15. Andrews
16. El Campo
17. Silsbee
18. Stafford
19. Mineral Wells
20. Levelland

slingshot
06-30-2016, 02:03 PM
La Vega #6 :confused: Not sure about that...

Rabid Cougar
06-30-2016, 02:08 PM

These things do not matter. It isn't the NCAA.

Again...three Top 10s in one district. Care to guess which one?

Bosqueville
06-30-2016, 02:10 PM

Incredible talent in this district.

Bosqueville
06-30-2016, 02:10 PM

Wylie at #5... really not sure about that.

HEMOTOXIC
06-30-2016, 02:44 PM
I may be wrong, but Navasota is way too high.

slingshot
06-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Wylie at #5... really not sure about that.:rolleyes: I meant LV should probably be #1... Wylie's about right @ #5. We will be very good this year and challenge Argyle for the Region 1 title, returning a lot from a good Semifinalist team last year and still have our coaching staff.

Bosqueville
06-30-2016, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes: I meant LV should probably be #1... Wylie's about right @ #5. We will be very good this year and challenge Argyle for the Region 1 title, returning a lot from a good Semifinalist team last year and still have our coaching staff.

Oh... I was thinking Wylie should be lower. :devil:

Rocket Man
06-30-2016, 03:48 PM

And just think, if Robinson was still in the district there'd ...........

still be 3 top ten teams (with Lampasas out & Robinson in)................just funning on a lazy Thursday that feels like Friday afternoon.

slingshot
06-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Oh... I was thinking Wylie should be lower. :devil:All I know is we would beat your a$$... :taunt:

ctown81
07-01-2016, 12:19 PM

I was thinking the same.

bearbear78
07-03-2016, 05:44 PM
For some reason LV just reminds me of that Fairfield team a couple years ago. I don't see them as a top contender this year. Argyle and Wylie I think will be really tough in D1

slingshot
07-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Wylie as always has a lot of new starters. New starting QB, RB, WR, 4 O-linemen... the ones coming in are very talented and will be just fine but I do suspect it will take several games for the offense to round into shape. Defense will be salty from the start. We will be a tough out come playoff time.

toddg
07-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Hope everyone had a good 4th of July weekend..been busy with the oldest going to Aggieland this fall!!
But, I still have 2 more here in Alvarado! Not suprised with Alvarado being 13 in this poll..will be our best team since 2011 and really looking fwd to see what happens with this bunch this season, should be fun!!

Rabid Cougar
07-05-2016, 10:26 AM
For some reason LV just reminds me of that Fairfield team a couple years ago. I don't see them as a top contender this year. Argyle and Wylie I think will be really tough in D1

Fairfield rode their running back to the finals. LaVega has nearly their entire team back... that's the difference.

Wayne
07-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Fairfield rode their running back to the finals. LaVega has nearly their entire team back... that's the difference.

LV lost the secondary, and that's gonna hurt them against a high powered offense.

mwrams
07-17-2016, 05:24 AM
LV lost the secondary, and that's gonna hurt them against a high powered offense.

Mineral Wells brings back the states leading tackler in Stephon Sandoval. Not to mention that high powered offense. Looking for good things from our Rams!!!!

d0tc0m
07-17-2016, 04:17 PM
I'll be interested to see how well Terrell does after dropping to 4A. The Tigers have talent for sure, and they play a decent schedule. We'll know more about them after that week two matchup with Kennedale.

Dawgs
07-19-2016, 10:56 AM
I'll be interested to see how well Terrell does after dropping to 4A. The Tigers have talent for sure, and they play a decent schedule. We'll know more about them after that week two matchup with Kennedale.

A lot of the schools that move down enjoy a ton of success the 1st couple of seasons. Then they kind of drop back with the rest of the pack after a couple years for whatever reason. Terrell went 3 rounds deep last year, and will be one of the biggest schools in 4a. Note that last season was the best they have had since the mid 90's as per FNF, but they return 11 starters. I look for them to make some noise for sure in Region 2.

toddg
07-19-2016, 12:25 PM
A lot of the schools that move down enjoy a ton of success the 1st couple of seasons. Then they kind of drop back with the rest of the pack after a couple years for whatever reason. Terrell went 3 rounds deep last year, and will be one of the biggest schools in 4a. Note that last season was the best they have had since the mid 90's as per FNF, but they return 11 starters. I look for them to make some noise for sure in Region 2.
kaufman beat them last year, but it will be interesting to see how they do in 4a

d0tc0m
07-19-2016, 02:55 PM

I agree, Dawgs. We've seen this with Stephenville, Kilgore, Henderson, etc. History has shown that those teams better get their licks in while/if they can, because the window - if ever open - doesn't stay open long in 4A.

d0tc0m
07-19-2016, 02:58 PM
kaufman beat them last year, but it will be interesting to see how they do in 4a

Sure. Kaufman was for real last year, though, and they'll be for real this year, too. In fact, that whole Region is downright nasty. You lose Argyle to Region I, but now, all of a sudden, you've got a power vacuum and teams like LE, Kennedale, Alvarado, Kaufman, Mineral Wells and now Terrell are all left to hash things out for a semifinal spot. It's going to be a fun season, for sure.

Dawgs
07-19-2016, 05:04 PM
I agree, Dawgs. We've seen this with Stephenville, Kilgore, Henderson, etc. History has shown that those teams better get their licks in while/if they can, because the window - if ever open - doesn't stay open long in 4A.

Exactly. I don't understand it. Not that the 3 you named (especially Stephenville and Kilgore) turned into bad programs, but the success they had year 1 and 2 made it look as if they would stay on top forever. Then they kind of just quietly fall back with the rest of the pack. Still good, but no better than the other top 20 programs. Strange, especially given the history of those 2 programs and the enrollment advantage. Even still this season for example, Kilgore has a 300+ enrollment advantage over Carthage. Which is substantial at this level. But you won't see it on the field. Has to be some way to explain it, but I don't know what it is.

Dawgs
07-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Sure. Kaufman was for real last year, though, and they'll be for real this year, too. In fact, that whole Region is downright nasty. You lose Argyle to Region I, but now, all of a sudden, you've got a power vacuum and teams like LE, Kennedale, Alvarado, Kaufman, Mineral Wells and now Terrell are all left to hash things out for a semifinal spot. It's going to be a fun season, for sure.

Still a strong region. Both D1 and D2 are loaded this year over all the regions. I don't like the split divisions, but this season it's really a shame. I would love to see the D1 and D2 teams mix it up in the playoffs.

Put a top 20 together regardless of D1 or D2, and it would be ridiculous this season.

slingshot
07-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Still a strong region. Both D1 and D2 are loaded this year over all the regions. I don't like the split divisions, but this season it's really a shame. I would love to see the D1 and D2 teams mix it up in the playoffs.

Put a top 20 together regardless of D1 or D2, and it would be ridiculous this season.True statements. The regions are probably more balanced this year then I've seen them... no more of this "Region I is weak" or "Region IV is weak". They are all going to be tough this year, anyone who gets out of their Region will be salty.

d0tc0m
07-19-2016, 10:04 PM
True statements. The regions are probably more balanced this year then I've seen them... no more of this "Region I is weak" or "Region IV is weak". They are all going to be tough this year, anyone who gets out of their Region will be salty.

This! I love the balance - especially as it is in D1.