PDA

View Full Version : The game you are looking forward to seeing next year

Indians212
06-23-2016, 12:04 PM
I have several Alvarado vs Brownwood and the Alvarado vs Kennedale.

greendawg84
06-23-2016, 01:23 PM
China Spring - La Vega , CS and Da Hill , Da Hill and La Vega !

WOS87
06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
WOS - Kennedale

Yoe_09
06-23-2016, 02:00 PM
1. China Spring/Cameron
2. Bellville/Cameron
3. Cameron/Franklin
4. Cameron/Rockdale

Rocket Man
06-23-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm so starved for football right now that I have to say ALL OF THEM!!

d0tc0m
06-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Any Celina game that I get to come back to Texas to watch! I gave up my sports writing gig here in Springfield, so I'm hoping I get to make it back to the Lone Star State a bit more this fall.

slingshot
06-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Wylie vs Argyle, Wylie vs Brownwood...

lostaussie
06-23-2016, 09:22 PM
:D The first one!!!

Snotbubbles
06-24-2016, 08:12 AM
4A Cuero @ 3A Yoakum, week 2. Good way to get the season started. Sure Cuero will have the edge being 4A and the depth, but---hear this Yoakum team is pretty salty. Wasn't Rick Owens the former HC of Cuero?

Rabid Cougar
06-24-2016, 08:55 AM
1. China Spring/Cameron
2. Bellville/Cameron
3. Cameron/Franklin
4. Cameron/Rockdale

CS going for three in a row huh?

Rabid Cougar
06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
CS vs LV
CS Vs LH
CS vs oYe

Will get to see none of them.

Yoe_09
06-24-2016, 09:10 AM
CS going for three in a row huh?

China Spring was the top team Cameron played all year in 2015 (yes, including the entire post-season IMO) and it could very well be the same case here in 2016. Winning is great, but if this schedule gets us to our 5th straight state championship (also, 6 out of the last 7) appearance, I don't think anyone around here is going to complain.

bd62
06-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Cuero-Yoakum
Cuero-Wharton
Yoakum-Hallettsville

Pudlugger
06-24-2016, 10:09 AM
La Grange Argyle
La Grange Giddings

Rabid Cougar
06-24-2016, 10:36 AM
China Spring was the top team Cameron played all year in 2015 (yes, including the entire post-season IMO) and it could very well be the same case here in 2016. Winning is great, but if this schedule gets us to our 5th straight state championship (also, 6 out of the last 7) appearance, I don't think anyone around here is going to complain.

Except Rhoads... He complained last year.... rather vehemently.....during the game...swore he would never play CS again......unless on a neutral site.

Yoe_09
06-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Except Rhoads... He complained last year.... rather vehemently.....during the game...swore he would never play CS again......unless on a neutral site.

Rhoades had never been more upset with officiating during that one. Would have been a great choice for the kickoff classic at Waco ISD. I think they have Marlin/Blooming Grove on Thursday night.

Rabid Cougar
06-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Rhoades had never been more upset with officiating during that one. Would have been a great choice for the kickoff classic at Waco ISD. I think they have Marlin/Blooming Grove on Thursday night.

Which is funny because the official has strong Cameron ties, probably even stronger than mine. His mother is from Cameron and his grandfathers old house used to be diagonally across the street from the rock gates on the Northwest side of Yoe Field. Went to many Yoeman games when he was growing up.

Of course my Dad says every call against Cameron is a bad call. Kind of like Joe and Ed on the radio.

Bosqueville
06-24-2016, 04:03 PM
China Spring VS La Vega!!! Revenge is sweet!

Yoe_09
06-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Which is funny because the official has strong Cameron ties, probably even stronger than mine. His mother is from Cameron and his grandfathers old house used to be diagonally across the street from the rock gates on the Northwest side of Yoe Field. Went to many Yoeman games when he was growing up.

Of course my Dad says every call against Cameron is a bad call. Kind of like Joe and Ed on the radio.

Your dad knows what he is talking about.

bobcat1
06-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Gilmer and Celina and then WOS and Celina:wave:

mwrams
06-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Mineral Wells vs Kennedale. Should be a barnburner.

regaleagle
06-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Argyle vs whoever else makes it all the way to the State Final, hahaha. Well......you asked which game I would look forward to most.

