PDA

View Full Version : Forney vs. Atlanta predictions

Jimbotex40
11-23-2002, 01:53 AM
tell what you think. i can' say yet cuz i haven't seen atlanta on film, but the way we played tonite, atlanta would have beat us.

aamove
11-23-2002, 02:17 AM
A win is a win. And I will go as far as to guarantee that Rabbits will win the game next week. (Either the Forney Rabbits or the Atlanta Rabbits)

FORNEY
11-23-2002, 02:29 AM
GOOD WAS WATCHING OVER US TONIGHT BUT IF WE PLAY LIKE WE DID TONIGHT WE WILL LOSE SO WE NEED TO PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK BECAUSE THE TEAMS ARE JUST GETING BETTER EVERY WEEK WE GO ON

FORNEY
11-23-2002, 02:32 AM
GOD WAS WATCHING OVER US TONIGHT BUT IF WE PLAY LIKE WE DID TONIGHT WE WILL LOSE SO WE NEED TO PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK BECAUSE THE TEAMS ARE JUST GETING BETTER EVERY WEEK WE GO ON

justanopinion
11-23-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm not going to make any more predictions. I wish both of these teams best of luck.

GO RABBITS (Jackrabbits)

jason
11-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey Jimbo or Creecy....is the game vs Atlanta at Texas Stadium?? Fri at 7:30 ?? Let me know.

Jimbotex40
11-23-2002, 12:33 PM
yes jason, 7:30 friday night, texas stadium

and to forney: if you are player you shouldnt even be on here. plus, if you want your name to be what it is, then present in such a way that represents the town of forney, and stop saying this crap that forney is going to win state. have some humbleness

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-23-2002, 12:57 PM
I also heard that the Texarkana game will be there also the same night. It should be a great night of H.S. Football.

Jimbotex40
11-23-2002, 11:23 PM
dude, i'm already nervous, i saw atlanta's schedule, and i was very impressed/scared...they have only lost to 2 good 4A teams in mount pleasant 14-10 and texarkana texas 27-13(who is ranked #2 in the data poll)...their other loss came against dangerfield, who just ended celina's streak.
overall, uh oh, the only thing that is for sure is that the rabbits will win...i'm just not sure whether it will be the jackrabbits or the rabbs (did i get that right?)

aamove
11-24-2002, 01:29 AM
OK, I'll go out on a limb and predict Forney in a close game. I'll take Forney by 3.

Jimbotex40
11-24-2002, 01:48 PM
lol, nice prediction aamove, i will say the rabbits will win by 3 points also, but im not sure which rabbits that i am speaking of

aamove
11-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Jimbotex, after last weeks game it's kind of hard to predict a big win. But, you have to give the Jackrabbits credit, they did pull out an amazing win. I'm confident that they can do it again and I know of a few of the players that read the posts here. I hope they don't take a 3 point prediction as a lack of confidence in them, I hope they go out and beat Atlanta by at least 10-14 points. They've had a pretty amazing year and have put a lot of doubts to rest as to whether or not they were a contender without DaBryan. And to make it this far they've proved themselves.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2002, 06:33 PM
I think that the Forney players should have more confidence this week than we've seen in a while. They came back and won the game after most of their fans had given up. I've never seen our fans acting as dead as they were leading up to the final few minutes of the game. You could probably have counted by hand the number of fans who were still believing in the team with about four minutes left (of course Jimbo and Creecy were two of the few).

The team came out in those final few minutes and played with more heart than I've seen out of them all year. Most of the JV and freshman call-ups were depressed, but the guys who have been varsity players all year kept their confidence. Even in those final minutes, I could still see the spark in their eyes as they knew that they were capable of coming back. A comeback like they completed has got to boost their self-confidence. They won at a time when their fans had almost no hope left. I really think that this team can use that as momentum heading into next week.

I'm expecting to see a great game with Forney returning to its level of play that they had against Wilmer-Hutchins and Wills Point. Atlanta is a team of high calibur too, so I don't think anybody can tell much about what's going to happen until the week progresses and we see how the teams are doing in practice and how their preparations are going.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Forgot one quick question:

Has Atlanta played or practiced on artificial grass this year? That could be a factor in Friday's game. Since Forney is able to practice on it every day, that could be a small advantage if Atlanta hasn't had much experience with it.

eye of the tiger
11-24-2002, 08:53 PM
I have liked both of these teams all year long. Both are two of my favortites to watch. Best I can do is wish good luck to both teams.

sinton66
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
I'm leaning toward Forney on this one. Nothing against a very good Atlanta team, but I just think Forney will win another close one. Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game.

