PDA

View Full Version : THSCA Poll (Top 10's)

Leopard4Life
07-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Here is the DMN article on the Texas High School Coaches Association Poll.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/07/19/preseason-coaches-poll-released-cedar-hill-denton-ryan-taking-top-spots

WOS87
07-19-2016, 07:40 PM
YAY! We're underdogs!!! Go ahead and take the bullseye Bellville lol. Our 17 returning starters are apparently only worth a #7 vote in Region III alone.

SaltySixes
07-19-2016, 07:50 PM
YAY! We're underdogs!!! Go ahead and take the bullseye Bellville lol. Our 17 returning starters are apparently only worth a #7 vote in Region III alone.

Awfully salty for a post starting with, yay!

WOS87
07-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Awfully salty for a post starting with, yay!

WOS generally does better when they aren't the favorites. We've been over this many times before. Some call it an inferiority complex... but whatever. I'll take #2 and like it. :2thumbsup

Blue42
07-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Does someone know something about Bellville no one else does? Must have something to be placed above WOS. R3 looks strong this year again hope they are all played out if we are lucky enough to get a shot again this year.

Blue42
07-20-2016, 04:31 AM
District 15 has 5 of the top 10 in R4

d0tc0m
07-20-2016, 07:30 AM
WOS generally does better when they aren't the favorites. We've been over this many times before. Some call it an inferiority complex... but whatever. I'll take #2 and like it. :2thumbsup

That may be about the only silly poll that won't have the Mustangs as the consensus No. 1. Sorry, WOS87, you're going to have to live with being the favorites all year long.

44INAROW
07-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Does someone know something about Bellville no one else does? Must have something to be placed above WOS. R3 looks strong this year again hope they are all played out if we are lucky enough to get a shot again this year.

I'm thinking WOS87 made a nice contribution to the THSCA fund to keep WOS out of the top 3 :) :taunt:

SaltySixes
07-20-2016, 10:28 AM

Like wos87 said, the only reason they were in second, is one silly voter put them all the way down in 7th place for region 3. To the best of my knowledge, no one actually believes bellville is better than the mustangs

Rocket Man
07-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Man, I'm all about the Rockets, but 9th in the Region? :thinking:

toddg
07-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Carter..Madison? HAHAHA!! poll is worthless!

Matthew328
07-21-2016, 08:58 PM
It's a coaches poll.....very little time is put into this I'm sure

Rabid Cougar
07-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Region 4 Division 1 ---- 5 out of one District.

d0tc0m
07-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Region 4 Division 1 ---- 5 out of one District.

That's the 2016-17 District of Doom. No question.

Dawgs
07-22-2016, 11:47 AM
That's the 2016-17 District of Doom. No question.

Agree. No question that's the deepest district in the state, maybe at any level. But we will have to come up with another moniker. To be honest we keep calling the ETX district the DOD, but the title should've been retired after the 2012 realignment. The original DOD may never be repeated. That was unbelievable. You had 2 state champs (Carthage and Gilmer) a 4a drop down (Henderson) and a state semi-finalist (Pittsburg) forming a district when only 3 teams went to the playoffs. In the 2 original years (2010 & 2011) the playoff teams from those districts were 21-4 in the post season. In the 1st season this district had both the D1 and D2 3a state champions. And had 2 more the year before. At the end of the 2010 season, no team that wasn't in that district had won a state championship the previous 2 seasons. Very rarely do things in sports live up to the hype, but in that case it exceeded the expectations. Something I will always remember. The original DOD.

d0tc0m
07-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Agree. No question that's the deepest district in the state, maybe at any level. But we will have to come up with another moniker. To be honest we keep calling the ETX district the DOD, but the title should've been retired after the 2012 realignment. The original DOD may never be repeated. That was unbelievable. You had 2 state champs (Carthage and Gilmer) a 4a drop down (Henderson) and a state semi-finalist (Pittsburg) forming a district when only 3 teams went to the playoffs. In the 2 original years (2010 & 2011) the playoff teams from those districts were 21-4 in the post season. In the 1st season this district had both the D1 and D2 3a state champions. And had 2 more the year before. At the end of the 2010 season, no team that wasn't in that district had won a state championship the previous 2 seasons. Very rarely do things in sports live up to the hype, but in that case it exceeded the expectations. Something I will always remember. The original DOD.

Oh there's no doubt about that district. It was the most top-to-bottom, talent-rich district I've ever seen in my 30 years of living. Every matchup each week was/could easily have been THE Game of the Week. It was/is the district that we now use to contrast the difficulty of current districts, which is why I said this new one is 2016-17's DoD.

That original will/can never truly be replicated. I'm on board with retiring that moniker and putting that district in the THSFB HoF.

Dawgs
07-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Oh there's no doubt about that district. It was the most top-to-bottom, talent-rich district I've ever seen in my 30 years of living. Every matchup each week was/could easily have been THE Game of the Week. It was/is the district that we now use to contrast the difficulty of current districts, which is why I said this new one is 2016-17's DoD.

That original will/can never truly be replicated. I'm on board with retiring that moniker and putting that district in the THSFB HoF.

You know I'm just ready for some football. We use the months leading up to the season to re-live old days. I'm ready for August / September where we can talk about the now. The season can't get here fast enough. Once I start seeing polls and predictions I can't hardly wait for the real thing to start.