PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Softball

hookandladder
07-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Head Coaching position has been posted, Just FYI.

NastySlot
07-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Head Coaching position has been posted, Just FYI.

I saw that a little while ago. The assistant coach is a pretty good coach is she not interested? Where did AB go?

hookandladder
07-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I saw that a little while ago. The assistant coach is a pretty good coach is she not interested? Where did AB go?

AB took another job down the road, do not think the Assistant is interested. She was the pitching coach, not sure if she is staying on.

NastySlot
07-06-2016, 08:08 PM
AB took another job down the road, do not think the Assistant is interested. She was the pitching coach, not sure if she is staying on.

Down the road? Which direction any hints?

would I be wrong to guess a gold and black rival down the road?

Scoop27
07-06-2016, 09:42 PM
La Grange could win with just about any coach-Program is always strong with a winning tradition

hookandladder
07-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Not sure, maybe. 🤔

XMan
07-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Would the LG softball coach go to Giddings? That would be a real down step. Maybe LG can hire the LG native that is coaching in Bellville. I could see this as being a very sought after softball job, especially if there is not too much volleyball to go with it.

speedbump
07-07-2016, 10:32 AM
La Grange could win with just about any coach-Program is always strong with a winning tradition

Folks often said that about Bay City football.

hookandladder
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Would the LG softball coach go to Giddings? That would be a real down step. Maybe LG can hire the LG native that is coaching in Bellville. I could see this as being a very sought after softball job, especially if there is not too much volleyball to go with it.

The timing for this job coming open is not good, coaches must sign their contracts by tomorrow and this job will be posted for two weeks. Bellville coach is not ready to come back home, when time is right good chance she will return. There are two former LG coaches currently teaching at LG and a couple former players also teaching, so there are options available and I am sure there will be good interest in the job. Plenty of talent left and more coming up to be successful, so all will be well in LG.

Scoop27
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Gary Dusek of Radio Station KVLG-KBUK in La Grange had a report on his sportscast at noon and will have another at 5:30 p.m.today
he said that the coach that stepped down had a 206-29 record

hookandladder
07-08-2016, 09:12 AM

It's now official, you were correct. Giddings.

1st and goal
07-11-2016, 05:14 PM
It's now official, you were correct. Giddings.

That would be "up" the road Nasty. :) I hope she brings more success to our program. We've had really good teams in the past, not necessarily at the UIL level.

Hope LG gets another good one to take the reigns.

NastySlot
07-11-2016, 05:16 PM
That would be "up" the road Nasty. :) I hope she brings more success to our program. We've had really good teams in the past, not necessarily at the UIL level.

Hope LG gets another good one to take the reigns.

It's a he. He has been the softball coach at Giddings once already.

hookandladder
07-18-2016, 09:48 PM
http://www.fayettecountyrecord.com/sites/fayettecountyrecord.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/image.jpeg?itok=1XDrBx7G

Former Lady Leps State Champ Coach Sharon Vinklarek returns to coaching the Lady Leps, Go Leps.

NastySlot
07-19-2016, 05:44 PM
http://www.fayettecountyrecord.com/sites/fayettecountyrecord.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/image.jpeg?itok=1XDrBx7G

Former Lady Leps State Champ Coach Sharon Vinklarek returns to coaching the Lady Leps, Go Leps.

Well this has got to be a hire that you approve of. Good Luck

hookandladder
07-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Well this has got to be a hire that you approve of. Good Luck

It's definitely good timing before retiring, $. She was already hired to start coaching other sports again next year however now she will finish what she started 20 years ago, I think she has a few good years left. Lol

Blue42
07-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Folks often said that about Bay City football.

So true

hookandladder
07-20-2016, 07:59 AM
La Grange losses 5 key Senior players which will play at the next level however they do return a solid pitcher who has committed to SHSU and a catcher that is committed to Missouri, overall they will be young however if the players buy into hard work they will continue to have success overall. Time will tell.

1st and goal
07-22-2016, 03:40 PM
So there's even more on the line when Giddings and LG square off....

zebrablue2
07-23-2016, 10:52 AM
So there's even more on the line when Giddings and LG square off....

Giddings will be good next year, a lot coming back from a second round team. Girls can hit some bombs, and of course the lady leps will reload!