PDA

View Full Version : Colorado County Citizen story on Columbus head football coach AD

Scoop27
05-18-2016, 06:58 PM
From the Colorado County Citizen

COLUMBUS – Several Columbus ISD parents voiced their concerns during the May 9 school board meeting about the vacant athletic director position.

Blake Schulte spoke out about the decrease in sports crowds he has noticed for the Cardinals, saying, “If you go to the football games, the stands are three quarters empty. These years are precious for the kids and they deserve some stability.”

Schulte continued, “We need an athletic director who is going to be the face of Columbus ISD.”

Brandon Wilson echoed Schulte’s sentiments when he took the podium to address the board.

“The decision the board made last month to re-assign athletic director Tony Valastro was largely supported by the community. I want to thank you for listening to the community and taking action,” Wilson said.

Wilson went on to say, “We are at a pivotal point in Columbus athletics, and we understand it is hard for the board to fill this big position. I trust the board to be able to make the right decision for our kids.

Alex Marshall added his voice to the concerns expressed as well. “I am hoping and praying we do not stop with the athletic director position as far as cleaning house,” Marshall said.

Marshall then posed the question for board members, “If our concern is not for our students, then who is our concern for?”

Weebe
05-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Always a good idea to let parents choose your athletic director.

duckhunter
05-19-2016, 07:48 AM
I wish the CCC would now update the story with the interim AD giving Columbus the big middle finger now.....:spitlol:

Hater
05-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Why don't they just go ahead and give Schobel the job? I mean, that's what all this has been about and where it's headed, right?

Watcher
05-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Here is the totla issue. Columbus should fire the whole coaching staff and let the parents coach. Everybody makese all district. Everybody gets an award of some type. The parents in Columbus are could have, should have, and would have beens in the flesh. Hook has always pisssed me off with his posts. But he has not been far off base.

Watcher
05-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Columbus has a lot of great kids with great talent. The Coaches work hard with the kids. It is no doubt that the harder you work, the more you succeed. A majority of Columbus parents understand this. They work with the coaches to push their kids. Just seems it takes one ore two who do not believe this to rock the boat. It is a shame for the hard working athletes who have one year left to have to deal with this again. Lots of good memories will be lost this year, unless they can find a good AD and let him or her do their job without stepping in.

hookandladder
05-23-2016, 06:06 AM
Not quite sure what all Coach Schulte is referring to in his statement to the board however I know first hand that kid has a solid head on his shoulder and comes from a great family and is home grow in Columbus, I would definitely listen to what he has to say. His is one of those rare coaches that really cares about an entire program and all the kids, Hope things work out for Columbus because there are some solid people from that area but also some of your really dumb parents as well as with most small towns. Good Luck.

XMan
05-23-2016, 06:18 AM
Hook, you are on the right track but remember that the one you mentioned is related by marriage to one of the finalist. Everyone has their own agenda in this town and that is what is killing everything. That, and everyone is related to someone just like every small town. It all started when Jim Story was hired as Supt. He had a personal agenda to get rid of folks and then made some terrible hiring decisions. Its been downhill since then. The town might want to be careful who they put on school board. Thats the only way to avoid all this.

Scoop27
05-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Hope they make a decision soon for the kids sake-

teetle
05-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Wheres Shultes bes coaching. I thought he bes ownings a sports bars in Columbuses. Soundses likes des school board members should bes doin de coaching . Theys hases alls the answers. Justes askes thems.:crazy1::1omg!::tongue:

hookandladder
05-23-2016, 01:24 PM
Wheres Shultes bes coaching. I thought he bes ownings a sports bars in Columbuses. Soundses likes des school board members should bes doin de coaching . Theys hases alls the answers. Justes askes thems.:crazy1::1omg!::tongue:

Yous bes right, Shultes bes coaching summer ball. They alls gots the answers in C Town,wonder where old Coach V going after his short time there. Hopefully not LG, LOL.

XMan
05-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Word is that Jerry's kid has accepted the position. His wife's aunt works in ctown and there will be celebrating on Blake street all night long. Young men beware, a cougar is coming to town.

duckhunter
05-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Bonewald gets hired. he is coming from Brazos....good luck in COlumbus

Scoop27
05-25-2016, 11:30 AM
He didn't do very well at Brazos during his tenure there. But he didn't have any talented athletes.

teetle
05-25-2016, 01:11 PM
My friends Larry and Merus bes very happy. Theys says thates Bones will throw the balls mores. They says that's alls the drams will bes over. I says that's Ies hases a sneekins suspicions that's the school boards ises stills screwed ups. Theys the ones that's needs toes bes fired. Theys alls hases theirs owns agendes. That's whats Larry and Merus says. I believes theys rights.:1omg!::tongue::crazy1:

duckhunter
05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
My friends Larry and Merus bes very happy. Theys says thates Bones will throw the balls mores. They says that's alls the drams will bes over. I says that's Ies hases a sneekins suspicions that's the school boards ises stills screwed ups. Theys the ones that's needs toes bes fired. Theys alls hases theirs owns agendes. That's whats Larry and Merus says. I believes theys rights.:1omg!::tongue::crazy1:

Pretty sure Brazos ran the wishbone. I don't think they will be throwing it much more in C-town.

duckhunter
05-25-2016, 01:59 PM
He didn't do very well at Brazos during his tenure there. But he didn't have any talented athletes.

I don't know how many "talented athletes" he is getting in Columbus either.....judging by the school board parents, I'd bet he is getting a lot of entitled spoiled kids who think they are all staters?

Scoop27
05-25-2016, 05:45 PM
He was 10-19 at Brazos

Weebe
05-25-2016, 08:14 PM
He was 10-19 at Brazos

Nice job by Columbus school board and parents.

zebrablue2
05-25-2016, 09:10 PM
Bonewald gets hired. he is coming from Brazos....good luck in COlumbus

If this is indeed true, they made a quality choice. Coach Bonewald comes from a long line of family coaches, and is, well I'll say it, STUD. Columbus had better hang on to this one, and back him 100%. He is a very good choice!!! Your kids are in GOOD hands..............

duckhunter
05-26-2016, 07:45 AM
Columbus had better hang on to this one, and back him 100%. He is a very good choice!!!

coming from you zebra, I believe it.....Hopefully the folks in Columbus will see the big picture here, and not keep looking through the sunday fried chicken buffet glasses

teetle
05-27-2016, 01:28 PM
De one that's wes hassesnt's heardes fromes id Puds. He bes knowing alls abouts thises. He bes knowings Valastro wells. Boneses bes runnings de spreadses. Se seens de lights. Ifs yous acnts beates thems joines thems. Theys gonna screwes hims around tooes. Theys justes using himes.:1omg!::tongue::D