PDA

View Full Version : Texas offers Moore twins

Gobbler Fan
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
http://www.burntorangenation.com/recruiting/2016/6/5/11863078/texas-longhorns-offer-2018-yoakum-brothers-joshua-and-jordan-moore

Congratulations on the Texas offer. Yoakum is going to be hell in 3a next year with the addition of Coach Owens moving there to Coach and bringing Ethan and the family with him from Sinton.

SaltySixes
06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
http://www.burntorangenation.com/recruiting/2016/6/5/11863078/texas-longhorns-offer-2018-yoakum-brothers-joshua-and-jordan-moore

Congratulations on the Texas offer. Yoakum is going to be hell in 3a next year with the addition of Coach Owens moving there to Coach and bringing Ethan and the family with him from Sinton.

I saw Josh talking to coach Traylor right after the mini camp ended today, definitely saw this coming!

YTBulldogs
06-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Si Robinson (OL/DL) has been getting the same offers as twins. He'll be a junior as well. Daddy has some pull with UT I bet.;) Another to be junior got a offer 2 weeks ago from Lamar. Add Ethan (he'll draw some D1 interest) we have been very blessed for sure. Now, get them to produce together. I think we'll finally have the makings of a pretty good OL. Young, but sure have been working hard. Tre Smith (soph to be) will be a force. Lost some weight, stronger, quick first 5 yards and just a beast.

Yoakum don't make noise in playoff's, not sure they ever well. Sure lined up (classification) well for them next couple years. Being in that tough 4A district past two years, should do them well in being prepared for the likes of HV and Edna, and not overlooking anyone.

bluecat
06-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Si Robinson (OL/DL) has been getting the same offers as twins. He'll be a junior as well. Daddy has some pull with UT I bet.;) Another to be junior got a offer 2 weeks ago from Lamar. Add Ethan (he'll draw some D1 interest) we have been very blessed for sure. Now, get them to produce together. I think we'll finally have the makings of a pretty good OL. Young, but sure have been working hard. Tre Smith (soph to be) will be a force. Lost some weight, stronger, quick first 5 yards and just a beast.

Yoakum don't make noise in playoff's, not sure they ever well. Sure lined up (classification) well for them next couple years. Being in that tough 4A district past two years, should do them well in being prepared for the likes of HV and Edna, and not overlooking anyone.

YTB, this is almost the exact spot that Yoakum was in in 1976/1977 when Yoakum finally dropped down a classification and tore up the competition. In 1976 we went to the qtr finals and in 1977 we went to the semi-finals and lost a heart breaker to Bellville after having 3 TD"s called back by the refs. We beat the hell out of Bellville everywhere by the scoreboard. The 1977 team was a hell of a a good team. Yoakum has the talent to do great things next season!

bd62
06-06-2016, 11:47 PM
I saw every game on those 1976,1977 teams. What a joy to watch. ( let's u know how old I am)They had more speed than any team in there class and more speed than any Yoakum team since. They ran a 42 second 400 yd relay at State Meet and I believe it's still a Yoakum School Record. The 2015 track team came close but I don't think they hit 42 seconds. In my opinion David Sorrell was the best running back and athlete Yoakum had in those years.
He was in same class as an athlete as Tre'Vonate Hights who will make waves at TCU as a Red Shirt Freshman as a Wide Receiver this coming year and Keith Ratley who had lots of playing time at Texas A&M and will be a junior this year as a wide receiver.
These kids on the teams the next few years will have to work very hard to get to the level to make a deep run in playoffs . They can not let these D-1 offers by all those guys get to there head or they will have a big surprise coming. They have a schedule of teams in non dist that will smack them in the month and that will bring reality to them. It will be good learning lesson before they start dist against a loaded Hsllettsville team.
That's why I think Coach Robinson schedule such a tough non dist schedule.
He did same thing at LaVernia and his teams were very well prepared by dist.

bluecat
06-08-2016, 11:11 PM
I saw every game on those 1976,1977 teams. What a joy to watch. ( let's u know how old I am)They had more speed than any team in there class and more speed than any Yoakum team since. They ran a 42 second 400 yd relay at State Meet and I believe it's still a Yoakum School Record. The 2015 track team came close but I don't think they hit 42 seconds. In my opinion David Sorrell was the best running back and athlete Yoakum had in those years.
He was in same class as an athlete as Tre'Vonate Hights who will make waves at TCU as a Red Shirt Freshman as a Wide Receiver this coming year and Keith Ratley who had lots of playing time at Texas A&M and will be a junior this year as a wide receiver.
These kids on the teams the next few years will have to work very hard to get to the level to make a deep run in playoffs . They can not let these D-1 offers by all those guys get to there head or they will have a big surprise coming. They have a schedule of teams in non dist that will smack them in the month and that will bring reality to them. It will be good learning lesson before they start dist against a loaded Hsllettsville team.
That's why I think Coach Robinson schedule such a tough non dist schedule.
He did same thing at LaVernia and his teams were very well prepared by dist.

I was at that state meet in 1977 and got to see some amazing athletes that day. Got to see Carl Williams out of West Columbia run a then national record 9.199 100 yd dash record. They rounded it off to a 9.2 and David Sorrell ran a 9.5 which was still damned fast. Johnny Lam Jones even came down out of the stands to congratulate Carl, because he broke his university record in that run. Good stuff!