PDA

View Full Version : DCTF Picks Under-The-Radar Team in each classification

WOS87
05-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Having played all three in the past two years and been at all three games Wharton is gonna have a difficult time in that district with Cuero and Sinton. You never know though. Traditional Region III teams tend to do quite well when they are moved to Region IV... (hi La Grange).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr30SRxzoU

WOS1
05-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Having played all three in the past two years and been at all three games Wharton is gonna have a difficult time in that district with Cuero and Sinton. You never know though. Traditional Region III teams tend to do quite well when they are moved to Region IV... (hi La Grange).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr30SRxzoU

Wharton will win that district. Watch and see.

wedo
05-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Wharton will win that district. Watch and see.

I would be really surprised is Wharton won that district. As far as I can remember Wharton has had trouble with teams that can 1. either match their speed or 2. Run right at them "Cuero, and Navarro who is also in the region".

I hope than can win the district and make some noise.

How crazy would Wharton County be if El Campo, Wharton, Boling and East Bernard were all in regional final games? Could happen!!

WOS1
05-13-2016, 11:08 AM
I would be really surprised is Wharton won that district. As far as I can remember Wharton has had trouble with teams that can 1. either match their speed or 2. Run right at them "Cuero, and Navarro who is also in the region".

I hope than can win the district and make some noise.

How crazy would Wharton County be if El Campo, Wharton, Boling and East Bernard were all in regional final games? Could happen!!

Wharton has all of their skill players back from last year along with the best lineman they had. Our game against them was not close last year, but they got behind early and let it get away from them. They have the skill kids to match up with anyone. Cuero and Sinton both lost some pivotal players last year. I know Cuero has some young players coming back but those kids were not difference makers. Whartons pivotal players are all coming back and they have speed. I told several people last year when they were in region 3 still that they would be a team to watch out for next year. Moving to R4 and knowing what the R4 powers lost from last yr I think will be a perfect storm for Wharton.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2016, 02:08 PM

You speak of District 17 in Division 1.

WOS87
05-13-2016, 02:37 PM
No. District 15 Division 2. Looking back I forgot that Wharton handled Cuero and beat them pre-district last year. Cuero has some good players returning and they always reload anyway and tend to get the job done when games that count are on the line. I was sweating it watching them late into the 2nd half last year with 44inarow and family there with me. That was the only game against a 4A opponent that a team kept up with us into the 4th quarter. A fumble and score could have ended with Cuero winning that game.

Cuero started off the season slow but people forget they stopped the 11-0 Navarro team in its tracks and shut out a 12-0 Sinton team 28-0 as the heavy underdog in both games. Don't hate me because I like Turkey lol.

44INAROW
05-13-2016, 03:58 PM
No. District 15 Division 2. Looking back I forgot that Wharton handled Cuero and beat them pre-district last year. Cuero has some good players returning and they always reload anyway and tend to get the job done when games that count are on the line. I was sweating it watching them late into the 2nd half last year with 44inarow and family there with me. That was the only game against a 4A opponent that a team kept up with us into the 4th quarter. A fumble and score could have ended with Cuero winning that game.

Cuero started off the season slow but people forget they stopped the 11-0 Navarro team in its tracks and shut out a 12-0 Sinton team 28-0 as the heavy underdog in both games. Don't hate me because I like Turkey lol.

what he said :cheerl:

It's going to be interesting for sure... To be honest, I'm not 'in the know' as much as I used to be...
Hard to believe that my youngest was beginning his senior year - 10 years ago - where has the time gone!

