PDA

View Full Version : CELINA WILL BEAT GILMER DOWN

cc700
11-19-2003, 11:59 PM
FRIDAY 730

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 12:09 AM
cc700:
FRIDAY 730Do you really think so, or are you just trying to pump yourself up with artificial confidence? It should, according to the records, be a very competitive game, but having watched Celina play this year, I feel that they had better play a flawless game if they expect to beat the Buckeyes. We are undoubtedly more talented and I feel better coached than the Bobcats, so let's just see what happens on Friday.

cc700
11-20-2003, 12:17 AM
OK WE WII SEE.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-20-2003, 03:16 AM
Better coached??? How many games did Celina win in a row???

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 08:08 AM
reptard7isCRAZY:
Better coached??? How many games did Celina win in a row???UMMMM..With a different coach!

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Celina is good team...very good..unfortunatley Gilmer has the looks of a great team..

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 08:23 AM
unfortunatley for Celina that is..

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Hey Matt, are you set for the Carthage/Forney game today? You got someone there?

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 08:42 AM
I really wish the Celina folks would quit living in their 2A past. This is 3A and they have done nothing but be above average at best. This will be another year they get beat in the 2nd round. I know, I know, you guys are still playing and we are sitting at home practicing basketball. But nobody on this 3A board cares what you did in 2A, show us something in 3A.

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 08:49 AM
blue4ever:
I really wish the Celina folks would quit living in their 2A past. This is 3A and they have done nothing but be above average at best. This will be another year they get beat in the 2nd round. I know, I know, you guys are still playing and we are sitting at home practicing basketball. But nobody on this 3A board cares what you did in 2A, show us something in 3A.WOW eek! ...get some dude!!! Are you going to the game tomorrow, or can we count on you if we make it to the next week? Tatum or Canton....so we should be looking at either Rose Stadium or Lobo Stadium, I would think.

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I'll be there this Friday.

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 08:56 AM
blue4ever:
Yeah, I'll be there this Friday.Cool...that's a real classy move Man. We appreciate it, and y'all have to know that we would be right there for y'all if things were the other way around. :cool: :cool:

BUDDY
11-20-2003, 10:15 AM
To say Gilmer is better coached is a bad evaluation. I will say that both teams are well coached and not take away from one or the other. I don't care if it is 1A or 5A when you win as many games as Celina has with all the same coaches except 1, then you are VERY WELL coached. Gilmer guy when your staff puts 4 STATE RINGS on and sets a state record of ANY kind then you can say Gilmer is better coached. Very, Very, Very poor statement and lack of respect. It is statements like that one, that will give Gilmer a poor image.

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Buckeye80:
Hey Matt, are you set for the Carthage/Forney game today? You got someone there?Check your PM's Buckeye80..I will need you to call in quarterly updates...I'll be at work tonight..so leave me voice mails!

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey Buddy, I believe it was a Celina cat that said Celina will beat Gilmer down, not a Gilmer fan. 4 State rings in 2A is, like I have said before, impressive. But this is 3A and they have not proven anything here yet. They have been to the playoffs both years but, outside of Gainseville, that is one of the weakest districts in 3A, and look at their pre-district schedule. DO you see any powerhouses there, or any above average teams, I don't. They had a real good team last year, I was very impressed with them as was most everyone from Daingerfield. It was no wonder they won 4 state championships with teams like that in 2A, but they have not proven to anyone yet that they can win the big game in 3A yet. All they care about right now is how fast they can get back to 2A and that's ashmame because I really think they can be competitive in 3A, it just may take a few more seasons. Saying a team is better coached than the other does not tarnish anyones image on this board, this board is for us all to voice our opinions on. Just like saying Celina is gonna beat Gilmer down, that's an opinion, but wrong, still an opinion.

DarkWing
11-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Buckeye80:

reptard7isCRAZY:
Better coached??? How many games did Celina win in a row???UMMMM..With a different coach!Coach Ford coached under GA for about 25 yrs. I wouldn't take anything away from crafty old GA, but Ford has GA's program and more.

