PDA

View Full Version : State Track Meet

Scoop27
05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
The State Track meet starts tonight with two (Class 3A and 5A) 3,200-meter run girls races at Mike A Meyers Stadium at University of Texas in Austin. I'll be keeping up with the runner from East Bernard who enters the race with the best time

How many of yall will be going or keeping up with with results on line.?

I went to every state meet from 1986 at Memorial Stadium until Mike Meyers opened in I think 1999. I missed the first few years it was at Meyer's
I just liked it better at Memorial with a different type of atmosphere. The discus event was held a few blocks in the woods at Clark Field.

http://www.uiltexas.org/track-field/state/track-field-state-meet-qualifiers-results

slingshot
05-12-2016, 11:36 AM
I much preferred Memorial too. Myers is not big enough--way too crowded, no shade... there has to be a better venue in the state of Texas for the State Meet.

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I much preferred Memorial too. Myers is not big enough--way too crowded, no shade... there has to be a better venue in the state of Texas for the State Meet.

Not many big stadiums with tracks anymore. Myers is the largest track stadium in Texas.