PDA

View Full Version : RGV Speed?

Gobbla2001
10-17-2002, 06:26 PM
I don't care what RGV speed has been like, and I don't know what it's like now, but just because it's in the Rio Grande Valley doesn't mean it's gunna be slow... How can you judge speed by a certain area in a state? What kinda of idiot of credulous wisdom would say something so blunder headed?

Say we don't have T.V. or Radio, and it is the evening of September the 11th 2001, I can sit here and say 'NYC has Twin Towers'... But since I haven't been there in a while, and because I have not seen or heard of the devistation that has taken place, I'm just as week in the upper story as you yourself...

I'm not saying the RGV has speed, hell, I DUNNO, but neither do you, so don't snap your fingers so quickly!

TarponRl3k
10-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Gobbla2001:

I'm not saying the RGV has speed, hell, I DUNNO, but neither do you, so don't snap your fingers so quickly!we do

Kool Tarpon 21
10-17-2002, 09:29 PM
We do have speed in the RGV. We have a lot of speed. We got that guy from RGC, that guy from Weslaco, and that guy from Mission. Even here in Port Isabel we have speed. We got Joe Arevalo, he's fast. Nevertheless, we do have speed. I don't know why people think RGV athletes are slow. Well, we'll show them what we got.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2002, 11:15 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:
We do have speed in the RGV. We have a lot of speed. We got that guy from RGC, that guy from Weslaco, and that guy from Mission. Even here in Port Isabel we have speed. We got Joe Arevalo, he's fast. Nevertheless, we do have speed. I don't know why people think RGV athletes are slow. Well, we'll show them what we got.Dude......YOU are fast! eek!

Wunderkindepiphany
10-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Its not that the RGV has no speed..it is just that in general comparison to north, central, east and west Texas we pale in the light. There is real individual talent in the valley in certain sports, and those who profile the valley are as ignorant as the people who taught them to think in that manner. Hey, the Los Fresnos girls have been the defending team state champions for 2 years in Powerlifting now...this proves that the Valley is capable of pulling off consistant state-champions. I have said this before and will say it again though, the level of football being played in the Valley is at an all-time high. It can only progress...I have never seen football in this form since I moved to the Valley. Port Isabel may very well make a run in the playoffs, I'd give them 3-4 rounds...I wouldn't be so quick to take rumours for granted.