PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Playoff Update

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Ok here is how things are shaking down as the plaoyoff picture gets into focus..

1-3A: Perryton and Canyon are both 3-0 and will play in Week 10 for district...Borger looks to have the inside track on the 3rrd spot but they need to beat River Road in Week 10 to lock up the D1 berth...

2-3A: This district has been thrown into chaos with Lubbock Cooper losing there is now a 4 way tie for first with 4 teams at 2-1...Brownfield, Dimmitt, Littlefield and Lubbock Cooper..and don't count Muleshoe out at 1-2 either...Littlefield likely will go to 3-1 as they take on Slaton but the other 2 games are huge...Brownfield takes on Dimmitt the winner liklely is in the playoffs.. and Cooper plays Muleshoe loser is out and the winner still may need a win in Week 10...things may not shake down til the very end in this district...

3-3A: Snyder wrapped up the D1 berth and can wrap up the district tittle this week with a win over 0-3 Lamesa...Merkel and Sweetwater both went to 2-1 with wins last week..both appear to have the inside track to the playoffs..they play this week for playoff seeding basically..loser of that game likely gets Greenwood in Rd 1

4-3A: Greenwood will improve to 4-0 in district Friday as they win by forefir because Presidio isn't fielding a team...they have the district locked up....Ft Stockton and Kermit are 2-1 and control thier own destiny...Pecos and Monahans are 1-2 however Monahans can get in with a win over Kermnit this week because in Week 10 they get an automatic win...Ft Stockton looks to be the D1 team if they fail to make the playoffs Monahans looks to be the D1 team

5-3A: Iowa Park and Graham are both 3-0 and have locked up playoff spots..Graham will be D1...Vernon is 2-1 and needs only one more win to get into the playoffs....

6-3A: Wylie and Ballinger are both 3-0 and look to be on a collison course in Week 10...Commanche is 2-1 but they have Ballinger this week and could fall to 2-2 Clyde is 1-2 and they face Early whom they should beat...this should set up a Commanche-Clyde game in Week 10 for the last playoff spot...

7-3A: Decatur has this district all but locked up at 3-0...Bridgeport is 2-1 and they should also be in with a win over Little Elm...the drama is for third where Lake Dallas and Sanger play...LD is 2-1 Sanger is also 2-1...winner gets into the playoffs loser is done..if LD wins then they go D1 and face Everman while Bridgeport will have to play Kennedale..if Sanger wins then Decatur goes D1 and gets Everman...

8-3A: Kennedale and Glen Rose are both 5-0 and play this week...if KHS wins they clinch the district..if GR wins then they'll stil need to beat 4-1 Everman for the district tittle in Week 10..Everman is D1..

Texas99
10-28-2002, 05:13 PM
MATTHEW328 - - IN 8-3A IF THE FINAL PLAYOFF STANDINGS ARE 1.KENNENDALE, 2. EVERMAN, 3. GLEN ROSE WHO DO YOU PREDICT THESE TEAMS WILL PLAY?

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 05:15 PM
That all depends on what happens in 7-3A..keep an eye on this week's Lake Dallas-Sanger matchup..if Lake Dallas wins look for these games in bi-district..Lake Dallas vs Everman; Bridgeport vs Kennedale; and Decatur vs Glen Rose...
if Sanger wins look for these matchups: Decatur vs Everman; Kennedale vs Sanger; and Bridgeport vs Glen Rose

bigbullbacker
10-28-2002, 06:29 PM
I hope Sanger can pull one out for the gipper LOL

bleedgreen
10-28-2002, 07:13 PM
I see someone doesn't want to see Kennedale in the first round. I would love to pay back the Bulls for last years loss. Our guys are one year older and more mature on defense. From what I've seen, the secondary will handle Phillip much better. Nothing is better than blinding speed....and Kennedale is deep in it.

Da Mules
10-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Re 2-3A: This entire district still very much in the air. The only team who has an almost-guaranteed spot is Littlefield (who lost to Muleshoe) who will thrash Slaton, but face an unknown quantity in Brownfield. A loss to Brownfield (who lost to Cooper) would throw the Wildcats back into the logjam with 2 losses...Brownfield will beat Dimmitt, and the Cubs could be district champs if they can beat Littlefield; yet could still be eliminated by another loss combined with bad mojo in the tiebreakers. Don't read too much into Dimmitt's victory over Slaton & a Muleshoe team that is currently in free-fall; that win over Muleshoe was very likely the peak of their season; Dimmitt's defense will be outmatched by Brownfield and Cooper. Cooper (who lost to Littlefield) is another team which can go either way; they probably will knock Muleshoe out of the playoffs this Friday, but could still get beat and slide back into the tie-breaker tangle with 2 losses. Slaton doesn't have a chance, but may snap one of the state's longest losing streaks against a down Muleshoe team in 2 weeks. Muleshoe is definitely the disappointment of the district this year: starting off with an impressive thrashing of Littlefield, then folded (some say quit) in the 2nd half against Brownfield when the ball didn't bounce their way, then failed to even show up for the 1st half at Dimmitt. There have been about 10 upperclassmen players booted off the MuleTeam this season for rules violations; these ex-players' proven lack of committment to the team may have been a major factor in the inconsistency and occasional lack of heart da Mules have shown in the last two games. Several FRESHMEN have been moved up to varsity to fill the holes. I applaud the Mule coaching staff for having the guts to risk the rest of this season by kicking the swell-headed rules-breakers off the team. The coaches are laying the foundations for development of a very fine team in the next 3 seasons.

bigtimeplaya
10-28-2002, 09:07 PM
alright here's the low down on the playoffs in 6-3A. If Clyde wins, and Ballinger wins, then Clyde beats Comanche, Clyde's in. If Clyde beats Early, and Comanche beats Ballinger by lets say 10 points, then the following week CLyde beats Comanche by 12 and Wylie beats Ballinger, Clyde goes #1 small school and Ballinger goes #2. its all about the point system. just a thought i'd spread...

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-30-2002, 12:25 AM
I think the Clyde/Commance & Ballinger versus the Iowa Park & Vernon matchup will all be good games. None of the 4 teams in my opinion will go past the next round of Kennedales, Evermans, Decators or Bridgeports, but still good solid games to watch. I have seen Ballinger, Vernon, Iowa Park all play and they look to be even matchups.