Eagle Nation
06-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Argyle vs whoever else makes it all the way to the State Final, hahaha. Well......you asked which game I would look forward to most.
👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS87
06-25-2016, 12:27 AM
Gilmer and Celina and then WOS and Celina:wave:

Pretty sure WOS would prefer to have another go at Gilmer. Personally I'd like to see Sweetwater - WOS in an all-Mustang Bowl but we prolly won't even make it out of the region this year. We tend to choke when we're favored.

SaltySixes
06-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Navarro vs Giddings
Navarro vs La Grange

Definitely the two I'm looking forward to the most!

d0tc0m
06-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Pretty sure WOS would prefer to have another go at Gilmer. Personally I'd like to see Sweetwater - WOS in an all-Mustang Bowl but we prolly won't even make it out of the region this year. We tend to choke when we're favored.

It'll take a hell of a team or a hell of a choke job to keep you guys from getting to Jerry's World.

d0tc0m
06-25-2016, 10:16 AM
Navarro vs Giddings
Navarro vs La Grange

Definitely the two I'm looking forward to the most!

Man, those will be a pair of fun ones. What does Navarro have coming back this year?

slingshot
06-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Man--all of these games look great. Can't wait for some top flite 4A Football!

pirate4state
06-25-2016, 07:56 PM
:D The first one!!!

Same. Gonna have a new look to our team this year. Will be interesting to see how the "young" kids respond.

Roughneck93
06-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Yup, the first one. And it's against Sweeny...even better.

WOS1
06-26-2016, 09:40 AM
WOS - Kennedale

+1... should be exciting. And I'll add WOS vs Nederland... Always love that game when it's a real game. My wish list would be WOS vs Cuero, again. Our toughest game in the playoffs last year IMO.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Same. Gonna have a new look to our team this year. Will be interesting to see how the "young" kids respond.passing offense this season? Receiving corp looks to be a good one this coming season but it all starts up front so hopefully that part is clicking by district.

Sinton at Wharton game looking forward to as Sinton will try and extend their 9th straight district title this upcoming season. Could be a 3 way tie again at the top maybe.

Hollyville
06-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Jackets down 377 to Brownwood. Jackets will win. The rivalry is back on.

toddg
06-27-2016, 04:11 PM
jackets down 377 to brownwood. Jackets will win. The rivalry is back on.

lol!!

slingshot
06-27-2016, 04:15 PM
Jackets down 377 to Brownwood. Jackets will win. The rivalry is back on....and both will lose to Wylie! That will be great battle for 2nd place.:taunt:

SaltySixes
06-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Man, those will be a pair of fun ones. What does Navarro have coming back this year?

Navarro will be reloaded again in 2016!
The offense will once again be led by a solid group of backs running behind the most over achieving group of O-lineman in the state. We also return our 3rd year starting QB.
As for the defense, we return many contributors from a stout D a year ago, led by our stud middle linebacker who has led the team in tackles since his freshman year.

Pudlugger
06-30-2016, 08:10 AM
Navarro will be reloaded again in 2016!
The offense will once again be led by a solid group of backs running behind the most over achieving group of O-lineman in the state. We also return our 3rd year starting QB.
As for the defense, we return many contributors from a stout D a year ago, led by our stud middle linebacker who has led the team in tackles since his freshman year.

My understanding is that Navarro likes to run the ball. How effective is their passing game? The only teams that beat LG last season did so by passing the ball a lot. The Lep defensive secondary was our weakness in 2015. I suspect the coaches have been very busy remedying that for this season. Most of our secondary return this year and should be improved as seniors with 2 or 3 years experience. Our D is solid against the run. If our defense tightens up to present a full package this year we should do very well as the Lep offense will be loaded.

SaltySixes
06-30-2016, 05:36 PM
My understanding is that Navarro likes to run the ball. How effective is their passing game? The only teams that beat LG last season did so by passing the ball a lot. The Lep defensive secondary was our weakness in 2015. I suspect the coaches have been very busy remedying that for this season. Most of our secondary return this year and should be improved as seniors with 2 or 3 years experience. Our D is solid against the run. If our defense tightens up to present a full package this year we should do very well as the Lep offense will be loaded.

