PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 Pool Stacking

Yoe_09
06-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Over the years, we have heard more and more about pool stacking and it seems to spike this time of the year. To me, hosting a 7 on 7 SQT and playing at your home field is where the advantage should end.

Wound't it be easy for the Texas State 7 on 7 Association to randomly formulate these pools like they do for state? It would not be very time consuming.

Matthew328
06-12-2016, 09:23 AM
You can't totally do a random formula at SQTs because you have qualifiers involved, you dont want to have a pool with 2 qualifiers and then the other pools have none....I think setting the qualifiers in pools first to ensure balance and then a random formula or a 3rd party setting the pools would be best..

WOS1
06-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Over the years, we have heard more and more about pool stakcing and it seems to spike this time of the year. To me, hosting a 7 on 7 SQT and playing at your home field is where the advantage should end.

Wound't it be easy for the Texas State 7 on 7 Association to randomly formulate these pools like they do for state? It would not be very time consuming.

It happens... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Yoe_09
06-12-2016, 05:23 PM
You can't totally do a random formula at SQTs because you have qualifiers involved, you dont want to have a pool with 2 qualifiers and then the other pools have none....I think setting the qualifiers in pools first to ensure balance and then a random formula or a 3rd party setting the pools would be best..

Understandable and I agree. If you have 12 teams involved in a qualifier and 4 have already qualified, set those 4 in their own pool and then randomly formulate the others. The other two pools play it out like normal.

Another example: If you have 2 teams already qualified in an eight team tourney, they should be drawn separately, with one going in each pool. If you have an odd number with an even numbers of pools, there is nothing you can do about that.

buckeyebob
06-12-2016, 09:17 PM
The UIL will straighten it out.