PDA

View Full Version : McKinney passes $220 Million Bond to build football stadium

Scoop27
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Residents in McKinney, Texas this week voted 63 percent in approval of a $220 million bond proposal toward the construction of a new football venue and events center. The $62.8 million total devoted to the 12,000-football stadium sets a new national record, eclipsing the cost of Eagle Stadium in Allen, Texas just four miles away in the next town.

Coach Eric Taylor at East Dillon would be proud.

d0tc0m
05-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Residents in McKinney, Texas this week voted 63 percent in approval of a $220 million bond proposal toward the construction of a new football venue and events center. The $62.8 million total devoted to the 12,000-football stadium sets a new national record, eclipsing the cost of Eagle Stadium in Allen, Texas just four miles away in the next town.

Coach Eric Taylor at East Dillon would be proud.

Probably has Coach Taylor wanting to resign at Pemberton (Pa.) and get back down to where real HS football is played in real stadiums. #ClearEyesFullHearts

Aesculus gilmus
05-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Our school board president was just ousted from the GISD board by a write-in campaign. Incidentally, the woman who won is the mother of former Buckeye and SFA great Gus Johnson, at last report on the practice squad of the Atlanta Falcons.

She wasn't specifically running against him, I don't think. He was just the odd man out of the three candidates running for two seats.

This happened after he and his board approved Gilmer ISD spending less than $3 million a few years ago on rebuilding the home side of the stadium, now named after the previous coach.

Gilmer ISD electorate is a tough crowd. The students here will be going to school in that 60-year-old high school until it caves in on them.

In fairness to our voters, this is not Collin County. There is no economic or population boom on the horizon and probably never will be.

What was amazing about the video I saw promoting the bond election in McKinney is that the board foresaw a 2-cent REDUCTION in their property tax rate in coming years.

I think even Gilmer ISD could win an election if the board could promise a tax rate reduction in exchange for a "yes" vote. This only works in boom areas, though.