRgPetBSlo

Cam
07-21-2016, 08:58 PM
....and speakin' of Germans.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xUIDRxdmc

Tejastrue
07-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Uh..no. :vrycnfsd:

Blue42
07-21-2016, 10:04 PM
farfegnugen

Rocket Man
07-22-2016, 12:14 AM
Not bad for amateur comedian night. Not gut bustin' funny, but y'all did make me laugh!

FB-fanatic
07-22-2016, 03:09 AM
I've used Autotrader to purchase a lot of my kids vehicles. Covért GMC in Austin has a 2006 escape, 130000 miles (not bad for 06) for $5900. fairly clean Austin/Manor car. KBB.com says fair price = $5100. With KBB.com report in hand, and some patience, I've always gotten them down to a fair price. Though they will bitch and tell you that KBB sucks, and NADA is what they use and that they just can't sell it for that price. I don't throw the KBB report in theire face, but I keep it handy, tell them with confidence that the KBB price is fair. But eventually, they come around. I also go in and right away I tell them I have one hour to get this deal done, and if they drag it out, I'm gone. They know the longer they keep me there, the more likelt I am to,pay their price. Check your PM.

Rocket Man
07-22-2016, 09:53 PM
For anyone interested to know, we decided on a 2006 Mazda Tribute. Got it from a private seller in Austin. Thanks to those of you who gave serious suggestions and to the others, thanks for making me laugh.

Cam
07-23-2016, 09:35 AM
For anyone interested to know, we decided on a 2006 Mazda Tribute. Got it from a private seller in Austin. Thanks to those of you who gave serious suggestions and to the others, thanks for making me laugh.

.....still think you woulda been better off with panfan's scooter!.......

Rocket Man
07-23-2016, 09:59 AM
.....still think you woulda been better off with panfan's scooter!.......

Who said I didn't pick it up on the way home for use as as recreational vehicle?

lv2937
07-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Most car dealers don't use kbb or any other book. They go by what they can get the vechile at the auction for.

buckeyebob
07-28-2016, 08:43 AM
https://www.eliomotors.com/

Great kids car...almost Texas made (Shreveport's old GM plant)...only room for two & very cool