PDA

View Full Version : Regional GOTW in Boys Baseball: Here's my picks

regaleagle
05-15-2016, 06:42 PM
There seems to be some good match-ups coming this week in all the regions. Here's my highlighted games in each region for this week's Regional Quarterfinals:
REGION 1: DecaturW8(23-9) vs GodleyW7(24-2)
REGION 2: SangerF9(22-8) vs ArgyleW9(23-4)
REGION 3: JasperW20(25-4) vs CarthageW19(19-6)
REGION 4: SweenyW28(26-5) vs El CampoW27(26-6)

That Sweeny/El Campo matchup looks like it will be one heckuva series to watch. If Godley wins, they could give Wylie cause for concern.:1popcorn: Sanger's F9 is not indicative of how good this team really is. They had to contend with Argyle and Celina in the same district.....losing twice to each. Krum snuck in at 3rd place. All 4 teams advanced in District 9. Argyle and Celina are both ranked in the Top Ten. Jasper looks like they could be a real contender for the finals this year.....we'll see.

regaleagle
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
My predictions for other notable contenders: Wylie whacks Heritage, Celina kills Krum, Pleasant Grove grooves Pittsburg, Robinson rolls Hudson, and Boerne bops Sinton. These are just my gut picks, but as you know.....in baseball anybody can beat anybody at this juncture in a 3-game series. :taunt:

Rocket Man
05-15-2016, 10:41 PM
My predictions for other notable contenders: Wylie whacks Heritage, Celina kills Krum, Pleasant Grove grooves Pittsburg, Robinson rolls Hudson, and Boerne bops Sinton. These are just my gut picks, but as you know.....in baseball anybody can beat anybody at this juncture in a 3-game series. :taunt:

Nice alliteration.

Scoop27
05-15-2016, 11:07 PM
I bet the El Campo-Sweeny match up will be home and home-Lots of rain forecast late in the week.Hope they can find a place to play if its wet in Sweeny or El Campo-Have to go with the Birds with their pitching and hitting

SintonFan_inAustin
05-16-2016, 12:11 PM
My predictions for other notable contenders: Wylie whacks Heritage, Celina kills Krum, Pleasant Grove grooves Pittsburg, Robinson rolls Hudson, and Boerne bops Sinton. These are just my gut picks, but as you know.....in baseball anybody can beat anybody at this juncture in a 3-game series. :taunt::) Boerne bops Sinton? Sinton young team but with plenty of playoff experience from their pitching starters. Sinton top pitcher in his groove like last two seasons and the other starter wasn't on in his last start but still a good outing. No.3 had a solid outing and hadn't pitch in a while. Sinton has no senior pitchers but have experience in play off. Sinton hitting been a weak spot and been having to win low scoring games. Sinton pitching and defense moves them to 4th round for the 4th straight year :)

regaleagle
05-17-2016, 01:02 AM
My apologies if I offended you. These are merely my gut predictions based on records and schedules. I have no personal knowledge about any of these teams.....other than who went deep in the playoffs last season. But that was LAST season, and each year changes in high school sports. There is something to be said about quality baseball programs though......and Sinton has one. From what I read about Boerne......they will be a tough opponent. Good luck to the Pirates.

Rabid Cougar
05-17-2016, 02:26 PM
One word.... Robinson.

slingshot
05-17-2016, 04:18 PM
One word.... Robinson.Wylie's better...

:stirpot:

Rocket Man
05-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Both teams have to win a few more games before we find out and I hope they do!

Good luck to the Rockets and the Bulldogs!

slingshot
05-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Both teams have to win a few more games before we find out and I hope they do!

Good luck to the Rockets and the Bulldogs!No doubt--the further you get the tougher it gets... I was just jabbing Rabid over a little barb he threw our way previously. All in good fun.

Rocket Man
05-17-2016, 05:35 PM
No doubt--the further you get the tougher it gets... I was just jabbing Rabid over a little barb he threw our way previously. All in good fun.

Oh, I know, I remember.............I'm all in on the fun

I went to the playoff football game y'all had against Argyle at McLane stadium this past season; although it didn't work out y'all's way, it was still a great game. First time I'd seen y'all in any sport; y'all had great fan support and represented your community well.

Rabid Cougar
05-17-2016, 07:26 PM
No doubt--the further you get the tougher it gets... I was just jabbing Rabid over a little barb he threw our way previously. All in good fun.

Me? Throw a barb? Never!

Rabid Cougar
05-17-2016, 07:27 PM
I went to the playoff football game y'all had against Argyle at McLane stadium this past season; although it didn't work out y'all's way, it was still a great game. First time I'd seen y'all in any sport; y'all had great fan support and represented your community well.

I saw them personally in Aledo in 2008. Still say the RB's butt hit the ground before he rolled into the endzone.

slingshot
05-17-2016, 08:24 PM
I saw them personally in Aledo in 2008. Still say the RB's butt hit the ground before he rolled into the endzone.It all works out. I still say the Prosper QB hit the ground at the 1 yd line and bounced into the endzone for the 2 pt conversion that beat us in double OT the next game and handed the state championship to them... they thrashed LaVega the next week who we had already beat earlier in the year.

Rabid Cougar
05-18-2016, 09:22 AM
It all works out. I still say the Prosper QB hit the ground at the 1 yd line and bounced into the endzone for the 2 pt conversion that beat us in double OT the next game and handed the state championship to them... they thrashed LaVega the next week who we had already beat earlier in the year.

17-10 and close until the final minutes of the game is hardly a thrashing.

SHSBulldog00
05-18-2016, 10:03 AM
I bet the El Campo-Sweeny match up will be home and home-Lots of rain forecast late in the week.Hope they can find a place to play if its wet in Sweeny or El Campo-Have to go with the Birds with their pitching and hitting

In Sweeny rainout is not in our vocabulary.

EC won last year in 3.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2016, 07:17 PM
:) Boerne bops Sinton? Sinton young team but with plenty of playoff experience from their pitching starters. Sinton top pitcher in his groove like last two seasons and the other starter wasn't on in his last start but still a good outing. No.3 had a solid outing and hadn't pitch in a while. Sinton has no senior pitchers but have experience in play off. Sinton hitting been a weak spot and been having to win low scoring games. Sinton pitching and defense moves them to 4th round for the 4th straight year :) Sinton pitching and defense holds Boerne offense to 1 run in 24 innings. Boerne team batting average coming in was over .400

Sinton team era came in at 1.20

Gen.Pat
05-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Wildcats sweep the Eagles.

Rabid Cougar
05-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Robinson over whoever they are playing.

Rocket Man
05-25-2016, 12:22 AM
Robinson over whoever they are playing.

Bridge almost to Louisiana City

slingshot
05-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Wildcats sweep the Eagles.Godley is the real deal. Think they will handle Sweetwater... then it gets tougher.