PDA

View Full Version : Columbus coaching update

Scoop27
05-04-2016, 06:51 PM
According to Gary Dusek from Radio Station KVLG-KBUK out of La Grange, approximately 60 applied for the Columbus opening and interviewing started yesterday but no finalists have been named yet

Scoop27
05-11-2016, 12:21 PM
According to KULM Radio out of Columbus-Rusty Cauthern was named interim head coach and AD at Wednesday morning's specially called school board meeting

XMan
05-15-2016, 01:01 PM
This whole thing turned into quite a debacle. They initially formed a committee led by the supt. They interviewed applicants and narrowed it down to three outstanding candidates. When 3 finalists were revealed, a board member got his panties in a wad because his cousin was not one of the finalists. He calls his former coach and had him apply after these finalists were already announced. In a surprise decision, they throw out the 3 finalists and name the former bird as the lone finalist. Meanwhile, there is a board election last weekend. When board meets to name the finalist on Mon. there is some sort of disagreement and the Supt. ends up resigning. During the week the newly elected board meets and names last years dc as the interim ad/hfc. Confused yet?

Scoop27
05-15-2016, 02:25 PM
I wonder what kind of time frame they have to hire a new coach-AD?It's already halfway through May.

Weebe
05-15-2016, 02:43 PM
This whole thing turned into quite a debacle. They initially formed a committee led by the supt. They interviewed applicants and narrowed it down to three outstanding candidates. When 3 finalists were revealed, a board member got his panties in a wad because his cousin was not one of the finalists. He calls his former coach and had him apply after these finalists were already announced. In a surprise decision, they throw out the 3 finalists and name the former bird as the lone finalist. Meanwhile, there is a board election last weekend. When board meets to name the finalist on Mon. there is some sort of disagreement and the Supt. ends up resigning. During the week the newly elected board meets and names last years dc as the interim ad/hfc. Confused yet?

No one should wonder why they haven't had a good program in years.

the genious
05-15-2016, 07:46 PM
It's my understanding that Kawthorne is the AD till next January-ish then they will reopen search. I'm sure if he has some success he wil get to stay

hookandladder
05-16-2016, 06:16 AM
Coach Cauthern is a great high school coach and great all round guy, he was our under cover coach in our run to our last State Championship. LOL.

XMan
05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Word I'm getting now is that Cauthen turned em down and they are interviewing more people.