BUDDY
11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
In my opionion it does! Like I said I don't care what classification you are in. When you set state and national records for team accomplishments, you know what in the heck you are doing. Yes, they are now 3A and not 2A, no records in this classification as of yet. How many records has the Gilmer team set in 3A over the years, How many rings do their coaches own, in any classification. Again, I don't know that answer for sure, but I do know to say that any staff is a better staff than Celina's is showing total disrespect. They have done something as a coaching staff that most other coaches in the state can only dream about doing. By the way they have more playoff wins in 3A (2) the last 10 years than Gilmer does (1), in fact they double the number of wins Gilmer has.

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 02:52 PM
That won't last long. Hey, your right about Gilmer not having in any tradition, rings, titles any of that stuff. My point is I could care less what they did in 2A, it don't mean jack in 3A. And until they can win a meaningful game in 3A, I guess that's all they'll have to talk about, is some old 2A stories. I have to support my fellow East Texans here in Gilmer, but, if Celina was to upset Gilmer, I wouldn't lose any sleep. You could say I am a closet fan of Celina after playing them last year in a great football game. All I am saying on here is probably how most Bobcat fans feel but would many would never admit it. THey have to be wondering if they will ever have any success in 3A.

Fletch
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Blue,

Won't have to worry about that for long, as the smallest school in 3A they will probably won't be there for long. And they did beat a very good Gainesville team last year.

And if 21 -2 in 3A, as the smallest participant isn't success, you should explain what is.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Fletch ]</small>

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 03:58 PM
In your honest unbiased opinion, how tough is that district they're in, and how tough is their pre-district schedule. I think that district just gives them false hope. They roll through their district with relative ease, but then they get to the playoffs, and they're really not battle ready because of the competition they play against. You are right about last years win over Gainseville, that was a good win. I really hope they don't go back to 2A, but everything I read says they are. THe atmosphere that surrounds that team is much bigger than 2A.

DarkWing
11-20-2003, 04:08 PM
blue4ever:
In your honest unbiased opinion, how tough is that district they're in, and how tough is their pre-district schedule. I think that district just gives them false hope. They roll through their district with relative ease, but then they get to the playoffs, and they're really not battle ready because of the competition they play against. You are right about last years win over Gainseville, that was a good win. I really hope they don't go back to 2A, but everything I read says they are. THe atmosphere that surrounds that team is much bigger than 2A.2A would be a mistake for Celina. Playing great teams in 3A like Gainsville and Gilmer will make the Bobcats better winners. It takes a loss to fully appreciate a win.

blue4ever
11-20-2003, 04:37 PM
It will be a mistake. 21-2 is nothing to scoff at in 2 years. I can't say a whole lot, I mean Daingerfield hasn't brought home the trophy in nearly 20 years. We have gotten to big game several times since then, but always come away bridesmaids.

Fletch
11-20-2003, 11:48 PM
I agree, but over time, consistently facing teams with more than TWICE as many kids in the talent pool as you have makes it increasingly harder to be successful. It carries through to all levels of football and the other sports as well.

It may be unfair to ask the coaches to constantly face that kind of talent gap. As a fan I prefer tighter games, but it's not my decision.

Buckeye80
11-20-2003, 11:58 PM
BUDDY:
How many records has the Gilmer team set in 3A over the years, How many rings do their coaches own, in any classification. Again, I don't know that answer for sure.... By the way they have more playoff wins in 3A (2) the last 10 years than Gilmer does (1), in fact they double the number of wins Gilmer has.And help me out with the answer to this one Chief. How many of those rings and wins are gonna' help them tomorrow.....NONE. The past is the past! Let it go! Big Sandy did! Now, as for the better coaching comment, here's the logic. What's our record? What's Celina's? We have no common opponents this year and two relatively weak schedules (I'll give our's the nod in difficulty seeing as how we played two playoff teams in 3A and a 4A school in pre-disrict). According to MY logic and the logic of that statement, our coaches are better than Celina's by 1 game this year, and this year is the only one that matters. Besides, our win total will be even after tomorrow's game......hopefully! See ya' in Richardson!

kaorder1999
11-21-2003, 01:21 AM
right...gilmer by 30