Matthew328
11-24-2002, 09:46 PM
I think both of Atlanta's playoff games were on some sort of artificial turf..I know their bi-district game against Lindale was on the field turf...I think the game against Gainesville was on normal artifical turf..

BigDog
11-24-2002, 10:04 PM
I did not notice the Forney fans giving up on our guys at all! Yes, the players had the confidence they could get the job done - especially after the defense held Carthage on 4th down. However, we did have to pull this Jackrabbit win out of the hat! There was two things I noticed - first -our coaches were under pressure and stressed illustrated by the inability to get the play in and using costly timeouts that luckly did not come back and bite us - second - the Carthage side emptied quick after our score when they still had 45 seconds left with a couple of time outs. I can attest the Forney fans were there behind the players as it took me a while just to exit the stadium.

As for this weeks game, we will have our hands full with the rabbits from east Texas. This should be a hard battle for both teams and will come down to turnovers and big plays. Forney should have a upbeat practice and will be focused for Friday night.

Go Rabbits!

Fahq07
11-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Personally i thought maybe forney would do like they did the last 2 years and choke at the end but i didnt give up on'em. Im not makin any predictions about this game but forney does have more wins at Texas stadium than the cowboys do in the last three years.

Jimbotex40
11-24-2002, 11:33 PM
fahq, i think i know who you are now...if i'm right about who you are, then i would guess that you're still pissed that you couldn't march us down the field on that last drive last year with a team that had the most talent in the state.

give me a clue as to if i'm right

Fahq07
11-24-2002, 11:57 PM
i know what you are talkin about but unfourtunately you have mistaken me for someone else. i have no clue how, but you did.

justanopinion
11-25-2002, 09:33 AM
Forget my last post. I'm saying Forney by 10. I would like to hear from some more Atlanta people on this subject.

justanopinion
11-25-2002, 09:43 AM
One more thing.
To the Forney players,

Don't be satisfied with where ya'll are right now. I've grown up with just about all of you and I know how close and how well you guys play together. Atlanta is going to bring it Friday night but you guys can do better. I know all of ya'll have the heart and determination to take this season and make it the best Forney has ever seen. I know ya'll can do it so go out there on Friday night and give it 110%!

Jimbotex40
11-25-2002, 09:55 AM
sorry, fahq, thought that you were jason bryant....my bad

Jimbo4prez
11-25-2002, 10:33 AM
heard some stuff about atlanta from my unlce-in-law who is from there and went to a few games this year. He told me that their running back is quick and hits the holes quick, also that he cuts back and finds open field very well. Their other offensive weapon is their WR/TE Dallas Washington #43(who also happens to be their #4 cross-country guy). They should be tough offensively. But he said their quaterback tries to force passes and the way the secondary played against Wills Point that could be helpful to us.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-25-2002, 11:41 AM
Atlanta has played on turf in both of their playoff games so far. It is the same stuff they have in Texas Stadium. So they should have a good feel for it. But as for the game its self. This should be a great game but a close one also. It will come down to who plays with the least mistakes and turn overs. Atlanta has a stronge running game they were getting about 4 yrds or more on every carry against Gainsville. The line isnt big but are fast and has alot of strength for its size. The defense is the strongest part. They are fast off the line and has done good against the run. The kicking game is alo a stronge point. Our kicker is about the best we have ever had. But good luck to both teams.

Fahq07
11-25-2002, 01:35 PM
No i am not him, but you should not single him out for the loss last year, he did nothing wrong, that was a team effort.

I now have a prediction
Forney 17 atlanta 7

Jimbotex40
11-25-2002, 03:38 PM
fahq, im not singling out bryant for the loss, i just think that since caleb went down the field on the drive before the last one and scored, that they should have left caleb in.

