PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Football: 2002-2015

regaleagle
04-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Argyle football will be celebrating its 15th season in 2016. For the first time, Argyle will be playing in a Region I district.....Oh Happy Day, haha. :D

Bullaholic
04-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Argyle football will be celebrating its 15th season in 2016. For the first time, Argyle will be playing in a Region I district.....Oh Happy Day, haha. :D

Welcome to the jungle...you guys had much athletic success in those 15 years? :D

clcannon17
04-28-2016, 11:06 AM
We welcome the challenge!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

regaleagle
04-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Here's a brief summary look at Argyle's numbers in football so far:
OVERALL RECORD: 146-42; Last 10 yrs: 119-21; Last 5 yrs: 70-7
WINNING PERCENTAGE: 77.66; Last 10 yrs: 85; Last 5 yrs: 90.9
GAMES PER SEASON: 13.43 Last 10 yrs: 14; Last 5 yrs: 15.4
This season's outlook: Sunny and bright for clear sailing to the playoffs. Occasional seasonal disturbances should be prepared for well in advance. Overall, it is expected to be another stellar season for Eagles.

slingshot
04-28-2016, 12:10 PM
We welcome the challenge!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using TapatalkBe careful what you wish for... We have a very stout program across the board and they seem to be our kryptonite in every sport.

clcannon17
04-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Be careful what you wish for... We have a very stout program across the board and they seem to be our kryptonite in every sport.
We have to play them eventually, right?
I can't change what the uil did, so I'm looking forward to some great games.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

slingshot
04-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Sample: Beat us in Football in the Semi's last season, Beat us in Boys Soccer at the Regional Tournament last month, Beat us in Baseball at last seasons State Tournament, Beat us in Girls Basketball at last years State Tournament... as one Sweetwater fan snickered "They (Argyle) out-Wylie Wylie". At least they can't beat us in Tennis!

coach
04-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Here's a brief summary look at Argyle's numbers in football so far:
OVERALL RECORD: 146-42; Last 10 yrs: 119-21; Last 5 yrs: 70-7
WINNING PERCENTAGE: 77.66; Last 10 yrs: 85; Last 5 yrs: 90.9
GAMES PER SEASON: 13.43 Last 10 yrs: 14; Last 5 yrs: 15.4
This season's outlook: Sunny and bright for clear sailing to the playoffs. Occasional seasonal disturbances should be prepared for well in advance. Overall, it is expected to be another stellar season for Eagles.

Should be 145 - 13
69 - 8
and one less state championship. :ack!:

slingshot
04-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Should be 145 - 13
69 - 8
and one less state championship. :ack!:It all evens out. Remember they had one championship stolen against Navasota...

Rocket Man
04-28-2016, 02:31 PM
It all evens out. Remember they had one championship stolen against Navasota...

:1popcorn:

I'm just waiting to see the responses to this one.

Bullaholic
04-28-2016, 02:39 PM
:1popcorn:

I'm just waiting to see the responses to this one.

Yep....pure mayhem coming up......

coach
04-28-2016, 02:51 PM
It all evens out. Remember they had one championship stolen against Navasota...

It hasn't evened out for us yet lol. I am joking anyways. Navasota and Argyle have been on extremely impressive runs and they deserve all the accolades that comes with the success. hats of to them.

slingshot
04-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Not knocking 'Sota at all... the refs screwed that one up. Wasn't anything the Rattlers did wrong. Great team, had an awesome run... but that pass was incomplete as anyone who watched the game could see (so could 30K fans watching on the DeathStarTron).

slingshot
04-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Doesn't matter--Navasota is still the 2014 4A DI Champs and will remain so. Refs blow calls all the time. Happens in most games--That one just happened to be where tens of thousands of viewers at home could see it.

lostaussie
05-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Doesn't matter--Navasota is still the 2014 4A DI Champs and will remain so. Refs blow calls all the time. Happens in most games--That one just happened to be where tens of thousands of viewers at home could see it.

