PDA

View Full Version : Another flood coming into Wharton because of Colorado River cresting

Scoop27
05-30-2016, 11:27 AM
The west end of Wharton will once again crest around 46 feet tomorrow from the rising Colorado River. This happened around two months ago and lots of people lost their homes to high water.
Prayers to those in that area of town

BwdLion73
05-30-2016, 07:37 PM
Wish I had better news Scoop but Lake Brownwood has been closed all weekend with a crest expected at 4 feet or better in the next day. Lake Coleman above us is 3 foot over and sending water to us...we are sending it to Cam at Buchannan who is sending it to Austin who is sending it on down to you (Travis is over spillway)

Looks like possible heavy rain in our area Wednesday and I have about 4 inches in my Garage now. :crying:

Rabid Cougar
05-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Wish I had better news Scoop but Lake Brownwood has been closed all weekend with a crest expected at 4 feet or better in the next day. Lake Coleman above us is 3 foot over and sending water to us...we are sending it to Cam at Buchannan who is sending it to Austin who is sending it on down to you (Travis is over spillway)

Looks like possible heavy rain in our area Wednesday and I have about 4 inches in my Garage now. :crying:

Hords Creek is only 2.5 feet low. First time in 5 years the boat ramps are wet.

BwdLion73
05-31-2016, 10:45 AM
I saw that. First time its been that full in a long time. Looks like we are about to crest at 5 1/2 feet above spillway. 70% chance of heavy rain tomorrow.:crying:

Wish we could send this to O.H. Ivey its still about 42 ft. Low.

Scoop27
05-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Now they are saying the Colorado River will rise up to over 47 feet but it won't get that crest until later today. A lot of rain is forecast for later in the week so it could get worse

Scoop27
06-01-2016, 12:06 PM
River down to 44 feet after cresting at 47 foot

Rabid Cougar
06-01-2016, 01:22 PM
I saw that. First time its been that full in a long time. Looks like we are about to crest at 5 1/2 feet above spillway. 70% chance of heavy rain tomorrow.:crying:

Wish we could send this to O.H. Ivey its still about 42 ft. Low.

Get ready to watch Proctor start dumping huge amounts of water in the next five days. It is coming.

Scoop27
06-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Colorado River has gone down but will go up again to 47 foot by early next week because of water released near Austin