PDA

View Full Version : Colorado River in Whartons supposed to crest over 47 foot on Thursday

Scoop27
04-20-2016, 07:36 PM
The Colorado River in Wharton will crest just over 47 foot tomorrow early- It will not break the record of 48 foot though
No school at Wharton ISD Thursday. There have been some evacuations on the East side of town where their will be flooding. the Tigers makeup game against Columbus(scheduled originally for Tuesday_ will not be made up until next available date. WCJC already had a game scheduled there on Thursday. Wharton is scheduled to play Sealy on Friday and then El Campo next Tuesday
Went to see the river earlier today and it was flowing fast with a lot of onlookers. Los Cucos Restaurant on the river is still open though today

bobcat1
04-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Dammit boy!

hookandladder
04-21-2016, 06:22 AM
The Colorado River in Wharton will crest just over 47 foot tomorrow early- It will not break the record of 48 foot though
No school at Wharton ISD Thursday. There have been some evacuations on the East side of town where their will be flooding. the Tigers makeup game against Columbus(scheduled originally for Tuesday_ will not be made up until next available date. WCJC already had a game scheduled there on Thursday. Wharton is scheduled to play Sealy on Friday and then El Campo next Tuesday
Went to see the river earlier today and it was flowing fast with a lot of onlookers. Los Cucos Restaurant on the river is still open though today

Good information Scoop, I have been at LCRA for over 33 years working in flood control and Wharton is one of my gauges that I built also Columbus gauge and I have never seen it that high at Columbus. We have a web site on the internet which I would bet you know of, more great info. on all sites up and down the river for watching the flow as it comes down from Austin. Check it out LCRA Hydromet page on the internet, anyone can access the data.

Scoop27
04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
They have called for a mandatory evacuation for the East part of Wharton which is already flooding. No school today and most likely not tomorrow either. They even have some water in Buc-ees. That water is not supposed to go over the Colorado River bridge in town or the one off FM 102.
Wharton's baseball game against Brazosport will be made up Saturday and the Tigers are scheduled to host Sealy on Friday night but Wharton has had a lot of rain so far this morning

cards4me
04-21-2016, 02:48 PM
They have called for a mandatory evacuation for the East part of Wharton which is already flooding. No school today and most likely not tomorrow either. They even have some water in Buc-ees. That water is not supposed to go over the Colorado River bridge in town or the one off FM 102.
Wharton's baseball game against Brazosport will be made up Saturday and the Tigers are scheduled to host Sealy on Friday night but Wharton has had a lot of rain so far this morning

The only water in Buc-ees is bottled water.