PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Baseball = roller coaster

1st and goal
04-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Up, down, up,,,,Which team is going to show up to play Miss. State?
After getting whipped by FL and then whipping Ga, you just never know.
It pisses me off when the pitchers are walking and hitting as many batters as they need to, to get their unearned or earned ERA over 10. Or 16, or whatever.

I guess you just have to sit back and realize there is this giant vacuum above every collegiate baseball field called the MLB, constantly calling like the song of the sirens.....

sigh...I guess I'll just relax like Phil and stick to some obtuse sport where there is no pro leagues.....but not quidditch.

1st and goal
04-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Well the first game they showed up big time. It was close until the top of the 9th, when A&M hit a grand slam and then drove in 2 more for a 6 run inning. Score A&M 10, Miss st 3

1st and goal
04-17-2016, 08:06 PM
SWEEP!

I think they scored 10 runs in each game.

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Up, down, up,,,,Which team is going to show up to play Miss. State?
After getting whipped by FL and then whipping Ga, you just never know.
It pisses me off when the pitchers are walking and hitting as many batters as they need to, to get their unearned or earned ERA over 10. Or 16, or whatever.

I guess you just have to sit back and realize there is this giant vacuum above every collegiate baseball field called the MLB, constantly calling like the song of the sirens.....

sigh...I guess I'll just relax like Phil and stick to some obtuse sport where there is no pro leagues.....but not quidditch.

Say what about getting their ERA up??

I only watch MLB, but i have no idea what you're talking about

1st and goal
04-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Say what about getting their ERA up??

I only watch MLB, but i have no idea what you're talking about

You have to watch the games against Florida you 2% 'er...

Saggy Aggie
04-19-2016, 07:04 PM
You have to watch the games against Florida you 2% 'er...

Or you could just answer the question?

In what scenario would a pitcher intentionally "get his ERA over 10"?

1st and goal
04-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Or you could just answer the question?

In what scenario would a pitcher intentionally "get his ERA over 10"?

At the time, many of the pitchers had a combined ERA from the series of somewhere between 10-16 for the weekend. I guess sarcasm and humor are beyond you?

They should've made them walk home after such poor pitching performances.

Saggy Aggie
04-20-2016, 05:39 PM
At the time, many of the pitchers had a combined ERA from the series of somewhere between 10-16 for the weekend. I guess sarcasm and humor are beyond you?

They should've made them walk home after such poor pitching performances.

No need to be a dick. I asked a very simple question

I'm sure the pitchers were walking and hitting batters just to spite 1st and goal on 3adl

1st and goal
04-22-2016, 02:16 PM
No need to be a dick. I asked a very simple question

I'm sure the pitchers were walking and hitting batters just to spite 1st and goal on 3adl

Obviously. Do you really think for 1 second that any one of them WANTED a higher ERA?

Why would you call me that? You have problems.

Saggy Aggie
04-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Obviously. Do you really think for 1 second that any one of them WANTED a higher ERA?

Why would you call me that? You have problems.

No, which is why I didnt know what the hell you were talking about in your first post

Scoop27
05-07-2016, 01:37 PM
They sure don't deserve to be ranked No. 2 in nation=They lost Friday night to Vanderbilt 6-1. And I admit the Longhorns are lousy this year and won't make the tournament

1st and goal
05-09-2016, 07:11 PM
They sure don't deserve to be ranked No. 2 in nation=They lost Friday night to Vanderbilt 6-1. And I admit the Longhorns are lousy this year and won't make the tournament

They came back Saturday and Kyle Simmonds (sp?) got a no walk, no hitter. Ags won 3-0. SEC competition is strong, but there's room in the top ten for others scoop. And there are others in the top ten. What do you think they should be rated? And which teams should be ranked higher in your opinion?

What would his ERA be for that game Saggy? :)