Tejastrue
05-13-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm just glad that we were even mentioned in the same breath with the other R-4 teams. :tongue:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Wharton has all of their skill players back from last year along with the best lineman they had. Our game against them was not close last year, but they got behind early and let it get away from them. They have the skill kids to match up with anyone. Cuero and Sinton both lost some pivotal players last year. I know Cuero has some young players coming back but those kids were not difference makers. Whartons pivotal players are all coming back and they have speed. I told several people last year when they were in region 3 still that they would be a team to watch out for next year. Moving to R4 and knowing what the R4 powers lost from last yr I think will be a perfect storm for Wharton. Sinton lost their qb/db from last season and for their last 2 1/2 games in the playoffs so the backups got in some valuable game experience in the playoffs and they return for this upcoming season. They had 5 sophomores starting last season counting the qb once he took over and couple of juniors that are going to be the leaders of the team. They have a few freshmans from last year that should be ready for varsity play as sophomores and be key parts of 2016 team. here is one key 4 year starter returning for his senior season

6'2" 205 lb RB/WR Ethan Owens http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788523/highlights/320862384

SaltySixes
05-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Stopped the 11-0 Navarro team in its tracks huh? :thinking:

I seem to remember it being 25-13 and not only that but it was the third round, and we all know what was coming down in the third round...
...Sheets of rain

Saggy Aggie
05-18-2016, 11:31 AM
That Cuero WOS game was a pretty good one. That one was right in my backyard.

44INAROW
05-18-2016, 01:55 PM
, and we all know what was coming down in the third round...
...Sheets of rain

I guess it only rained on one side of the field ⛈

😜I don't have the stats handy, but if I recall right, the Panther's had 100+ more rushing yards than Cuero - and doubled us in 1st downs...Passing game was non existing for both teams (for obvious reasons) Gobblers took care of business in the 3rd quarter - during the brunt of the blinding rainstorm. In my opinion, that was the difference.

WOS87
05-18-2016, 07:14 PM
The weather wasn't exactly all blue skies for the Cuero-WOS game either. It was drizzly and windy which worked against WOS as we DO rely on the pass. I recall various conspiracy theories going around that Cuero wanted to play outside just because of that which 44inarow and I both laughed about. We still managed over 300 yards passing if I recall.

bag-o-chips
05-18-2016, 08:45 PM
I guess it only rained on one side of the field ⛈

��I don't have the stats handy, but if I recall right, the Panther's had 100+ more rushing yards than Cuero - and doubled us in 1st downs...Passing game was non existing for both teams (for obvious reasons) Gobblers took care of business in the 3rd quarter - during the brunt of the blinding rainstorm. In my opinion, that was the difference.

44 you are correct sir! We had been planning some new things as this was the 3rd year in a row. The weather killed all of that that night! Would we have won in a dome? My bet it would go either way! Just as we looked up to Wimberley as to where our game needed to be in 2010 now we have our eyes set on Cuero as to what we need to do to get to the next level! Looking forward to more games in the future. To be the best you have to beat the best and since moving up 6 years ago we see what is needed!

WOS87
05-18-2016, 09:09 PM
44 you are correct sir! We had been planning some new things as this was the 3rd year in a row. The weather killed all of that that night! Would we have won in a dome? My bet it would go either way! Just as we looked up to Wimberley as to where our game needed to be in 2010 now we have our eyes set on Cuero as to what we need to do to get to the next level! Looking forward to more games in the future. To be the best you have to beat the best and since moving up 6 years ago we see what is needed!

Region IV will definitely be fun to watch this Fall. Region III will be lurking watching from afar believe me. 44INAROW is a ma'am by the way just so you know lol.

regaleagle
05-18-2016, 09:39 PM
"under the radar".......Argyle would like to know how that works. Seems like it's always "on the radar" for the Eagles, haha. I'm sure Coach Rodgers prefers it that way to get his team battle-hardened for the playoffs, but it's still gotta be very tough each week to keep the boyz playing at a very high level week in and week out.....even with injured starters sitting out. "Looking over your shoulder" should be another topic in football.

Blue42
05-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Cuero does look strong for this year. Not just saying because I have a son playing. Watching workouts and 7 on 7 lots of talent and we even have some that are coming back after a vacation from football great to see.