PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline's Best Defensive Players in 2016 Show

Gsquared
06-13-2016, 11:16 AM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2016/06/s2s-top-defensive-prospects-of-2016/

slingshot
06-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Maybe I missed it (had to skip around, don't have and hour and a half to listen to the whole broadcast), but if Deion Novell from Wylie is not listed in the top defensive players for 2016 you missed the boat. 6'3", 250, strong and fast. Has to be doubled every play and usually chipped by a RB or he wrecks your offense. Definitely the best player returning for us in a strong returning group.

Gsquared
06-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Maybe I missed it (had to skip around, don't have and hour and a half to listen to the whole broadcast), but if Deion Novell from Wylie is not listed in the top defensive players for 2016 you missed the boat. 6'3", 250, strong and fast. Has to be doubled every play and usually chipped by a RB or he wrecks your offense. Definitely the best player returning for us in a strong returning group.

That's my bad, I thought Novell graduated

slingshot
06-13-2016, 02:15 PM
That's my bad, I thought Novell graduatedHis younger brother Josh did--he was a 5'10", 160 lb speedster that played corner. He was good but Deion is a monster...

slingshot
06-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Here you go--I shortchanged him, actually 6'4" and 255 lbs... still growing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJQx7nvwfQ

Gsquared
06-14-2016, 06:35 AM
Hoss!

Saggy Aggie
06-14-2016, 11:24 AM
His younger brother Josh did--he was a 5'10", 160 lb speedster that played corner. He was good but Deion is a monster...

How exactly does a person's younger brother graduate before the older brother?

slingshot
06-14-2016, 11:52 AM
How exactly does a person's younger brother graduate before the older brother?My mistake--older (but smaller) brother graduated... Duhhh.:crazy1:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-14-2016, 11:53 AM
How exactly does a person's younger brother graduate before the older brother?:D I was wondering the same thing yesterday.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-14-2016, 11:54 AM
My mistake--older (but smaller) brother graduated... Duhhh.:crazy1:

Thought so didn't ask but since Saggy did ....

Gsquared
06-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Well, it is Taylor County!! hahaha , I kid I kid

slingshot
06-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Well, it is Taylor County!! hahaha , I kid I kidTrue, True... They are both great young men. Very humble, well mannered, active in community causes. Just funny to see them together--older brother 5'10"/160, younger brother 6'4"/255. We have been truly blessed that they literally dropped into our school and athletic programs two years ago when they moved from Florida. Josh started at CB on our State Semifinalist team in football, point guard on our Regional Tournament qualifying basketball team and ran the 100 and anchored our State Track Meet qualifying 400 relay team. Dion started at DE in football and post in basketball. He may be a better basketball player than he is in football!

Funniest quote about Dion--after the Graham game last year one of their assistants asked me "Please tell me he's a senior?". When I informed him Dion was a Junior he replied "That's a DI football player right there, we could not block him... ".

Gsquared
06-14-2016, 03:04 PM
True, True... They are both great young men. Very humble, well mannered, active in community causes. Just funny to see them together--older brother 5'10"/160, younger brother 6'4"/255. We have been truly blessed that they literally dropped into our school and athletic programs two years ago when they moved from Florida. Josh started at CB on our State Semifinalist team in football, point guard on our Regional Tournament qualifying basketball team and ran the 100 and anchored our State Track Meet qualifying 400 relay team. Dion started at DE in football and post in basketball. He may be a better basketball player than he is in football!

Funniest quote about Dion--after the Graham game last year one of their assistants asked me "Please tell me he's a senior?". When I informed him Dion was a Junior he replied "That's a DI football player right there, we could not block him... ".

Holy crap, I just got through watching some tape on him, geez, that kid is a terror! Kind of feel like an idiot confusing him for his brother and thinking he graduated. Kid has FBS written all over him.

YTBulldogs
06-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Silas Robinson (junior) will not be a LB'er at Yoakum. He'll be a DL/OL. Also, the corners will be held down by the (junior)Twins, Jordan and Josh Moore. Great addition we just received, Sinton transfer in, senior to be -- Ethan Owens RB/LB.

buckeyebob
06-15-2016, 07:47 PM

one is a Skill Player & the other is an Offensive Lineman