JACKRABBITS
11-25-2002, 04:01 PM
yea i agree with jim on this one about last yr...but since they rotated caleb and jason every possession all yr, they thought why stop here...but its da plyoffs late in the game...and caleb was playin better tha nite so leave him in..but that was last yr...ltes focus on this game coming up against the other rabbits...

forney 13
atlanta 10

Fahq07
11-25-2002, 04:18 PM
caleb played good that night, but he did make a nice throw on the 4th and 9

jason
11-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Forney 20
Atlanta 10

Jimbo4prez
11-25-2002, 04:38 PM
I heard today that Atlanta's startin TE was down with a broken wrist, is there any validity to this statement or is it just horse poo? Also if it is true is it Dallas Washington? And how much of a role did he play in the offense (as a reciever and a blocker)?

coug81
11-25-2002, 05:37 PM
Jimbo don't worry to much about last week I think
it was a wake up call. I have a guy down the hall that says Atlanta is small and quick but not break away speed. My dad saw Everman saturday and said they are almost as good as last year so we have to get it going this week.

By the way I'm not mad at all about last year you turn right and you turn left and hand the ball to who they tell ya. We ran a play right into a stunt, game over. But I think If we're hitting on all cylinders we might could get by this week and get another shot at those Bulldogs and maybe things could be different since they invented the forward pass at Forney this year.

jrabbit02
11-25-2002, 05:48 PM
forney 24
atlanta 20

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2002, 06:00 PM
good luck to both teams and enjoy ur teams efforts. Forney over atlanta

crzyjournalist03
11-25-2002, 10:54 PM
Everything I've heard points to a down-to-the-wire game. I hope Atl_Rabb_Fan is right when he says it will come down to the fewest mistakes and turnovers, because that has been two big strengths for the Jackrabbits most of this year. Caleb threw only his second INT of the year last week (I know this was debated some last week, so I asked him myself how many he had thrown). I really like Forney's chances in this one, but I'm still not ready to make a score prediction.

JACKRABBITS
11-25-2002, 11:43 PM
i havent seen atlanta play in person but from what ive heard, they have a good defense...i mean they shutout lindale, and only gave up 10 to gainesville and 7 were on a kickoff retuen so that was really the special teams and the other 3 was from a really long fg after a penalty...so if u think about it, their defense hasnt given up a point yet...so i hope forney can make some big plays and keep drives going and not commit turnovers...hopefully last week was a wake up call for the offense...i think it will come down to special teams because this game will be about field position...

surfspike
11-26-2002, 12:33 AM
I'll tell you right now that the Atlanta team plays with the strategy of Maxfield. They love the run, thrive off of it (good rb) and greedily control the time clock. Thats how they kept gainesville from scoring....i mean basically that drive from the one for atlanta took almost the whole second quarter. G-ville D didnt just give up, but they weren't quite quick enough.

Forney must stop the run....they do that, they stop Atlanta. The reason they havent really been stopped this year....becuase they have a great running game and great BLOCKING!

Your running game is only as good as your blockers in front!

remember that. see everyone this friday at TX stadium. :)

surfspike
11-26-2002, 12:45 AM
if the forney O-line blocks well---- 35-13

if the forney o-line doesnt block----atlanta wins 13-10....more experienced kicker

forney has potential with the passing game, but expect a defense as tough as carthage if not tougher.

The g-ville return player who scored the first touchdown was noticably slower than laury.....and he still got by the rabb's special teams. This could give forney a BIG edge if they take advantage of it.

JACKRABBITS
11-26-2002, 08:52 AM
thanx surfspike for all this info on the game...i might have to change my prediction when gametime gets closer...right now i say 13-10 forney but that might change...

and how do you compare gainsesville's offense and defense to forney's??...because ive never seen them play and u probably have...

BigDog
11-26-2002, 09:18 AM
Forney got the wake-up call last week and come to play! They play well at Texas Stadium and want be intimated by the big stage and big game - we've been there before. Forney will take care of business with a balanced attack!

