PDA

View Full Version : Jasper baseball?

XMan
06-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Has Jasper been able to secure a new coach? Are they trying to coax Mixon back, or what is taking so long. Couple weeks and it will be tough to get out of contracts. Word in the pines was that they were after a real slam dunk prospect but now the trail has gone cold. Everyone must be too busy fishing the big lakes. Give us some scoop.

WOS1
06-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Has Jasper been able to secure a new coach? Are they trying to coax Mixon back, or what is taking so long. Couple weeks and it will be tough to get out of contracts. Word in the pines was that they were after a real slam dunk prospect but now the trail has gone cold. Everyone must be too busy fishing the big lakes. Give us some scoop.

I don't know if he's the guy you're talking about, but they hired Coach Stephen Westbrook from WOS. He was the head coach here several years ago and has been back as an assistant for 3 years. This was a great choice on Jasper's part. I sure hate to see Brook go, though.

XMan
06-26-2016, 12:47 PM
I had heard that they were trying to get the guy that took Texarkana Pleasant Grove to the state tournament numerous times. Looks like they didnt get him but they still got a good one. Good luck to the Bulldogs.