5.Commerce
6.Forney
7.Tyler Chapel Hill
8.Lindale
9.Gladewater
10.Celina

Matthew328
07-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Carthage at number one?? Lemme guess you are from Cartahge..
Let's be realistic...do you think 3A is that weak?? I have said it before and I'll say it again..bad 4A's don't become great 3A teams in one year....yes Carthage has tradition and a lot of guys back...but those guys that were back went 1-9 last year...come one now..don't have Carthage blinders on..be realistic..please tell us what makes you think Carthage is number on in Region 2..

Chris Hart
07-28-2002, 08:59 PM
RandomJoker, You must be crazy, I believe every one of the teams you mentioned would beat Carthage and most of them would beat them pretty handily.I know there is no way of them meeting this year, unless they meet in pre-dist(I don't know), but I believe even Celina would win a close ballgame against them.On the other hand I love the way you support your team, I wouldn't have it any other way.Although sometimes you need to jump back into reality.lol

------------------
Big Green Dawg

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited July 28, 2002).]

Random Joker
07-28-2002, 09:21 PM
I put Carthage at #1 out of pride but I do believe they are top 10 team in region 2.

Matthew328
07-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Out of pride?? OK well you gotta have something better than that...pride doesn't get you far when the games start...

Random Joker
07-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Carthage has alot of guys coming back, most of their good players were juniors and sophomores last year. Yea they went 1-9 last year but the difference between a sophomore and a junior is significant. Along with tradition, That's why I think Carthage is a top 10 team in Region 2.

Matthew328
07-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Ok well at least you had a lil more than pride..I believe Carthage will be much better and compete for a playoff spot...but I don't think they are gonna be elite..which being rated number one in Region 2 would make you..the difference between top 3A's and most good 4A's is not much...and there are a ton of good teams in Region 2..

Random Joker
07-29-2002, 11:32 AM
What do u think about district 16? I think Chapel Hill will have the 1st playoff spot. I think Tatum will surprise some people because of the speed their team has. I figure Carthage will be a round 1 or 2 playoff team. Rusk, Center, and Bullard will not be playoff teams.

Matthew328
07-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Chapel Hill should win the district...they seem to have the most talent and with Gatewood moving to QB they'll have the ball in the hands of their best player all the time...the last 2 spots are totally up for grabs..Tatum, Carthage, and Rusk and Center will compete..I think Center could sneak up on everyone..they were 4-6 last year but have back 17 starters including stud running back in Handy..Tatum should put up a bunch of points and they'll be there..Carthage has the numbers coming down from 4A and with 15 starters back I think they'll get a playoff spot..and don't count Rusk out..they have back 9 on defense and they always have some offensive talent...my predictions

1. Chapel Hill
2. Center
3. Carthage
4. Tatum
5. Rusk
6. Bullard

This district is one of the toughest in the state to call..

Random Joker
07-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Yea, that seems about right.

LEFootballsr03
08-18-2002, 08:49 PM
I think that most people under estimate the teams in district 12-3A. Watch for the winner of this district to go deep this year.
The district title is gonna come down to Atlanta and Liberty-Eylau. Look for New Boston to go to the playoffs this year, and don't expect to much out of Danigerfield; they are over rated this year.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
08-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Man LEFootballfan your the first to say it isnt going to be either Atlanta or Daingerfield. But hey I think the third playoff spot will go to either L-E or New Boston. N-B turned alot of heards last year and will be more fired up this year. But either way who ever wins this district is gonna have a hard time doing it.

eye of the tiger
08-19-2002, 12:40 PM
I think Atlanta takes this district and goes deep in the playoffs this year. Maybe all the way.

The_Ref
08-21-2002, 11:20 PM
The Districts will sure come to a close nudge in both the North and the South District. In a way i am glad to see that some of the competition has changed up but just as much it was the same. I look to see my pics for the top 3 in the North and South districts would be in the North, Daingerfield, Atlanta and New Boston. I figure that Atlanta will win DIV 1 and go deep in to the play offs while D-Field wins DIV 2 bid and goes in not quite as far. In the South Division I have Tyler Chapel Hill to win DIV 1 bid and the other 2 spots will be between Center, Carthage, and Tatum. This district will be a tough one to call. Let me know what you think. It will be pretty intresting this year.

Jacket2000
08-22-2002, 12:06 AM
Well,my predictions are on the region 2 and district 12-3a pages, but I'll post'em anyway. I think Daingerfield squeeks by Atlanta and takes the district crown, Atlanta easily takes 2nd, and the 3rd place spot is decided when LE plays Queen City. Since I had to pick one, I went with LE, but I wouldnt put any money on it.
Nevertheless, Im picking Daingerfield to win it all in div2, and if LE skips out on the playoffs again, Atlanta could take the div1 crown. If not, then we could see an Atlanta/Daingerfield rematch in Week 14.
J2K