Forney 24
Atlanta 10

crzyjournalist03
11-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Forney's defense has been strong all year long. don't see Altanta scoring more than 17 points at the absolute most. This game is going to be decided by Forney's offense and Atlanta's defense. If Laury can break two big runs, Forney takes this game. If Atlanta keeps the running game shut down and forces third-and-long a lot, Atlanta has a chance.

coug81
11-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Forgot my prediction,

Forney 24
Atlanta 17

I think a special teams play could make the difference in this one.

surfspike
11-26-2002, 06:06 PM
JACKRABBITS:
thanx surfspike for all this info on the game...i might have to change my prediction when gametime gets closer...right now i say 13-10 forney but that might change...

and how do you compare gainsesville's offense and defense to forney's??...because ive never seen them play and u probably have...cliff note:
(g-ville O to forney D at bottom)

When the atlanta/gainesville game started, it looked like Gainesville was the real deal. They ran the kick back and was up 7-0 with 11:40 left in the first. Things weren't looking so good for atlanta, but the more I watched the Gainesville offense struggle and how easily the atlanta running game was crushing their line....My friend and I came to the quick conclusion that Gainesville was overrated. 10-1 is a good record...but the team didnt do much of anything all game long. Atlanta played very sloppy and still beat gainesville.

Facts about gainesville (vs atlanta) are:
1. They had hardly any speed.
2. Passes were inconsistent
3. L.J. Searcy couldnt break any runs. The one he did get for like 50 yrds was called back with a penalty.
4. Neither team had any momentum the entire game....which was weird being a forney fan.

concensus: g-ville only had the lead becuase of 1. atlanta's coaching. (went on a 4th down instead of kicking a fg....would have tied it at 10 before the half. This reminded me of forney /everman last year when forney got stopped on 4th down and could have kicked a fg and went into overtime. This also brought me to my Maxfield similarities in coaching.)
2. Atlanta made alot of mistakes. Don't expect them to have nearly as many against forney. They had a wake up call just like forney did with carthage.

IF it were forney/gainesville this week, I would predict a blowout. To put it bluntly....it would turn out like Forney/Muleshoe a few years back....things got ugly for muleshoe quick.

Atlanta will give forney a TOUGH game if they dont make the mistakes they did last week.....even then they have a good shot at advancing if their defense plays like it did.

kicker11
11-26-2002, 09:57 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Forgot one quick question:

Has Atlanta played or practiced on artificial grass this year? That could be a factor in Friday's game. Since Forney is able to practice on it every day, that could be a small advantage if Atlanta hasn't had much experience with it.Forney will not have much advantage. Their sport turf is much longer than that of Texas Stadium. The blades are shorter and there are more "pellets" in the turf at texas Stadium. I guarantee you, it will be a footrace all night. I know Atlanta, and they would be fast on a sandy beach!

DroptheHammer
11-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Surfspike. You Moron. The score last year with Everman was 21-17. How in the blue hell could Maxfield have kicked a field goal and tied the game to go to overtime. Mel Maxfield is and was a hell of a coach while at Forney, and did a tremendous amount for that program. If you don't know what the f*** you are talking about then shut your mouth.

surfspike
11-27-2002, 12:04 AM
DroptheHammer:
Surfspike. You Moron. The score last year with Everman was 21-17. How in the blue hell could Maxfield have kicked a field goal and tied the game to go to overtime. Mel Maxfield is and was a hell of a coach while at Forney, and did a tremendous amount for that program. If you don't know what the f*** you are talking about then shut your mouth.i didnt say he could have kicked it at the END of the game....i figured you knew that the game could have been tied at halftime.....and theoretically it COULD have gone into overtime. so i'd appreciate it if you wouldnt come on here with your entire 3 posts and pretend to assume what im trying to convey.

The other posters on here (hopefully) see me as a class act. Its really hard to keep that image when people like you come here and start flame wars.....you have alot of growing up to do.

btw...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

surfspike
11-27-2002, 12:08 AM
and nothing can change the fact that forney lost.....they lost and thats that. Its time for them to play good clean football in the third round, and advance for another shot at the champs (everman). :)

you must be one of those fanatical maxfield supporters who acts as though he is attacked everytime the everman game is brought up. I never said mel wasnt a good coach b/c he is a great one. There is a reason he is at burleson right now with another quality program....b/c he is a damn good coach.

One more thing, I only attended every single forney game from 9th through 12th grade including playoff games. So what the hell would i know anyway? I got the priveledge of watching all the games b/c i was in the band....oh wait....you will probably try to make fun of me for that too....some people and their insecurities. (shakes head)

<small>[ November 26, 2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: surfspike ]</small>

JACKRABBITS
11-27-2002, 01:30 AM
well i think there was some questionable playcalling last yr in that game...they ran the same play too many times and everman keyed on it...thats why u never saw any long runs because everman jus put 10 guys at the line...when there was a big play, it was the pass and that was because everman was offguard...those were the good calls is when max faked everman out by passing deep...

but enuff about that game...that was 1 yr ago this fri...onto atlanta...manne when i saw that ganiseville/atlanta matchup, i was hoping for an atlanta win because ive been hearin everyone say how good gainesville is...now from what ive heard, maybe it wouldve been better if they did win that game...but i think if forney can get some big plays from laury and their special teams, theyll be ok...