Navarro does run the ball, thats no secret! However, like all football teams the run sets up the pass. This allows our passing game to be very effective as well. Not to mention our QB has been the varstity starter since the beginning of district play his freshman year. (he'll be a junior this year)...
...the leps seem like a top notch team, with an all world RB. I got to see the LG vs Columbus game last year during our bye week, and the you guys were able to come away with a pic six so im suprised to hear that the secondary was actually not so good. Thanks for the info ;)

buckeyebob
06-30-2016, 10:47 PM
Buckeyes travel to Carthage Sept 17th (Saturday) 7PM...live broadcast by KYKX...packed house & loud,,,it will be loaded with Tadumbs...some will suit up...loud & proud...fine East Texas Football

Pudlugger
07-01-2016, 06:15 AM
Navarro does run the ball, thats no secret! However, like all football teams the run sets up the pass. This allows our passing game to be very effective as well. Not to mention our QB has been the varstity starter since the beginning of district play his freshman year. (he'll be a junior this year)...
...the leps seem like a top notch team, with an all world RB. I got to see the LG vs Columbus game last year during our bye week, and the you guys were able to come away with a pic six so im suprised to hear that the secondary was actually not so good. Thanks for the info ;)

Well Columbus was running the Veer offense last year under coach Valastro and not really a passing team. Fredericksburg had a stellar qb(out with an injury after our game) and a couple of WR that tore us a new one. Caldwell had two outstanding WR both very tall and fast and a Qb who was patient and picked us apart all night. Giddings well they were Giddings and just kept our D on their heals with their ability to make the big plays. Wharton made the big plays with their speed and athletic receivers as well. We lost two close ones against the Hornets and the Tigers and got beat pretty convincingly by the Billies and Buffaloes. It was a frustrating experience for our team and I know that they will be primed and pumped for a better run this yeart with the large core of seniors returning. We will find out early as we start out with LH,Argyle then La Vernia and Navarro.

Rocket Man
07-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Correct my maths if I'm wrong, but from today we are 53 days away from Friday Night Lights 2016 kickoff!!

Rabid Cougar
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Correct my maths if I'm wrong, but from today we are 53 days away from Friday Night Lights 2016 kickoff!!

42 Days until the first scrimmage.

Rocket Man
07-06-2016, 09:22 AM
42 Days until the first scrimmage.

Even better!!

LH Panther Mom
07-09-2016, 11:45 AM
The first game... :D

Lion70
07-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Week 2 Henderson vs Tatum first ever meeting in the same county.
Of course Henderson vs ATLANTA to open up the season will be great.

bwdlionfan
07-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Jackets down 377 to Brownwood. Jackets will win. The rivalry is back on.

There won't be much action that night in Brownwood. The game is in Stephenville again this year. You might would rather be in Brownwood though than watch another stomping like you saw last year.

slingshot
07-11-2016, 09:56 AM
There won't be much action that night in Brownwood. The game is in Stephenville again this year. You might would rather be in Brownwood though than watch another stomping like you saw last year.
Love it! I miss them good ole' BWD vs S'VILLE smack talk... Guess VILLE is still under his rock (or having to go to Jr High summer school :confused:).

hollywood
07-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Wylie vs Argyle, Wylie vs Brownwood...

Brownwood? They will be a cake walk this season. Argyle, that's a must see.

buckeyebob
07-13-2016, 10:12 AM
For those close enough...

Buckeyes meet Liberty Eylau on Thursday, August 25th, 7PM, @ trinity Mother Francis in Tyler...first real game in Texas for 2016...it should be a good one...David vs Goliath

d0tc0m
07-13-2016, 12:21 PM
For those close enough...

Buckeyes meet Liberty Eylau on Thursday, August 25th, 7PM, @ trinity Mother Francis in Tyler...first real game in Texas for 2016...it should be a good one...David vs Goliath

LOL David vs. Goliath? Who's who?