PDA

View Full Version : Texas hires Tulane's David Pierce as new head baseball coach

Scoop27
06-29-2016, 10:29 AM
http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-hires-Tulanes-David-Pierce-as-its-next-baseball-coach-46028146?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=160629_093237_Texas%20Longhorns&utm_content=Link

Scoop27
06-29-2016, 12:12 PM
http://www.texassports.com/news/2016/6/29/david-pierce-named-texas-baseball-head-coach.aspx

XMan
06-29-2016, 02:08 PM
He has won everywhere he has been Im sure he will do fine as long as he does what Roger tells him to do. Will say that he is not a very dynamic clinic speaker but its all about recruiting and name dropping so he will be great in that dept. Texas could have saved a lot of time and energy and done like these 4a high schools do when it comes to baseball coaches. They should have just gotten someone from the football staff with a little baseball knowledge and the agreement that they would never win more than the football team.

bag-o-chips
07-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Asked a Friend of mine who follows Texas and he said he was their First Choice all along!

cookiemonster
07-03-2016, 08:43 AM
XMan where is that at? You are saying that they actually have some sort of formal agreement. We take our baseball serious and hire the best possible candidate to my knowledge.

duckhunter
07-04-2016, 08:44 PM
He has won everywhere he has been Im sure he will do fine as long as he does what Roger tells him to do. Will say that he is not a very dynamic clinic speaker but its all about recruiting and name dropping so he will be great in that dept. Texas could have saved a lot of time and energy and done like these 4a high schools do when it comes to baseball coaches. They should have just gotten someone from the football staff with a little baseball knowledge and the agreement that they would never win more than the football team.

I couldn't agree more. some things never change

Macarthur
07-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Asked a Friend of mine who follows Texas and he said he was their First Choice all along!

:spitlol::spitlol:

hookandladder
07-06-2016, 05:28 PM

You are correct, my backdoor neighbor played ball with Perice and still stays in contact with him. He was Perrin first choice however as normal a big time booster put a hold on hiring him right away, in the end all worked out well. Perice will do well, Omaha will still be the number one goal and it will happen with Perice . Hookem