Keith7
11-27-2002, 01:35 AM
surfspike:

JACKRABBITS:

and how do you compare gainsesville's offense and defense to forney's??...because ive never seen them play and u probably have...cliff note:
(g-ville O to forney D at bottom)

When the atlanta/gainesville game started, it looked like Gainesville was the real deal. They ran the kick back and was up 7-0 with 11:40 left in the first. Things weren't looking so good for atlanta, but the more I watched the Gainesville offense struggle and how easily the atlanta running game was crushing their line....My friend and I came to the quick conclusion that Gainesville was overrated. 10-1 is a good record...but the team didnt do much of anything all game long. Atlanta played very sloppy and still beat gainesville.

Facts about gainesville (vs atlanta) are:
1. They had hardly any speed.
2. Passes were inconsistent
3. L.J. Searcy couldnt break any runs. The one he did get for like 50 yrds was called back with a penalty.
4. Neither team had any momentum the entire game....which was weird being a forney fan.

concensus: g-ville only had the lead becuase of 1. atlanta's coaching. (went on a 4th down instead of kicking a fg....would have tied it at 10 before the half. This reminded me of forney /everman last year when forney got stopped on 4th down and could have kicked a fg and went into overtime. This also brought me to my Maxfield similarities in coaching.)
2. Atlanta made alot of mistakes. Don't expect them to have nearly as many against forney. They had a wake up call just like forney did with carthage.

IF it were forney/gainesville this week, I would predict a blowout. To put it bluntly....it would turn out like Forney/Muleshoe a few years back....things got ugly for muleshoe quick.

Atlanta will give forney a TOUGH game if they dont make the mistakes they did last week.....even then they have a good shot at advancing if their defense plays like it did.I Don't know what game you were watchin but Gainesville played worst then they did any game of thier season that night, not including some controversial Coaching calls... but that game is over.. And to say that Gainesville is overrated is just plain stupid, We lost alot of key players at our main posistions and still made a 10-2 season out of it.. I really dont see anything overrated about that? Now, about the Forney-Atlanta game I've actually played against both teams this year, against Forney in the scrimmage and against Atlanta in the game last friday.. and I know that Atlanta plays 10X harder then forney did in that scrimmage, and i know that was just a scrimmage but Atlanta I believe has the advantage in this one.. 21-14

<small>[ November 27, 2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

DroptheHammer
11-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Surfspike- the score at half last year was 14-3 Everman. Tell me again how it could have been tied at half. Since you know so much.

coug81
11-27-2002, 03:26 PM
As this game gets closer I think one turn over or special teams play will make the difference. I still think Forney 24 Atlanta 17. One big worry for the JRabbits is the fact Atlanta is suppose to have a very strong kicker. good luck to all the rabbits and leave it all on the field

coug81
11-27-2002, 03:37 PM
By the way Jimbo just wondered if you know who I am. This is my dads handle and password. I don't post on here usually I look at Tx preps. But since you thought someone else was me I decided to chime in. My rule is as a player you don't post while your playing, Our season ended 2 weeks
ago and even though I'm not in HS its still a rule. Had to jump little Bro for messin with someone he thought he knew on here now he knows the rules.

Jimbotex40
11-27-2002, 10:33 PM
sup jason,
who do you think fahq could be?....i dont know anyone else in your class that thought i was annoying except you

Fahq07
11-28-2002, 03:38 AM
now jimbo i might annoy you, but jason never struck me as an annoying person. why do you say that?

JacksandEagles
11-28-2002, 03:49 AM
You don't have JACK!, Atlanta. Go Forney. Old saying, but just might bring it back to Texas Stadium . . . "Hey, Atlanta, this is all, Monday start your basketball! Great chant from the 80s. Hope the Forney fans are still running their "chanting mouths" on big playoff wins.