That's real easy to say when your not on the bad end of the horse. But it is over and done with.

regaleagle
05-01-2016, 10:12 AM
There's a really fine man at Argyle High School leading the troops and the coaches......his name is Todd Rodgers. I'm not sure if he is given the credit he deserves from those outside the program, but I can tell everyone that much of the success Argyle enjoys in all its athletic programs can be directly attributed to AD/Head Coach Todd Rodgers. He is a special person and is so respected by those that know him......he absolutely brings out the very best in his staff and players. He has a way with people, and lives his life in a fine example for everyone to see. Much respect.........it can do wonders for young men trying to find their way......on the athletic field and in life. Thanks Coach Rodgers for being such a fine man and leader of young men and women, and providing a path to follow for the coaches. Why does Argyle have so many successful coaches??? Do they just "end up" being at Argyle??? I don't think so. I think there is an atmosphere that has been developed at Argyle that lends itself to success.....in all of the UIL activities. I also think that without Todd Rodgers this atmosphere would not be nearly impactive as it has been ever since he came in 13 years ago to take the reins. Todd Rodgers is a really special person.

coach
05-02-2016, 09:33 AM
There's a really fine man at Argyle High School leading the troops and the coaches......his name is Todd Rodgers. I'm not sure if he is given the credit he deserves from those outside the program, but I can tell everyone that much of the success Argyle enjoys in all its athletic programs can be directly attributed to AD/Head Coach Todd Rodgers. He is a special person and is so respected by those that know him......he absolutely brings out the very best in his staff and players. He has a way with people, and lives his life in a fine example for everyone to see. Much respect.........it can do wonders for young men trying to find their way......on the athletic field and in life. Thanks Coach Rodgers for being such a fine man and leader of young men and women, and providing a path to follow for the coaches. Why does Argyle have so many successful coaches??? Do they just "end up" being at Argyle??? I don't think so. I think there is an atmosphere that has been developed at Argyle that lends itself to success.....in all of the UIL activities. I also think that without Todd Rodgers this atmosphere would not be nearly impactive as it has been ever since he came in 13 years ago to take the reins. Todd Rodgers is a really special person.

Todd is that you? Lol i am kidding. He is definitely on of the better coaches in the state.

Aguilafanatico
05-02-2016, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=lostaussie;1896862]That's real easy to say when your not on the bad end of the horse. But it is over and done with.[/QUOTE

We have had a great run for sure. We have discussed it around the Fuzzy's roundtable on many occasions. Better to make it to THE GAME 3 times in a row and only win one, or make it to 1 and win 1. I will take the three appearances every day. It's an incredible ride when you are on it. The disappointment for the two that got away will always be there but so will the memories of the tight games we persevered to get there. In 2013, it was Gilmer and Fairfield. Both were wars and I don't think I ever got comfortable until the final whistles. In 2014 it was Navasota, Graham, Liberty-Eylau, Kennedale.......although it seemed like every game that year was close. This year it was La Vega, Abilene-Wylie, Liberty-Eylau, Kennedale, a gauntlet for sure. My little Johnnie graduates this year and was fortunate enough to start on all three SC teams. What an experience and what a ride. There is plenty of talent at Argyle so I expect Coach Rodgers will refocus the kids, reload, and make another run. Yes the two that got away still sting, but man its been fun. Texas high school football is awesome.

lostaussie
05-02-2016, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=lostaussie;1896862]That's real easy to say when your not on the bad end of the horse. But it is over and done with.[/QUOTE

We have had a great run for sure. We have discussed it around the Fuzzy's roundtable on many occasions. Better to make it to THE GAME 3 times in a row and only win one, or make it to 1 and win 1. I will take the three appearances every day. It's an incredible ride when you are on it. The disappointment for the two that got away will always be there but so will the memories of the tight games we persevered to get there. In 2013, it was Gilmer and Fairfield. Both were wars and I don't think I ever got comfortable until the final whistles. In 2014 it was Navasota, Graham, Liberty-Eylau, Kennedale.......although it seemed like every game that year was close. This year it was La Vega, Abilene-Wylie, Liberty-Eylau, Kennedale, a gauntlet for sure. My little Johnnie graduates this year and was fortunate enough to start on all three SC teams. What an experience and what a ride. There is plenty of talent at Argyle so I expect Coach Rodgers will refocus the kids, reload, and make another run. Yes the two that got away still sting, but man its been fun. Texas high school football is awesome.

Well that pisses me off.........I wish we had a Fuzzys roundtable to have important discussions. I'll drive 20 miles out of the way to go to Fuzzy's:D