PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Baseball

XMan
06-21-2016, 07:02 PM
The old woman selling bait down by the Colorado River told me that Columbus is bringing in a new baseball coach for the 2017 season. Reportedly, an assistant from Brazos in '16. Brazos went 6-14 last season. Maybe teetle or duckhunter can give us some more info.

Scoop27
06-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Brazos was in a tough district the past several years with East Bernard, Boling and Danbury

XMan
06-21-2016, 08:32 PM
That is correct, Scoop.

XMan
06-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Evidently, I spoke too soon. Looks like the deal fell through. Looks like Ctown is still looking for a head baseball coach.

XMan
07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Columbus reportedly has hired Keith Humphreys who was an assistant at Conroe High last year. His dad was a long time baseball coach at Spring High and coached Josh Beckett. His brother, Kyle, is not the head baseball coach at Katy Tompkins. Comes from a good baseball family and could be a real slam dunk for the Ctowners.

duckhunter
07-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Columbus reportedly has hired Keith Humphreys who was an assistant at Conroe High last year. His dad was a long time baseball coach at Spring High and coached Josh Beckett. His brother, Kyle, is not the head baseball coach at Katy Tompkins. Comes from a good baseball family and could be a real slam dunk for the Ctowners.
I've heard the same thing X. Problem is Columbus has slowly turned in to a crap hole. Id expect him to stay a year, two at the most and then leave. The baseball talent is nothing like the old days. And the drama and all that comes with Columbus isn't worth it for most coaches. The singing cowboy will be coaching the boys again sooner rather than later.

XMan
07-05-2016, 04:46 AM
I did see where they have a left handed pitcher that has garnered some attention from some big time D1 programs, but that is one player. Hopefully, he can get through football season without injuries.

Scoop27
07-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Radio Station KULM out of Columbus used to broadcast a lot of games but I don't think they did any this season unless maybe a playoff game

NastySlot
07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
I did see where they have a left handed pitcher that has garnered some attention from some big time D1 programs, but that is one player. Hopefully, he can get through football season without injuries.

isn't this the kid that committed to A&M last week?