Forney 24
Atlanta 10

PPHSfan
11-28-2002, 10:40 AM
I was at the game last Friday, wow what a comeback!!! Fun game to watch, but now I gotta say this. Forney should have won this game by three touchdowns, but they kept shooting themselves in the foot with silly mistakes (ie: defensive penalty on third down and Long). Both of these teams I believe played way below their abililty, and had either of these teams played a more disciplined team on this particular Friday, they both would have gotten their clocks cleaned.

Now with that being said, Forney has by far one of the best Defenses I have seen this year. (Maybe not as fast off the line as Gainsville, but they play very well as a "team" and have a very fast secondary.)

Forney's offense is pretty much "shave and a haircut" but it is effective. If Forney can come in with the Discipline that brought them this far this year, and not make the silly mistakes they made last week, Forney should win this game...period.

Forney 24
Atlanta 7

jason
11-28-2002, 10:44 AM
I never said you were annoying...maybe obnoxious at Forney games on some occasions, but never annoying :D wink

Pudlugger
11-28-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is Forney's year to win state. They no longer have Blanton but they are loaded with talent. Without the presence of a super-star a team with balance and plenty of talent can be more versatile and unpredictable. You are forced to attain more balance and a higher level of play from every man. There is no superhero to step in and win the game, just a bunch of joes dedicated to performing their individual roles with their best efforts. That's what wins championships. This is going to be the year Forney gets the big trophy.
Forney 35
Atlanta 17
:D

jason
11-28-2002, 12:05 PM
GO FORNEY....BEAT ATLANTA !!! wink

aamove
11-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Pudlugger,
I think you hit the nail right on the head. And that is what impressed me last year with LaGrange, y'all made it to the finals without superstar Ty Gunn. It really says a lot about a program when it's consistent year after year. I think when you have someone like Gunn or Blanton it's easier for an opponent to know what they have to do to stop you. When you take all of the big targets out of the equation, the littler ones are harder to hit. Here's wishing you and everyone else on the Down Low a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to everyone still in the playoffs. :)

Showtime33
11-28-2002, 12:52 PM
How can you say Forney is a better team without Blanton? That's like saying the Bulls were a better team after Jordan left, or the Lakers are better without Shaq. Blanton did a lot for that Forney offense, and for the entire football program. He basically put Forney football on the map. Before he came along, Forney hadn't won a football playoff game since 1995. Maybe the coaches are responsible for not mixing it up a bit. I'm sorry, but when you have a player with that much talent on the team, there is no reason you shouldn't win state. There's no way La Grange was a better team without Gunn because with Gunn in there, they won the state title, without him they didn't. Both teams are still great teams without these two stars, but I don't see anyone on here, if given the choice wouldn't want these two guys back on their respective teams.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Man from listening to all of you it seems that Atlanta hasnt got a chance. But hey that is ok though. Most people were picking against us last week also. So maybe most of you will be wronge again. Either way this is gonna be a great game. Both schools are playing good right now and both will be fired up. But I am still going to stick with my boys and say they win this one.
Atlanta 24
Forney 17

Fahq07
11-28-2002, 03:51 PM
i agree with showtime, that team was definitely better, put it on the coaches are for not mixing it up. This years team is a great one though, and hopefully they show what they got friday night at 7:30.

sntnpirate1316
11-28-2002, 04:38 PM
i think forney will win
but i think they will lose to Everman
on the other side i hope sinton beats burnet but it could go either way
the winner of the sinon/burnet game will win state
good luck to all teams in the playoffs!
whats wrong with students posting?
just wondering...

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Well it came right down to the wire in Region II. The 2 best teams, by far, meet for the Region II Championship. I still have to go with Forney, they played the most consistently poised games, and the toughest route to this point in the bracketing.

<small>[ November 28, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Jimbotex40
11-28-2002, 10:15 PM
fahq, you said that you find me annoying, and i thought that you were jason bryant, cuz i remember that he thought that i was annoying also.

but since you are not jason bryant i was wondering who you are?

