slingshot
05-18-2016, 09:25 PM
RI Wylie
RII Argyle
RIII Robinson
RIV ???

regaleagle
05-18-2016, 09:29 PM
I really like Jasper and Sweeny, but El Campo could definitely replace Sweeny. Robinson and Abilene Wylie are the teams to beat in their region, IMHO. Argyle and Celina are very equal, and Pleasant Grove always comes on strong this time of the season.....very strong. Then there's Geronimo Navarro......everybody's watching them. Hudson somehow arrived here, but Robinson should take them to task. Godley is the big question mark....even if they do advance against Decatur. I do think Decatur has a well-rounded ballclub. Boerne is another one of those question marks.....in my mind. This week will tell us much.

slingshot
05-18-2016, 09:43 PM
I really like Jasper and Sweeny, but El Campo could definitely replace Sweeny. Robinson and Abilene Wylie are the teams to beat in their region, IMHO. Argyle and Celina are very equal, and Pleasant Grove always comes on strong this time of the season.....very strong. Then there's Geronimo Navarro......everybody's watching them. Hudson somehow arrived here, but Robinson should take them to task. Godley is the big question mark....even if they do advance against Decatur. I do think Decatur has a well-rounded ballclub. Boerne is another one of those question marks.....in my mind. This week will tell us much.Decatur or Godley could certainly give us trouble in the region... but I like our chances. I do believe Argyle is still the team to beat in RII. Robinson should roll in III. RIV is loaded with good teams, there are evidently several who could win it and I don't know enough about them to venture a guess. Will let those more familiar with the teams down there fill me in on who will win and why...

Bullaholic
05-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Appreciate it, Bull.....much thanks.:thumbsup:

Glad to do it, regal. Most folks are keeping up with the playoffs on their own, but I thought putting
a link to the complete brackets might spur a little discussion---and it has, thanks to you guys. Thanks for your comments, it helps the rest of us to gain some insight on teams I know nothing about.

Bullaholic
05-19-2016, 09:32 AM
I can only report on a couple of teams still in the hunt that I have seen. Decatur is a solid, well-rounded team that doesn't make a lot of errors. Midlothian Heritage, being a new school and playing only underclassmen, has some big athletic kids that can strike the ball, and their coach plays a very aggressive style of ball.