PDA

View Full Version : Bellville baseball

XMan
06-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Got a report that Coach Litton has left Bellville after 1 season. Is this true, where did he go? Bellville had 2 baseball coaches in 40 years and now its like a merry go round here lately. Any info?

OLE'BULL
06-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Oh no! I hope this isn't true, I think Litton was going to be a good one. Well, maybe that's why someone else scooped him up. Do you know where he is heading? Since its so late in the year, aren't a lot of the good coaching prospects already scooped up, or is that just football coaches?

Scoop27
06-06-2016, 04:14 PM
A coaching buddy of mine looked on the Texas High School Coaches Association website under job listings and he said there was only an assistant baseball coaches listed for they were looking for

XMan
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Well, since no one knew anything, I made the long drive to Bellville and stopped in at the feed store to get some info. Used to could go to Lange's #1 or #2 and get scoop, but they closed shop. Anyhow, word is that coach Litton (head coach) hooked em for Livingston of all places. He is from up that way somewhere. The assistant coach took off and went back towards Arkansas. So, not sure who will be herding the Bulls this year. If anyone else knows more (formerbellvillebrahma) let us know.

XMan
06-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Evidently, no one knows or cares. Lets just hope they can get someone in there that knows the slot t and wont put too much importance on baseball.

OLE'BULL
06-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Confirmed it Tuesday and forgot to respond! Yep, he is gone to Livingston. He is from the area so I guess he couldn't pass it up. I understand but at the same time, he could have given us more than a year after taking a chance on a young assistant coach. They already have some replacements on the radar but I wouldn't mind having ex Brahma stud Chris Nolen come take over. I'm not even sure if he is still coaching baseball but if so, he would be a HUGE asset to the baseball AND football program. He was an assistant varsity FB coach when I was around and also with the BB program. I hope Litton makes it work in Livingston. He is taking a big chance going back home this early in his career. If he doesn't produce he may get run off and not ever welcomed back. I would rather go back home after I was established so I was secure and could retire back home. Another HUGE loss this year is coach Doty, I'm much more bummed out about losing him to New Caney. He will be the head basketball coach, I think that is his true love. He was the head basketball coach and RB's coach for the FB team. He made Bellville basketball semi-relavent again and we all know what kind of high school RB's Bellville has put out there on Friday night. They were a good family and he truly cared about the kids. He was very involved from day one with the whole school district all the way down to the elementary school. I really wish the best for him, I could care less what happens to Litton. We shouldn't have a problem finding either replacement though. Stay tuned Brahma fans, less than 2 months until summer camp kicks off. Hopefully all the good FB coaches haven't been scooped up already!

OLE'BULL
06-17-2016, 07:05 PM
Jeff Durbin will be the new Head Baseball Coach. I am not over the moon excited about this one, I am certain we could have done better if the job would have become available sooner. I think all the best available ball coaches have probably already signed on with their new schools. Durbin is already on the Brahma staff and was an assistant under David Cerny, so that makes me feel MUCH better about it. I don't know enough about him to feel good or bad about it. Though that does concern me as I am fairly familiar with the current Brahma staff to know this isn't what I would have expected. I will be his biggest fan though and hope he knocks it out of the park (pun intended!). If Rowe has enough faith in him to give him the job, and has already served under Cerny, and Rowe in other roles, than that is more than good enough for me! Good luck to Coach Durbin and the rest of the Brahma baseballers! BUT worry about baseball in the Spring cuz football season is damn near here! Go Brahmas!

XMan
06-18-2016, 05:48 AM
My sources also confirm this. The job was never posted or advertised, ie, no outside applications were solicited/taken. Good luck to coach Durbin.

duckhunter
06-22-2016, 03:49 PM
My sources also confirm this. The job was never posted or advertised, ie, no outside applications were solicited/taken. Good luck to coach Durbin.

That's a shame because I know their are some qualified coaches out there who would've loved a shot at the job and would've applied. I have no idea about this Derbin fellow, hopefully he isn't just a yessir guy to Rowe and actually cares about the baseball program and can keep it where it has always been, at the top.

It's still a shame Bellville lost Cerny the way they did. He was too good of a man and coach to be treated like he was....