Rabbit'93
11-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Showtime I disagree with you about Blanton putting Forney football on the map. To me that is a knock against anyone who has ever put a Forney uniform on. Forney has had excellent playoff runs in the '50s, '60, '80s, and '90s. Guess you never heard of Joe Ransom. He led the entire state of texas in rushing in 1980. I don't think even Blanton can put that on his resume.

aamove
11-29-2002, 01:02 AM
Showtime33, where in my post did I say that this years team is any beter than the 2000 team w/Blanton. I just said that it is not quite as easy to pin down what makes this years team good.
To say that the 2000 team was better, before the season is over, is a slam to this years team. That is, if you judge a team by their final standings in any given year.
I loved watching Blanton run and the little I saw of Gunn I found him an amazing QB. My statement was more one of appreciation for the hard work and accomplishment this years team has made. Would I wish for Blanton to be here again this year, you bet. He was the best runner I've ever seen. He provided a lot of good memories for me and if your post is any indication for a lot of other people as well.
But, this year's run is even more special to me because they've proved to a lot of narrow minded people that Forney is not just a one man wonder. I hope for another title game this year. And if not this year, maybe next year.
A great man once said." I will let the past be the past and look to the future, because that's where I plan to spend the rest of my life."

<small>[ November 29, 2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: aamove ]</small>

Showtime33
11-29-2002, 02:01 AM
You're right, I never have heard of Joe Ransom, and I'd be willing to bet that more people on here have heard of Dabryan Blanton than have heard of Joe Ransom. You say Blanton can't put that he led the State of Texas in rushing, but can Joe Ransom put on his that he took Forney to a state championship game? Not to mention, Blanton was considered one of the fastest kids in the nation.

jason
11-29-2002, 06:45 AM
you talking to me fahq7 ???

Rabbit'93
11-29-2002, 10:21 AM
I think the number of ways that a person can get info now might have something to do with that. ie. this board and others. Twenty years from now a person such as yourself might say "i've never heard of Blanton". It might be a case of living in the now. Which isn't bad. I just think that there are hundreds of other young men that have contributed to putting Forney on the football map. Oh and you're right Joe never did make it to the finals. His team fell one game short of it.

Jimbo4prez
11-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Ok the dude from G-ville with that thinks he knows everything, you say that Atlanta played you harder than Forney. Well that does make sense since obviously a 2nd round playoff game is more important than a scrimmage. At least in the playoff game ya'll actually scored since I was informed that ya'll were quite handilly shut out by the Forney D in the scrimmage. So stop your whining and start your basketball season.

jrabbit02
11-29-2002, 11:28 AM
i want to wish both teams goodluck tonight. but i hope forney pulls away with it.

Keith7
11-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Jimbo4prez:
Ok the dude from G-ville with that thinks he knows everything, you say that Atlanta played you harder than Forney. Well that does make sense since obviously a 2nd round playoff game is more important than a scrimmage. At least in the playoff game ya'll actually scored since I was informed that ya'll were quite handilly shut out by the Forney D in the scrimmage. So stop your whining and start your basketball season.During the scrimmage against forney, the score was actually 3-1 with forney winning.. but Forney scored on our 2nd team defenses, and our offense only had 6 plays on at the time, if that tells you anything about Gainesville's performance at the scrimmage

Jimbotex40
11-29-2002, 12:59 PM
hello keith7: i would like to bash down and correct the previous statement that you just made.

it was 3-1, but yalls only score was against our 2nd D, and i know for sure that we scored at least once on yall's 1st D

Rabbit'93
11-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Who cares what happened in a scrimmage over 10 weeks ago.

crzyjournalist03
11-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Well, I've finally decided on a prediction for the game:

Forney 27
Atlanta 16

There just seems to be really good vibes coming from Forney right now. I look for them to come out with a purpose and take control of this game early.

And in response to the scrimmage, who cares? That meant nothing.

JacksandEagles
11-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Joe Ransom led ALL of the state of Texas, not just high school, but college and PROS. What a great athlete. Wish he could have been prepared for the academic-side of college. He would have been another Earl or Ricky; yes, he was that good and only behind an offensive line of high school, hard-nosed, overachievers! No telling what he would have done getting out of Forney. OU, TX and the likes wanted him, but . . . I guess we'll never know what he would have done behind an offensive line of 300 pounders. Can't wait to see what DaBryan will do. I'm glad he was able to go on and pursue a great education at a D1 school. I'm looking forward to him making Forney's name even bigger! Good luck DaBryan.
Good luck Forney! You Jackrabbits make us proud!

crzyjournalist03
11-29-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, we all wish Blanton the best of luck in college, but we'll probably never know what he could do behind a strong offensive line. OU plans to move him to WR -- he's "too small" to play running back in college.