PDA

View Full Version : Baylor has fired Art Briles

Roughneck93
05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
According to sources.

Bullaholic
05-26-2016, 11:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/reports--baylor-fires-coach-art-briles-154936095.html

Aesculus gilmus
05-26-2016, 11:43 AM
At least they got that brand-new stadium built. You can't take that away from Briles. Without him, they'd still be playing at the now-imploded Floyd Casey Stadium. https://youtu.be/UZx7AbsKFb0

slingshot
05-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Briles is the scapegoat... Starr gets 'fired' and will then transition to Chancellor. The AD gets probation. All of the coaching staff stays. Weird deal...

What do you think is the over and under before Briles is hired by another program? I'll predict one month...maybe two. Maybe NFL? Still say Texas Tech not hiring him when they had the chance was the biggest mistake in their history, even bigger in the long run than firing Leach.

coach
05-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Briles is the scapegoat... Starr gets 'fired' and will then transition to Chancellor. The AD gets probation. All of the coaching staff stays. Weird deal...

What do you think is the over and under before Briles is hired by another program? I'll predict one month...maybe two. Maybe NFL? Still say Texas Tech not hiring him when they had the chance was the biggest mistake in their history, even bigger in the long run than firing Leach.

Sounds like Baylor hiring him was a pretty big mistake. This pos doesnt deserve a job.

lostaussie
05-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Baylor Football has one wheel already back in the ditch. I never thought they would do it.

mwrams
05-26-2016, 05:07 PM
His integrity and win at all cost approach has finally caught up with his cheating butt! Azle called him out at the beginning of his Stephenville run and he beat that one...but, we all knew the truth!

toddg
05-26-2016, 06:27 PM

Stephenville might hire him

Saggy Aggie
05-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Baylor gonna Baylor

bobcat1
05-26-2016, 08:03 PM
I think anyone that knew about the cover up are just as guilty as the rapists and should be fired and locked up. Every single player that knew about it should be kicked off the team, every coach, every faculty member, every member of law enforcement. I mean who gets away with that. These were young ladies that were someones daughters or sisters. Briles needs a good old fashion a$$ whippin'.

slingshot
05-26-2016, 09:29 PM
My point was that Briles is the only one really being punished... I do not for a minute think he did this all by his lonesome. Captain of the ship, yes and he should have been fired but he is not the only one.

toddg
05-27-2016, 12:08 AM
My point was that Briles is the only one really being punished... I do not for a minute think he did this all by his lonesome. Captain of the ship, yes and he should have been fired but he is not the only one.

And he won't be the only one fired..he is just the first..this isn't over yet.

slingshot
05-27-2016, 07:30 PM
One of our local TV stations reported that several football commits to Baylor have de-committed. Said one from LaVega but did not give the name...

Tink4392
05-27-2016, 08:51 PM
One of our local TV stations reported that several football commits to Baylor have de-committed. Said one from LaVega but did not give the name...
Kid from LaVega is Kedrick James, he's the top TE in the state.

Aesculus gilmus
05-28-2016, 07:24 AM

I think it's also time for Baylor to be kicked out of the Big 12. The Bears can be more competitive in that conference SMU is in - the AAC.

The Big 12 either needs to fall apart and scatter to other conferences, as nearly happened five or six years ago, or expand with more prestigious schools.

Roughneck93
05-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Stafford WR Hezekiah Jones decommits today.

Roughneck93
05-28-2016, 10:17 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/baylor-2017-recruiting-class-falling-apart-sexual-assault-scandal-art-briles-052816